The character sheet for the DS game Infinite Space
. Be careful, the trope Loads and Loads of Characters
is not spoken lightly. Any inputs are welcomed.
The names used in this character sheet are based on the US version of the game. Please note that, as there are no official romanizations for the names beyond the first three characters, the Japanese names listed are subject to change.
open/close all folders
Yuri (JP: Yuri)
A boy who travels out into the sea of stars to solve the mysteries of the Epitaph that his father left to him. Yuri has a strong sense of adventure and curiosity about the unknown, as well as a fierce competitive streak.
Nia Lochlain (JP: Tosca Zittarinda)
A female launcher. For a fee, she helps people leave their home planet to journey into space. Nia is the one who first brought Yuri out to the sea of stars.
Kira (JP: Chelsea)
Yuri's little sister and only living relative. Kira is very attached to Yuri. She wants to be by his side, no matter what it takes, and she'll do absolutely anything for him.
Torlo Adkin (JP: Torlo Agu)
A boy born on the planet of Bagut in the Dominion of Ropesk. Torlo is the leader of a transport gang.
Tatiana Agarkov (JP: Tita Agrinos)
A childhood friend of Torlo Adkin. Tatiana has a frank, outspoken nature, and seems to be unaware of her natural beauty.
Ian Fenevich (JP: Ines Fin)
A boy born on the frontier planet of Gorodok in the Interplanetary Union of Elgava. Ian's intelligence impressed Dedon Galkin so much that Dedon recommended than Ian join Yuri in his travels.
Gen Nadiy (Gennadiy Alabyshev) (JP: Ru Su Fa / Rusfan Alfaroen)
A legendary tactician who once worked for the General Staff Headquarters of the Central Elgavan Forces. Gennadiy Alabyshev disliked being fettered, however, and now spends his days traveling under the assumed name of "Gen Nadiy."
Alik Kovalenko (JP: Wal Hagashe)
A boy who travels the sea of stars with Gen Nadiy. Gen took him in after Alik's home planet was decimated, leaving him a refugee. Although only seven years old, Alik already shows great promise as a tactician.
Gavriil Minas (JP: Jerou Gan)
A genius scientist with a lab in Kalymnos. Professor Minas is known throughout the Large and Small Magellanic Clouds as a leading authority on Epitaph research.
Aminda Mistika (JP: Alpina Musie)
The director of the Ludoviko Tani Observatory in Nova Nacio. Aminda is a favorite former student of Professor Gavriil Minas, whom she helps with his Epitaph research.
- Christmas Cake: Professor Minas likes to tease her for haven't been married despite her age. Subverted in that she doesn't care at all and prefers to dedicate her life as a scientist.
- Satellite Character: She is mostly available to make sure Professor Minas doesn't do anything questionable.
Semias Alastar (JP: Shubein Alsegeina)
A self-proclaimed jack-of-all-trades, he wanders far and wide throughout the Small Magellanic Cloud. Semias is well informed on what's happening in every sector of the galaxy at any given time.
- Crazy-Prepared: His knowledge of hidden starlanes comes handy in occasions.
- Cool Old Guy
- Demoted to Extra: Even while he's in your crew, Semias will basically disappear from the storyline after early act 2, even though he played important role beforehand.
- Genius Bruiser
- The Lancer: In Act 2.
- The Obi-Wan: Somewhat plays this role for Yuri after Nia is killed.
- Satellite Character: To some extent. Other than the fact he knows Nia and Celina well (and apparently served under the former once), we don't learn further than that.
Franny Porolo (JP: Franne Porolo)
Born in the Libertasian frontier planet of Morien, Franny is an excellent engineer with cheerful yet rough disposition. When imprisoned on the prison asteroid Lari, Franny became friends with Yuri and helped plan their escape.
Thomas Veil (JP: Totros Behr)
A man imprisoned on the prison planet Lari who seems well-informed about a variety of things. Although he can sometimes appear to be a bit shallow, his navigation skills are top-notch. He is actually an agent from Federation Security Network led by Brad Lennox.
The Optional Party Members
with very little to no effect to the plot at all.
Poplo (JP: Pupronen)
The leader of the Trump Mercenary Squadron, a group whose activities center mainly in and around Elgava. At the guild on Lutsk, Poplo has been searching for a ship captain with a high level of Fame.
- Badass Beard
- Genius Bruiser: He looks tough as hell and has a great personal combat rating, but really he's best used as your navigator and will teach Yuri a thing or two if you ask.
Gadina (JP: Gazan)
The second in command of the Trump Mercenary Squadron, a group whose activities center mainly in and around Elgava. Along with Poplo, Gadina has been searching for a ship captain with a high level of Fame.
Radimir (JP: Rashou)
The proprietor of a tavern on Hapsal. Radimir is a glib talker, and can come across as being rather superficial.
Rufina Bondar (JP: Rozlin Mouria)
The proprietress of a tavern on the planet Lutsk.
Karlo Efimov (JP: Kario Ismozera)
The son of the former president of the weapons company, Efimov Inc., on the planet Perekop. The company was acquired by the Novgorod Pirates in a hostile takeover, and now Karlo hides away on the planet Klaipeda. He was in the middle of developing weapons and modules to get his revenge on the Novgorod Pirates when he first met Yuri.
Nadja Musin (JP: Naja Miyu)
A scientist who devotes herself to researching rare metals at the National Science Research Lab on the planet Alatyr.
Feodor Kuchin (JP: Bajiru Fama)
A member of the Medic Organization, an Elgavan group of medical volunteers. He values human life beyond all else.
- Frontier Doctor: The reason why he is blacklisted by the Medic Organization, since working in the frontiers won't give much donation.
Larissa Kuchin (JP: Lun Fama)
Feodor Kuchin's daughter. Always by her father's side, Larissa is thoroughly devoted to her life as a medical volunteer.
Loukas Barberis (JP: Raudo Gen Barus)
A highly skilled resource miner, Loukas has worked at virtually every mine throughout Kalymnos.
Rhea Loizou (JP: Lia Sarches)
A former communications operator on a transport ship.
Leo Folias (JP: Rai Derik Galdos)
A civilian scientist. He was confined to the prison planet Skantzoura for some time. Leo took part in the development of the defensive Oort Interception System.
Ratai Faustov (JP: Ratre Faro)
A student of astronomy originally from the planet Volodarev. The party discovered Ratai illegally loitering at the Zvenigorod spaceport trying to measure cosmic radiation.
An android. After the old HELP broke down, Professor Gavriil Minas revamped it into a combat droid with a female appearance.
Nerissa Roubis (JP: Roube Gamu Rau)
A crackerjack civilian engineer. With her ambiguous looks and rough way of speaking, Nerissa is often mistaken for a young boy.
Brava Soneto (JP: Yuma Soun)
A rookie engineer and a member of the guild on the planet Hermeta. Brava has excellent navigation skills and is looking for a captain with a suitably high level of Fame.
Pachjo Palmo (JP: Patmu Par)
A former employee of Lanco Warship Manufacturing and a member of the guild on the planet Hermeta. A veteran engineer, Palmo joined the guild in a quest to find a better ship.
Meteo Beleko (JP: Vulgo Bezun)
Military adviser to Cadmus, the feudal lord of the Dominion of Spetses, and admiral of his fleet. He owes his life to Cadmus the First, the previous feudal lord, and so repays this debt to his son, the current Lord Cadmus.
Johano Sceptro (JP: Han Shau)
A hard-drinking zero-G dog who hangs out at the guild on Subpremi. An expert fighter pilot, Johano will teach his piloting skills to anybody who will buy him a drink.
Nichjo Lotuso (JP: Fu Ruton)
A zero-G dog who can always be found at the guild on Subpremi. An artillery expert, Nichjo is always ready to dole out lessons on artillery skills if the price is right. Looks a little like Popeye.
Paulo Marjeno (JP: Paryuen Marieka)
A trader born in Nova Nacio. Paulo went to Kalymnos looking for business, but ended up being persecuted for being a Nova Nacion.
Anastasia Andreas (JP: Anta Jan Eva)
A doctor in private practice on Zeippern. Anastasia is known throughout the Federation for her impressive skill in medicine.
Anchjo Luzerno (JP: Pino Rusik)
A popular cartoonist who plies his craft in and around the Regeinland area.
Emiliano Colaci (JP: Mettsu Cole)
A freelance zero-G dog who uses the Xeos Belt Union as his base of operations. Emiliano is good friends with Jovani Taglienti.
Theodore Galatas (JP: Zrougin Geikett)
A mercenary officially registered with Kallas & Company. Theodore is well-versed in all aspects of operating a ship.
Garner Sisters (JP: Gumi Sisters)
Twin teenage sisters Callie (JP: Pamipa) and Briana (JP: Papri) are the stars of a hot pop music duo, called the GG Girls, based in the Libertas Sector.
Balthasar Hanno (JP: Barou Bauto)
A zero-G dog who used to work for the Federation Security Network. Balthasar is currently registered as a freelancer with Kallas & Company.
Chief navigator of Task Force 283 of the Kalymnian Second Fleet. Leonardo opposes the Lugovalian Empire and started his own resistance campaign.
Mihhaelo Luko (JP: Feromu Rattou)
An ace pilot in the First Fleet Aglo Squad of the Nova Nacion Space Force. Mihhaelo reacted strongly against the Lugovalian Empire when it took over his homeland.
Mariana Errigo (JP: Meloi Erou)
She runs a clothing store on the planet Acerenza in the Xeos Belt Union. Mariana is Pipra's granddaughter.
- Funny Afro: Lampshaded when Franny insults her as "cauliflower head" during their bickering early in Act 2.
Phyllis French (JP: Phil French)
A young girl who spends all her time at the Kallas & Company branches on Noldau and Hydrus. Even though Phyllis is young she has surprisingly good piloting skills.
Alechjo Rapiro (JP: Haparof Ransman)
A former Nova Nacion soldier and a member of the guild on Acerenza.
Linus Zografos (JP: Rodo Dan Zugu)
A former Kalymnian zero-G dog and a member of the guild on Acerenza.
Aleksandro Marsho (JP: Fushe Mariu)
A mercenary officially registered with Kallas & Company. Aleksandro is well-versed in all aspects of operating a ship.
Volo Naturo (JP: Tokashin Nachanera)
A lieutenant, junior grade, in Nacio's 1094th Fighter Unit. Volo is one of the top ace pilots in Nacio's Forces.
- Ace Pilot: With his skill at level 3 when he joins, he is one of the best characters in piloting along with Luko.
- Perma Stubble
Marajha Sombra (JP: Mahma Soyuu)
An ensign in the Nacio National Defense Space Force, Sector 2. Marajha graduated from the Nacion National Defense Academy with high honors.
Mihijo Festono (JP: Po Filren)
A mercenary officially registered with Kallas & Company. Mihijo is a veteran spacefarer.
Siro Beltrone (JP: Zven Berto)
Chief engineer of Shipyard No. 2 of the Orsino Foundation. Siro is in charge of the unit control system of the control ship Impero for the super weapon ZR.
Vilhelmo Sincera (JP: Bortedo Jinetti)
An employee of Kompaso Corporation who works as a test pilot.
Fajra Atlaso (JP: Frama Ate)
Anchorwoman of the "Wings of Freedom" program airing on an underground station of Adis. Fajra opposes the tyranny of Adisism, which restricts space travel.
Interplanetary Union of Elgava
Demid Panfilov (JP: Deraconda Paracond)
Once a famous adventurer, he discovered and developed the planet of Ropesk, which later became an autonomous dominion of Elgava. But fearing the exodus of his people from Ropesk, he issued a ban on space travel, making them virtual prisoners on the ground.
Oleg Vladykin (JP: Omus Wel)
A commander in the Central Elgavan Forces. Even in military circles, he is known as a staunch Reform Faction supporter. He is on a campaign to rid the nation of pirates.
Mogilek Novikov (JP: Molpota Nun)
A captain in the Central Elgavan Forces, Mogilek is Oleg Vladykin's superior.
Tefed Mudakov (JP: Tera Mans)
Commander of the regional Lutsk Forces division of the Elgavan military.
Zakhar Agarkov (JP: Zakkas Agrinos)
Originally from the planet Bagut, he is now a lieutenant, junior grade in the Central Elgavan Forces. As commander Vladykin's subordinate, Zakhar infiltrated the Novgorod Pirates as a spy. He is Tatiana's beloved older brother.
Vlaso Saburov (JP: Yazu Zansbaros)
The president of the Interplanetary Union of Elgava. He knows very well how to use the clout of his superpower nation, and is crafty when it comes to international negotiations.
- Informed Ability: His craftiness in international negotiations is stated, but the only time he's shown trying to negotiate with someone, the other side is not remotely interested in negotiating.
Rudak Fomich (JP: Rucanan Foh)
Elgava's defense minister. A shrewd man, Rudak is asked for his opinions by President Saburov on a daily basis. Rudak acts as a mediator between government and military, and doesn't take sides on the Conservative versus Reform Faction issue.
Belen Pappas (JP: Bario Jil-Bario)
An ensign who hunts down pirates for the Kalymnos Sector Security Agency. He entered the agency at the same time as Vlasis Delis. Belen is affable and almost too easygoing at times, but he has his own code of principles that he rigidly follows.
Vlasis Delis (JP: Winneru Dea Dein)
An ensign in the Kalymnos Sector Security Agency. Vlasis is involved in trying to rid the sector of pirates. He is generally a good person, but for some reasons he harbors deep hatred toward Nova Nacions and can go overboard with it.
Silas Ioannov (JP: Shibbat Igu Norz)
A lieutenant commander in the Kalymnos Sector Security Agency, and Belen Pappas and Vlasis Delis's commanding officer. Silas is a rational military man capable of making calm, reasoned decisions.
Jacen Glavanis (JP: Zutti Gain Gheil)
A lieutenant in the Kalymnian defense forces that guard the border against their potential enemy, Nova Nacio. Jacen seems to have a feeling of antagonism toward the Sector Security Agency, which is in charge of ridding the area of pirates.
Ptolemy Pavlis (JP: Deodora El Vein)
The fleet admiral of the main Kalymnian Forces during the Irvest War. A true career soldier, Ptolemy feels a sense of pride every time he stands on the battlefield.
Deacon Verga (JP: Joppa Jei Japus)
A political counselor and member of the People's Committee in the Kalymnos Cluster. During the Irvest War, Deacon took on the role of monitoring the military's movements.
Vilchjo Valso (JP: Warenpus Palpator)
A captain in the Nova Nacion Space Force Joint Command. Vilchjo firmly believes that the purpose of having a military force is to prevent wars from happening.
Antono Letero (JP: Eruitto Reff)
A technical ensign of the Nova Nacion Space Force. During the Irvest War, Antono boarded Yuri's ship as a temporary crew member.
Tajlero Martiro (JP: Fyurias Massef)
An admiral that leads the main fleet of the Nova Nacion Space Force. Tajlero keeps the enemy in check in order to bring the Irvest Sector under control.
Luchjo Ulmo (JP: Reipir Orisun)
The chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff of Nova Nacio. Luchjo is the man responsible for moving Project Stelalumo forward during the Irvest War.
Merita Tajloro (JP: Myurra Tarieiz)
A technical ensign who was sent to the planet Najbaro as a controller for Project Stelalumo.
Koralo Villo (JP: Jeidi Waira)
A technical ensign of the 205th Nova Nacion Technical Support Unit. He's one of the technical experts who knows about the starlight power generating plan in the Irvest Sector, Project Stelalumo.
Lanco Warship Manufacturing
Adorinda Nobelo (JP: Falneri Nerne)
The secretarial office manager at Lanco Warship Manufacturing. Adorinda strives to support the Lanco family in every way, both in her professional capacity, and on a more personal level, too.
Nikolao Garni (JP: Toukita Garikson)
A steward who has been working for the Lanco family for many years. His manner is refined and dignified at all times. Nikolao also has a surprisingly good, military-like knowledge of ship operations.
Katida Lanco (JP: Kyaro Lanbas)
The granddaughter of Jozefo Lanco. Perhaps due to her wealthy upbringing, Katida is a carefree, cheerful and somewhat naive girl with an adventurous spirit.
- Arranged Marriage: With Desmond in the route where she joins the crew. No wonder she has become very quiet by the time you meet her.
- Break the Cutie: Seeing how much she has changed (and very badly if you don't recruit her) in Act 2, it is obvious she goes through this during the Time Skip.
- Distressed Damsel
- Guest Star Party Member: Temporarily joins in Act 1. Depending on how you play the game, she becomes permanent member in Act 2.
- Guide Dang It: She is the hardest character to recruit in the entire game, due to the confusion regarding her recruitment flags. To elaborate, you have to yell at her when she insists to go traveling with you, buy her real flowers as an apology, and you must support her homeland during the Irvest Sector war.
- Hartman Hips: Her grown-up self.
- Ill Girl: Suffers from some kind of disorder that doesn't allow her to spend extended amount of time in spacenote , and constantly takes medications for it. Oddly, this is not mentioned at all if she pulls Face-Heel Turn in Act 2.
- Nice Hat: Act 1.
- Optional Party Member
- Out of Focus: If she joins your crew in Act 2, she only appears in a minor event with Kira after the Zenito/Enemonzo invasion.
- Rebellious Princess
- Rescue Romance: A one-sided version.
- Shrinking Violet: Becomes one if she joins in Act 2, sort of. She's much more subdued than her younger self.
- Spoiled Brat: Dear God, where to begin...
- Tareme Eyes: Act 2.
- Upper-Class Twit: She doesn't seem to realize just how her actions almost put two nations into full-blown war. That, or she doesn't care.
- Urban Legend of Zelda: Rumor has it that she can learn the Comeback Kid command, which nobody in the game possesses so far despite appearing in HELP database.
If she doesn't join in Act 2, she will embody these tropes:
Jozefo Lanco (JP: Segwen Lanbas)
The president of Lanco Warship Manufacturing, a large Nova Nacion company. With a strong desire for economic growth in the Small Magellanic Cloud, Jozefo pursues peace negotiations with Kalymnos.
Republic of Regeinland
Bastian Schneizer (JP: Balzer Schneitser)
The captain of the Royal Fleet of the Republic of Regeinland. A proud Regeinlandic military officer, Bastian has an extremely strong sense of duty.
- Brutal Honesty: When asked who is the better captain between Yuri and Cico, Bastian wastes no time in telling them who and why. According to him, Regeinlanders have a tendency to be rather blunt.
- The Captain
- Curtains Match the Window: In the artbook, his eyes match his dark-brown hair. In the game, however, his eyes are closer to gold.
- Heroic Sacrifice: Fired the exalaser cannon to seal off the gate that connects LMC to SMC, effectively stalling Lugovalos' invasion for ten years.
- Mr. Fanservice
- Officer and a Gentleman
- Ship Tease: A bit with Nia. Brutally sunk following their deaths.
- Tall, Dark and Handsome
- We Hardly Knew Ye: The only times he appears in the story are when he is first introduced and when he pulls his Heroic Sacrifice. In Act 2, he is only mentioned twice: when Yuri criticizes LMC nations for their lack of action after his sacrifice and during Dietrich's event in Gunnitz.
Dietrich Schneizer (JP: Dantar Schneitser)
A commander in the Regeinlandic Space Armored Fleet, he's a honest and reliable career soldier. Dietrich gives his all for the sake of his homeland and the Large Magellanic Cloud as a whole.
- Adorkable: Shades of this, at times.
- Biseinen: He's very pretty, as with his brother. It seems to run in the family.
- Book Ends: Near the end of Act 2, he dies in the same way as how Bastian died ten years before.
- Custom Uniform: Maybe. While it retains the basic design, his uniform doesn't go down until his feet. Somehow, it makes him look shorter than his fellows.
- Expy: Arguably of Norris from Chrono Cross.
- Curtains Match the Window: Same as Bastian, this is averted in the game since his eyes are closer to gold.
- Guest Star Party Member: Temporarily joins your crew along with Nele during the first visit to SMC in Act 2.
- Heroic Sacrifice: During the climatic battle against Lugovalos, he tried to stop the enemy fleets from pursuing Yuri to SMC. When the situation became hopeless, he pulled the same thing that his brother did ten years earlier.
- Mr. Fanservice
- Nice Guy
- Officer and a Gentleman
- Perpetual Frowner: His character portrait. Noteworthy since he is usually portrayed as a nice and friendly character in the story.
- Sorry That I'm Dying: Right before he dies, he apologizes to Yuri for unable to keep his word to stay alive.
- Straight Man: He occasionally comes across as this.
- Tall, Dark and Handsome
- The Comically Serious: A light example. Dietrich does have a sense of humor, but as the Straight Man and subordinate to Lord Roth, he finds himself in a number of funny situations, and his calm and composed nature only makes them funnier.
- The Knights Who Say Squee: Towards Yuri. Dietrich is very excited about being able to work with him.
- You Gotta Have Grey Hair: Well, light-gray.
- You Shall Not Pass
Luitger Sankt (JP: Ruftobais Zeksun)
The commander of the Alpha Quadrant Fleet of Republic of Regeinland. Luitger hopes to take steps to thwart the Lugovalian threat independently of the Galactic Federation.
Norbert Weimar (JP: Norejji Waimar)
A member of the Interplanetary Assembly of the Galactic Federation. Originally from Regeinland, Norbert hopes for the unification of the Large Magellanic Cloud through the use of a council system.
Lord Roth / Hartwig (JP: Lord Roenlorg)
Commander of the Royal Fleet of the Republic of Regeinland, also known as "Hartwig". "Roth" is not his birth name, but rather a title bestowed upon the most outstanding of the nation's military officers. He is a tactician with some of the greatest leadership skills in the Galactic Federation.
- Biseinen: He's pretty. VERY pretty.
- Death Seeker: If Katida isn't recruited, which results in Nele's death.
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer: His personality doesn't earn him much respect from fellow officers, but his skill is something else.
- Chick Magnet: So much.
- Demoted to Extra: If he doesn't die during the final battle against Lugovalos, his role is overshadowed by the other four members of the fleet against the Overlords.
- Heroic Sacrifice / Taking You with Me: In the route where Katida is not recruited. The former is more questionable, however, as the Death Seeker aspect plays more.
- Mummies at the Dinner Table: If you don't recruit Katida, she will order the fleet to focus fire on Roth's ship, killing Nele, which turns Roth into this before he fires his high-stream blaster, destroying the ship.
- Only Known By His Title: His real name is never stated. Nele is the only one who calls him "Hartwig", which is most likely to be his last name.
- Shirtless Scene: His first appearance has him wear nothing but his underwear.
- Unresolved Sexual Tension: With Nele.
- You Gotta Have Platinum Hair
Nele Baecker (JP: Ness Belzrau)
Lord Roth's aide. A capable officer, Nele has worked with him for eight long years.
Helmine Baum (JP: Pramell Bamunzen)
A captain in the Regeinlandic Forces. In a military organization that values ability, Helmine has distinguished herself as a fleet commander.
Franz Beyer (JP: Farago Bastrika)
A rear admiral in the Regeinlandic Forces. One of Regeinland's top commanders.
Arturo Basadre (JP: Agris Bazez)
Born into the powerful Basadre clan, he is now the young head of the state of Escondido. Arturo is a passionate idealist who burns with the desire to transform Escondido into a completely independent nation. Escondidio currently exists under the protection and exploitation of the major nations.
Aide to Arturo Basadre. Rogelio is highly trusted by Arturo as a political advisor on internal affairs.
Osvaldo Ochoa (JP: Obozu Obo)
The young head of the famous Ochoa clan, rivals of the Basadre clan. Osvaldo's goal is to build a nation free from all influence and interference from other nations.
- Dark-Skinned Blond
- La Résistance
- Luck-Based Mission: His fleet is probably not so much of a threat, but what makes the battle against him rather hard is the fact that his ship is invisible, which means you can only rely on multi-hit weapons and fighters. If you wipe his guards out before you beat him, then you fail the mission.
- Optional Party Member
Aide to Osvaldo Ochoa. Sandalio's strong suit is internal affairs, and he acts as Osvaldo's adviser.
The queen of Zenito. In the interests of universal peace and the ultimate fate of mankind, Queen Safira maintains neutrality at all times.
Commander of Zenito's Core Fleet, Mikelo learned of the Lugovalian threat from Orders. In an attempt to save Zenitorian race, he created his own separate network.
The captain of the Zenitonian Seventh Fleet, Abrahamo served under Admiral Mikelo Rubriko. After Mikelo was defeated, Abrahamo was sent to the Interplanetary Assembly as a visiting officer.
A Zenitonian technology officer. Georgo has the deep trust of Queen Safira, and can command fleets using neura operating system (NOS) technology.
Libertas and Orders
The president of the Galactic Federation. Bernard is caught in the conflict between the Federation's two national assemblies: the Federation Assembly, which consists almost entirely of Libertasian members, and the Interplanetary Assembly, which also includes members from surrounding nations.
Daniel Evans (JP: Decreman Eucise)
Chairman of the Federation Assembly as well as chairman of Orders, a military organization. His goal is to unify the Galactic Federation under the leadership of Libertas.
Carl Kitson (JP: Kiera Kieta)
An Orders captain and aide to Admiral Douglas Bernard. Carl has great faith in Orders chairman Daniel Evans as well. Even after the battle of Hinwald, Carl opposes the Interplanetary Assembly out of loyalty to Chairman Evans.
The fleet admiral commanding the Orders forces in the Battle of Hinwald. Douglas is an illustrious commander and is loyal in his service to Daniel Evans, Chairman of Orders.
- Guest Star Party Member: While not becoming a temporary crew member, he briefly boards on your ship in one minor route where Carl Kitson is not recruitable.
A fleet admiral of the Libertasian Forces. He commands a fleet that defends the void gate in Libertas' border sectors.
Kevin Norton (JP: Cobas Nortoren)
Commander of the Galactic Federation fleet, but it is rumored that Daniel Evans, the chairman of Orders, is the one who truly controls the military, and that Kevin Norton actually has very little effective authority.
William Horton (JP: Viela Horton)
Kevin Norton's adjutant. William uses his expert skills at analyzing information to advise Kevin Norton.
Captain of the Beta Sector Fleet of the Galactic Federation. Kyle attempted to apprehend Yuri as Yuri was carrying out his pirate activities in the Xeos Belt Union.
Saverio Zanetti (JP: Zabas Zanfulg)
The chairman of the Orsino Foundation and a prominent figure in the business world. Saverio is originally from the Grand Duchy of Enemonzo, but is currently based on his own mega-corporation's planet.
- For Science!: If Villo is in your crew, a tavern conversation in Enemonzo-Mesezana route reveals that Zanetti is willing to sacrifice an entire nation if it means for the advancement of technology.
The son of Saverio Zanetti. Per his father's wishes, Gino heads up the Orsino Foundation, but he is plagued by an indecisive nature.
Danilo Ulgiati (JP: Dold Ulgus)
Danilo becomes the COO of the Orsino Foundation after Saverio and Gino Zanetti left.
Other Galactic Federation Nations
The prime minister and king of Nacio. Michaelo belongs to the Interplanetary Assembly, and maintains cordial relations with Regeinland.
- Papa Wolf: The first thing he does when he first sees Yuri? Punch his guts for the attempted kidnapping of his daughter. He quickly warms up, fortunately... although he still doesn't like the idea of his daughter having a crush on Yuri.
Glorinda Falko (JP: Mereliera Firch)
Fleet admiral of the Nacion Space Force and daughter of Prime Minister Michaelo Falko. An intelligent woman, Glorinda knows that although she is an admiral, she serves more as a figurehead to boost morale.
Jochjo Shildo (JP: Yenan Sherif)
A captain in the Nacion Space Force. Adviser to Admiral Glorinda Falko and commander of the entire Nacion Force, Jochjo is a reliable and loyal officer.
The president of Kompaso Corporation, a warship manufacturer in Nacio.
A lieutenant commander in the Enemonzon Sector 248 Patrol Fleet, Aria has excellent knowledge of fleet operation.
Martino Barbero (JP: Machis Behron)
A lieutenant, junior grade, in the 283rd Fleet of the Enemonzon Central Forces. He is a survivor of one of the fleets that was destroyed by the Lugovalian Empire.
Ettore the 235th
Sovereign of the Grand Duchy of Enemonzo. Ettore the 235th's nation is officially aligned with the Interplanetary Assembly, but, along with Chairman Zanetti of the Orsino Foundation, he privately supports the Federation Assembly.
Teodoro Visani (JP: Tritoro Elrunarya)
Prince of Grand Duchy of Enemonzo and first in line for the throne. Teodoro is especially good at making surprise attacks, and enjoys employing sneaky tactics whenever possible. Feared by his enemies, he has earned the nickname "the Bloody Prince".
Adolfo Visani (JP: Adelfa Elrunarya)
Prince of Grand Duchy of Enemonzo and second in line for the throne, he is also a fleet admiral who commands the Enemonzon fleets. He is a bright and cheerful person, and has the dignity and grace of royalty.
Brad Lennox (JP: Byron Leness)
The director of the Galactic Federation's Federation Security Network (FSN).
Holy Nation of Adis
The patriarch and head of Holy Nation of Adis, he fears the repercussions of mankind's spread into space.
Hierarch Myagmar (JP: Hierarch Eldath)
The first of the Four Hierarchs of Adis. Myagmar devotes his outstanding skills as a fleet commander to serve and protect Patriarch Bogd.
Hierarch Vanbeleg (JP: Hierarch Gabrazi)
The second of the Four Hierarchs of Adis. Vanbeleg defends the Wolf-Rayet Line, the first line of defense against Galactic Federations.
Hierarch Batdagra (JP: Hierarch Shiddath)
The third of the Four Hierarchs of Adis. Batdagra defends the fortress planet Hadmuzh, the second line of defense against Galactic Federations.
Hierarch Zaazhad (JP: Hierarch Nahashitta)
The last of the Four Hierarchs of Adis. Zaazhad leads the Zone security force in patrolling his nation's territory against intruders.
Emperor Taranis Mopons Lugus
The 117th Emperor of Lugovalos. Hailed as the greatest ruler since the nation switched to an imperial regime, Emperor Taranis continues his conquest of space with unrivaled leadership.
Cicolluis Maponus Lugus (see below)
Admiral of the Macklin Fleet, the most powerful fleet of the Lugovalian Empire. A reticent older man, but a seasoned commander. Even the emperor consults him on military strategy from time to time.
Niall Eremon (JP: Raios Femdo Hemleon)
The commander of the Lugovalian Vanguard Fleet. Niall's forces invaded the Small Magellanic Cloud and conquered it with amazing speed.
A soldier of Lugovalian Vanguard Fleet. He is proud of being a natural-born citizen of Lugovalos proper. Trevor is Eremon's adjutant, but can't hide his dissatisfaction with having a foreigner from a conquered planet as his superior.
- And I Must Scream: The artificial Epitaph that Professor Minas created caused him to merge with the Dead Gate nearby, turning said gate into some sort of primitive life force that will attack anything nearby.
- Jerkass: Looks down on those who weren't Lugovalian-born, and seeing just how subdued Katida becomes if you recruit her, it is very likely he has been abusing her all along.
- The Resenter: To Eremon for being his superior despite being non-Lugovalian born... and proceeds to laugh at him in the face after his huge blunder at the end of Act 1.
Head of the viceroyalty established by Lugovalos after it conquered most of the Small Magellanic Cloud. Kendrick has ruled many occupied territories before this in his career.
Lyudmila Borisova (JP: Luchia Baminton)
The captain of a probe ship that left the Small Magellanic Cloud on an Epitaph research expedition but then became lost. Lyudmila was also a scholar and head of the Zvenigorod Academy. Niall Eremon saved her life, and she became his aide.
Galvin Macklin's only daughter. Ursula's current fleet commander position is due not to her illustrous family, but to her impressive leadership abilities.
Miles Merril (JP: Meiyor Meta)
An ensign of the Lugovalian Forces. He was born in Lugovalos-conquered territory but became Ursula Macklin's adjutant after she discovered his genius as a tactician.
Ian Fenevich (see above)
Katida Lanco (see above)
Valantin (JP: Ballantine)
An infamous pirate who travels far and wide across the cosmos. His very name strikes fear into the hearts of the masses. Valantin's ship, the Corsair, is said to be the greatest in the universe.
Dedon Galkin (JP: Diego Gyattse)
Balik's right-hand man and second in command of Balik's division of the Novgorod Pirates.
Balik (JP: Balfos)
A boss within the Novgorod Pirates in the Lutsk Sector of Elgava. Balik has close ties to some of the soldiers in Lutsk, and wreaks havoc throughout the sector.
Argun Narevin (JP: Argon Narabatoska)
An old pirate boss of the local Novgorod Pirates in Central Elgava. From his long years of experience, Argun has gained the cruel ability of finding and exploiting his opponents' weaknesses.
Celina Sioufas (JP: Samara Ku Sikh)
A no-nonsense pirate who maintains her status at the top of the rankings. Celina is not one to be trifled with, and has no qualms stamping out anyone who gets in her way.
- Chuck Cunningham Syndrome: If Roth doesn't die in the final battle against Lugovalos, her last appearance is when she informs Yuri about Eremon's return somewhere in the middle of Act 2. On the other hand...
- Demoted to Extra: ...if she replaces Roth as one of the members of the fleet against Overlords, she doesn't get that much screentime, either.
- Even Evil Has Standards: Well, the "evil" part is arguable, but she definitely has limits on how far she goes with piracy.
- Evil Laugh: Gives one after crushing her mobile fortress to destroy Kreios' base.
- Guest Star Party Member: Her ship temporarily joins the fleet before the end of Act 1.
- Names to Run Away From Really Fast: "Merciless Night Queen"
- Noodle Incident: Her "embarrassing secrets", which Nia used to have her temporarily join your fleet near the end of Act 1.
- Pet the Dog: Helping to find servonin to cure Tatiana's brother.
- Rapunzel Hair
Gilles Nikitas (JP: Gati Hado)
A member of the pirate crew led by Celina Sioufas. Gilles is solely responsible for maintaining and servicing her pirate ship.
Terzi (JP: Datrach)
A mid-level leader of the Kreios Pirates. Terzi comes across as arrogant, but he is actually quite cowardly when cornered.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: In Kalymnos route, he took the Monarho incident survivors onboard his ship, and if the player sets his recruitment flag, during the reunion scene in Act 2, a character noted that the children like him.
- Optional Party Member
Michijo Abato (JP: Shilgufan Oddo)
An infamous pirate who is always at the top of the rankings. Michijo bears a strong grudge against Nova Nacio, and when the Irvest War broke out, he decided to side with Kalymnos.
Yianni Pavlov (JP: Judihn Betrio)
A surviving boss of the Kreios Pirates. A frank and open-hearted man, Yianni doesn't get hung up on the past. His passion is to build and fly fast ships.
Albert Zachman (JP: Gepalt Zakhman)
The captain of the Bad-to-the-Bone pirates, the most infamous and cruel pirates in the known universe. He is skilled at strategizing, and has an uncanny ability to survive even the worst-case scenarios.
Rocco (JP: Rokkotsu)
The first mate of the Bad-to-the-Bone Pirates. Rocco has surprisingly good combat skills in spite of his wispy frame.
A mysterious group that shows up throughout the game, observing Yuri and Kira. They are the creators of the universe.
An AI information android provided by the Cosmic Trade Authority to help zero-G dogs along in their travels. After one breaks down, Professor Minas rebuilds it as a female combat android.
Melania Sabik (JP: Miiya Saki)
A young girl who works at the tavern on the planet Gorodok. She loves to sing.
The warden of the prison planet Skantzoura in Kalymnos.
The warden of the prison planet Lari. Deimos is the younger brother of Dardanos Glaucus, and bears a bitter grudge against Yuri for defeating his older brother.
- Palette Swap: His sprite is exactly the same as Dardanos, with a bit color difference.
Cicolluis Maponus Lugus (JP: Gillias)
A boy traveling through the sea of stars alone. His single-minded quest is to become stronger. Whenever Cico encounters zero-G dogs with a high level of Fame, he never misses the opportunity to challenge them to a battle. This might have something to do with the throne succession...
- Biseinen: Arguably qualifies in Act 2, although unlike most examples, he is very well-built.
- Green Eyes
- Guest Star Party Member: His ship, Rudianos, temporarily accompanies you in the Magellanic Stream.
- Crutch Character: The Rudianos is also stronger than the Large Magellanic Cloud ships used by the pirates of the Stream, allowing you to fight and prosper somewhere that you have no business being at that point in the story.
- Idiot Hero: While he is not the hero of the story, personality-wise he qualifies.
- King Incognito
- Leeroy Jenkins: Has shades of this trope.
- Mr. Fanservice
- The Rival
- Stalker with a Crush: In Act 2, to some extent. Even though he is more than capable to kick ass on his own, trying to chase and defeat Yuri personally twice is still not the wisest thing to do for somebody in the next line for the throne.
- Static Character: As opposed to Yuri, who matures out throughout the game.
- Wacky Marriage Proposal: To Kira, which is immediately answered by a slap. Doubles as Crowning Moment of Funny.
- Warrior Prince
- Worthy Opponent
Cadmus (JP: Bahasyar)
The second-generation feudal lord of the Dominion of Spetses. Cadmus stays holed up in his own autonomous nation, and has never stepped a foot out into space.
- Death from Above: Valantin throws a huge chunk of rock at him in Spetses Ruins.
- Dirty Coward: To the point Yuri can't even bring up his sword against him because he is so disgusted by his cowardice.
- Leitmotif: "Feverish man". Ironically, he is the only villain (if Taranis doesn't count) who has his own theme tune despite being a very minor one.
Pipra (JP: Ku-Ku)
The leader of the Trader's Guild on Kashtano, a key planet in the Magellanic Stream. Well-versed in the space routes in both the Large and Small Magellanic Clouds, she can get her hands on almost anything.
The top dog of the west prison block on the prison planet Lari, and Yuri's rival there. A former boxer, Dodungo has complete confidence in his fighting skills.
Oisin Lenus Lugus (JP: Oraia)
A freelance zero-G dog who travels the cosmos. Oisin's manner of speech is a bit odd, but he is very skilled at combat. For his own mysterious reasons, he tenaciously attempts to hunt Cico down, with the clear intention to kill him.
Jovani represents the Xeos Belt Union, and is very accommodating to zero-G dogs.
The president of Kallas & Company, a private military company that spreads throughout every nation in the Large Magellanic Cloud.