Characters: Grand Chase
open/close all folders
A Kanavan Knight trained by her father, Elesis joins the Grand Chase after her father disappears while attempting to locate Kaze'Aaze. At first she is rather rash and hot-blooded, but winds up taking up the role of leader following the Knight Master's departure.Sieghart is indeed her ancestor. Elesis' full name is Elesis Sieghart.Her four jobs are the following: Knight, Spearman, Swordmaster and Savior.Tropes associated with Elesis:
- Action Girl
- Badass Longcoat: The outfit for her 4th class has her wearing one.
- Braids of Action: Her 1st job.
- Cool Sword: As a Knight
- Demoted to Extra: Sieghart and Zero seem to have taken the role of team tank away from her.
- Seighart also seems to have taken the role as leader from her in the story. In game, most of her unique attributes have now been copied by other characters.
- Fiery Redhead
- Heroines Prefer Swords: At least in her 1st, 3rd and 4th job classes.
- Guest Fighter: An alternate universe version of her appears in Elsword.
- Leeroy Jenkins: At least in the early parts of the story.
- Lightning Bruiser: When using three out of her four jobs (for now), Elesis can be one of the fastest characters in-game if you pace and time her dashes correctly - yes, even her normally-thought-slow Sword Master job.
- And then she becomes even faster with her 4th-level special as Knight.
- Precision F-Strike: At least twice in the story.
- Red-Headed Heroine
- The Rival: For Arme, who she gets into arguments with during the cutscenes.
- Shout-Out: Whenever Elesis uses her Knight's 4th skill, Bravery, for a few seconds the 3rd hit of her basic combo shoots Sword Beams across the map and her dash becomes a full-fledged Flash Step. Looks like she had some swordmanship lessons from Ichigo..
- Stone Wall: Her stat distribution sacrifices attack power for defense, leaving her with some of the lowest damage potential of any character. And she does not gain skills that subvert this until she hits Level 51 and acquires Taunt.
- Lampshaded by Arme after the KazeAaze boss fight.
- Elesis has among the most ways to evade death of all characters. Braver reduces all damage to 1 during it's duration; Hyper Armor makes Elesis impossible to knock down for 20 seconds; and thus impossible to strike a killing blow to; and she can use a combat roll after any of her basic attacks except a jump attack which gives her invulnerability frames and lets her get behind foes. Used correctly, Elesis is near untouchable in dungeons and a nightmare to kill in Pv P; despite not having a healing ability like Zero.
Hailing from Eryuell Island, Lire is a young member of the Elven Corps who has joined the Grand Chase on the behalf of her elven brethren. Despite being the same age as her teammates Elesis and Arme, Lire is a great deal more rational and mature than the two, and often has to mediate whenever they argue.Her four jobs are the following: Archer, Crossbowman, Arch Ranger and Nova.Tropes associated with Lire:
- Apologetic Attacker: "I was going to take it easy, but, oh well!"
- Bare Your Midriff: As Crossbowman and Nova.
- BFG: Lire's Great Bow functions as one, basically.
- Boom, Headshot: With luck, a hit from her skills can drop your HP to zero, much like Lass' Fatal Fury Tempest.
- Composite Character: Her 4th job (Nova) is essentially an amalgamation of all her previous jobs into one.
- Closer to Earth
- Crossbows Akimbo
- Dual Wielding: A pair of small gun-like crossbows.
- Elves Versus Dwarves: Being an Elf; her presence in the Chase did not exactly help with diplomacy with the Dwarves of Archemedia, who are at war with the Dark Elves.
- Glass Cannon: She cannot take a hit as well as, say, Elesis... but she hits like an eighteen-wheeler dropped from Mount Everest.
- The Gunslinger: Her Crossbowman job lets her move like this.
- Kick Chick: Not as showy as Amy, but she does show off some kicking skills as Crossbowman and Nova.
- More Dakka: as Crossbowman.
- Only Sane Man: Often has to get in the middle of Elesis and Arme arguing.
- Our Elves Are Different
- Precision F-Strike: When she sees Amy for the first time (back in season 3).
- Rain of Arrows
- That One Attack: Her first bar skill key moves are know to cause fits in Pv P.
- Her non-skill key special moves are also very dangerous, as getting hit by one point-blank means you will get grabbed or hit with another special move in short order.
- Then there is Headshot Level 2; which is a ranged version of Lass' Fatal Attack, which hits twice; for the same mana cost. And if at point blank, she can follow it up with an immediate grab for an instant kill if successful. This skill was so potent it was initially removed in NAGC.
- Trick Arrow
- Wave Motion Gun: Her revamped Level 3 special as Crossbowman. Get enough foes in a line and you can easily mow them down in one shot.
Child prodigy member of the Violet Magic Guild, the cheerful Arme is always on the lookout for new magic she can learn, despite having already mastered the White and Black varieties. Upon learning of the Queen of Darkness's magical might, Arme joins the Grand Chase in hopes of encountering the dark queen (and possibly picking up a few new spells along the way).Her four jobs are the following: Magician, Combat Alchemist, Warlock and Battle Mage.Tropes associated with Arme:
- Bare Your Midriff: Her 4th job, Battle Mage.
- Black and White Magic
- Black Magician Girl
- Difficult but Awesome: Combat Alchemist
- Elemental Magic - Mostly of Fire and Lightning; but there are some Ice, Wind and even Light and Darkness skills thrown in. Earth is absent, despite being in the Back Story for Warlock.
- Game Breaker: the only character who has a Cash Skill banned in tournaments (Athena's Sword).
- Genki Girl
- Glass Cannon: Has one of the highest attack stats, but extremely poor defense and her teleportation is rather slow.
- Kawaiiko: "Aren't I cuuuute~?"
- Mad Bomber: as Combat Alchemist
- Most Annoying Sound: "The Holy Light will lead us!". If the Arme has latency issues it tends to result in the sound clip spamming and overlapping.
- The Rival: To Elesis.
- Token Mini-Moe
- Serial Escalation/Death from Above: The Magician's 3rd skill summons a meteor storm that hails through the screen and causes massive damage, if not outright kills everyone, and was the the terror of Pv P back in season 1. Cue Arme getting her 4th job, Battle Mage. One of her 3rd skills, Deep Impact, is a swarm of even bigger meteors that pretty much obliterates everything in line of sight. And now, there's the Battle Mage's 4th skill, aptly named The End.
- Squishy Wizard: Lampshaded by Elesis.
- Averted by Warlock; who is a Stone Wall with her 2 bar skill giving her a massive defense buff. Alchemist can avert this somewhat as well with repeated spamming of Cure. Mage can avert this somewhat with Saver and Protection of Fire. The only class of Arme that is out-and-out Squishy Wizard is Battle Mage.
- Status Buff
- Summon Magic: As Warlock.
Member (and later leader) of the Silver Cross guild of assassins, Lass is the former human host of the Queen of Darkness, Kaze'Aaze. Upon her defeat, the newly-freed Lass joins the Chase to atone for his crimes.His four jobs are the following: Thief, Assassin / Mercenary, Dark Assassin and Evan Striper / Striker / Slasher.Tropes associated with Lass:
- The Atoner
- Dark and Troubled Past: Lass was part of the Nightmare Circus; mistreated by the Ringmaster due to his heritage. Kaze'Aze freed him at some point and used his daemonic ancestry to possess him. Then Lass came back and burned down the circus in revenge when he found it again.
- Death-or-Glory Attack: Fatal Fury Tempest
- Demonic Possession: He is possessed by Kaze'Aaze when you first run into him.
- Dual Wielding: As Thief and Dark Assassin - dual daggers and claws.
- Fragile Speedster: Moves really fast, hits really hard, but has about as much defense as Squishy Wizard Arme.
- Gender-Blender Name: Kinda obvious - but what does the word Lass mean?
- Turns out Lass's name, in fact, is an Arabic translation of "Thief", which is read as "Lass". Guess what his 1st job is...
- Half-Human Hybrid: Half Human; Half Daemon
- Iaijutsu Practitioner: As Slasher.
- Improbable Age: Becomes leader of the Silver Cross Assassins' Guild when he ascends to a Slasher.
- Katanas Are Just Better: His 4th job weapon.
- Laser Blade: Blade Spirit!
- Ninja: As Thief, he moves like one. The Skill Tree buffs make this a lot more blatant, as well as the armor set that came with its release.
- While his Assassin outfit does have ninja vibes, his Striker / Slasher outfit has him looking like someone out of the Naruto universe, complete with forehead protector.
- Ooh, Me Accent's Slipping: Lass kinda sounds Australian sometimes, and his 4th job taunt has him sound like Austin Powers with the same Aussie accent.
- Smug Snake: Even if he is on your side, his taunts and quotes have him sound rather smug.
- Spam Attack: Dark Assassin's play style revolves around hitting opponents repeatedly with jump attacks.
- Summon Magic: Dark Memories
- Variable-Length Chain: as Assassin
- Wolverine Claws: as Dark Assassin
- Younger Than They Look: Or sound, rather. He's apparently around 13, but could EASILY be mistaken for much older by the sound of his voice. His looks don't exactly give it away.
- (You're One Hundred) Years Too Early (To Fight Me): Says this verbatim as his winning (as Thief and Dark Assassin) or taunting (as Slasher) quotes.
His four jobs are the following: Druid, Sentinel, Viken and Xenocider / Vanquisher / Avenger.Tropes associated with Ryan:
- An Axe to Grind: Druid
- Bifurcated Weapon / Dual Wielding: Xenocider / Avenger
- Blade on a Stick: as Viken
- Batter Up: His Skill Tree Charged Attack. When fully-charged turns Ryan into a Home Run Hitter.
- Confusion Fu: Fighting a good Vanquisher is quite a task; since not only can he switch between two stances with very different skillsets, but he can also transform into either Wolf or Magnus Dan, and Nephilim. Counting the transformations themselves, Vanquisher effectively can have 13 skills at the same time, far more than any other character. [7 basic skills; 2 transformations, Neph's punch and Magnus' 3 skills] This is upped to 17 in dungeons due to Weapon Change.
- Double Weapon: As Sentinel
- Game Breaker: Though not to the degree that Gladiator Sieghart has, Ryan's Druid Skill Tree greatly improved his maneuverability and utility.
- Irony: Ryan claims to protect the forest; yet his weapon of choice is a giant Axe; which is associated with cutting down trees. Ryan's Jade Hook and Scythe are not much better, although his Storm Blades are not cutting instruments.
- Make Me Wanna Shout
- Nature Hero
- That One Attack: Everyone and his dog who buys a cash skill key for Ryan will always, always, always get Poison Spore.
- Voluntary Shapeshifting: Ryan can transform into Wolf, Nephilim, and Magnus Dan forms.
- Why Won't You Die?: Ryan can invoke this effect in team Pv P with Ressurection. In addittion; he can have a 50% chance of resurrecting himself on death due to a self-buff skill [On a long cooldown] and Druid has temporary invulnerability. Throw in his healing totems and healing attacks from Druid for good measure, and the fact that his shapeshifting; due to changing his HP total, can effectively heal him when used at low HP.
- Wolf Man - technically.
Scion of Erudon, a family of Magic Knights in Kanavan. Was a Royal Guard Master protecting the Kanavan Royal Family before joining the Chase after defeating Gaikoz.His four jobs are the following: Magic Knight, Dragon Knight, Aegis Knight and Abyss Knight.Tropes associated with Ronan:
- Berserk Button: Betrayal
- Beware the Nice Ones: Despite generally being level-headed and a foil to Elesis' aggressive nature, making Ronan angry will result in him, in no short order; announcing he will kill you, and following up on it. The only reason Dahlia wasn't killed by Ronan was Astraroth did it first.
- BFS - The revamp gives him the largest in the game as a temporary buff.
- Chewing the Scenery: Justice will never die! / IT'S MY VICTORY!
- Difficult but Awesome: No built-in evasion; no good healing or survival skill, and he's melee. This makes Ronan one of the hardest characters to use in later dungeons, but his damage output when used right is very high, especially in tandem with his buffing skills.
- Dual Wielding: The weapon on one hand and shield / spells on the other variant.
- Game Breaker / Good Bad Bug: His (level 1) Blast Bomb skill refills his MP. Against large opponents, this allows him to cast this infinitely, in theory. Samsara is a particularly good example of this.
- Don't forget Aegis Knight's level 4 MP special - he summons the Tempest Guardian, and gains a x2 damage multiplier while it is active.
- In the Blood: Kaze'Aze is actually Ronan's ancestor, Karina Erudon, who betrayed Kanavan and started the war with Serdin. She has some extent of influence over Ronan, although this is mainly backstory. This could also be why Ronan has betrayal as such a Berserk Button.
- Jack-of-All-Trades: He's the easiest character to acquire and perhaps the most newbie-friendly of all characters, because he can take on all of the roles in-game well: decent damage, can buff, and has a projectile attack.
- Large Ham: His quotes make him come off as this.
- Magic Knight
- Narm: His English voice contains bucket loads of it.
- Status Buff: Holy Bless, Holy Inferno and Magic Defense
- Summon Magic: Arc Burst, Tempest Slayer and Heaven's Guardian.
- Theme Naming: All of Ronan's job class names have the word Knight in them.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair
Oracle and Dancer from the Xenia Continent. Joins the Chase in the Temple of Origins.Her four jobs are the following: Dancer, Muse, Siren and Sistina / Starlet.Tropes associated with Amy:
- Bare Your Midriff: As Dancer and Siren.
- Dance Battler
- Dojikko: Frequently trips and falls during her special moves.
- Fan Nickname: "Amyzilla" for one of her special moves, where she grows in size, stomps the ground and breathes fire like a miniature Kaiju.
- Game Breaker: Sistina's Action Mode level 1 special move (Jack Knife) is taking to the air on a bicycle and crashing back down. This is perhaps one of the most damaging and spammable moves in PVP.
- Metal Idol / Lasting Lyrics in team battles, to the point where in team games, the resident tank Elesis is frequently shoved aside for Amy because of this buff. Isn't it sad, Elesis?
- Genki Girl
- Girlish Pigtails
- Grievous Harm with a Body: She conjures up a random male character during two of her special moves and either kicks or tosses them away, damaging the opponent.
- Helium Speech: To the point that some of her spoken lines are nigh incomprehensible.
- Hyperspace Arsenal: as Sistina.
- Instrument of Murder: as Muse.
- Jack-of-All-Trades: Amy is surprisingly well-rounded. All of her jobs can double jump, she is rather fast, she doles out passable damage, she buffs allies, and is brilliant defensively with her ranged attacks.
- Kawaiiko: "You KNOW I'm cute!"
- Kick Chick: Some of Amy's first job combo moves and special moves involve kicking the crap out of the opposition.
- Lethal Joke Character: Amy is usually comic relief (not helped by the squeaky voice), but she kicks some SERIOUS ass.
- Make Me Wanna Shout
- More Dakka: as Sistina.
- Rapid-Fire Fisticuffs: Shy Shy Punch!/Her fourth job grab.
- Status Buff: Her various dances provide these. One even revives freshly fallen comrades.
- The Cassandra
- The Chosen One: An Oracle of the Gods of Xenia
- The Pollyanna
Lone surviving member of the Silver Knights. Joined the Chase in their journey through the Silver Land.His four jobs are the following: Fighter, Champion / Shisa, Asura, Emperor / Rama / Deva.
- Action Commands: Burning Destroyer of Heaven
- Crippling Overspecialization: Asura is very, very good in PVP. In dungeons? Not so much.
- Calling Your Attacks
- Fanboy: to Amy
- Kamehame Hadoken: Subjugation of Heaven and Earth, Dragon Squall and Fist of 10k Hells, if not leveled. He can also charge one in Rama's 4th bar.
- Launcher Move: Champion and Asura get a significant increase to their damage potential when juggling enemies.
- Meaningful Name / Theme Naming: (in GCPH) Fighter, Champion, Asura, Deva
- Red-Headed Hero
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Red, to Asin's Blue.
- Religious Bruiser: Silver Land used to be part of Xenia until it broke away. In addition, Jin's attacks or jobs have religious references, most notably Rama, but also Asura.
- Simple Staff: as Asura. He can also throw it for huge hit stun, switching to Fighter while the ability cools down.
- Sphere of Destruction: Fist of 10k Hells, Burning Glow, White Monkey Washing Face, and Subjugation of Heaven and Earth.
- Supernatural Martial Arts
- Unnecessary Combat Roll: To the point when two Jin players fight it out in PVP, anyone watching will probably want them to Get On With It Already.
Legendary Master Gladiator of Kanavan a long time ago and was presumed dead after going to a journey. He was granted Immortality by the Highlander Gods.His four jobs are the following: Gladiator, Warlord, Ares, Prime Knight.
- Action Commands: the Just Frame feature.
- The Berserker
- BFS - Prime Knight's Soluna
- Bifurcated Weapon: as Prime Knight.
- Blade on a Stick: as Warlord
- Coat Over the Shoulder: as Gladiator.
- Difficult but Awesome: as Prime Knight. Getting the hang of timing those Just Frame attacks and mixing them up in your combat style will make you a formidable presence in both PVM and PVP.
- Dual Wielding: Warlord, Ares/Duelist, and Prime Knight... somewhat.
- Embarrassing First Name: Ercnard. Sieghart absolutely hates it.
- Game Breaker: Rather good as a Gladiator, especially with his grabs. Then his Skill Tree came out, which gave him even more speed, even stronger skills, a passive buff to his defense (making him take about 30% less damage than any other character), the ability to heal, block hits like Aegis Knight (avoiding damage altogether), and very high priority on his aerial attacks. Add all those up and you'll see more than half of PVP stuffed with Gladiators. The Imperium Skill update also gave him a four-level MP special that decimates mooks with frightening ease.
- Immortality - Although not in-game, Seighart is immortal, at least of the timeless variety, in the story due to being a Highlander. Kounat's Collapse showed Highlanders can die, however, so he's not completely immortal.
- Implacable Man: Mocking Blade.
- Really 600 Years Old
- Suspiciously Similar Substitute - A male version of Elesis. Even his weapons are similar. [A sword; a Spear; Two Swords and a BFS]
- Sword Beam: Sword Boomerang.
- Too Many Belts: As Prime Knight.
- Unstoppable Rage - Both a gameplay mechanic in his Rage Meter and shown in-story in Kounat's Collapse when Astaroth presses his buttons too hard.
Mari Ming Onette
Last remaining survivor from an ancient kingdom once known as Kounat, searching for her missing memories.Her four jobs are the following: Rune Caster / Ether Tech, Gunslinger, Polaris and La Geas.
- Attack Drone: Her WDW System, which is a summoned weapon for her first two jobs and her default weapon in her fourth job.
- Bare Your Midriff: In her 2nd and 3rd Job.
- Blown Across the Room: Buster
- Drop the Hammer: or Focus Maul as the case may be.
- Idiot Hair: Her basic job Rune Caster shows this one.
- Last of Her Kind: The last remaining survivor from the ancient kingdom Kounat.
- Mark of the Supernatural: Her right eye is blue, while her left eye is red. It's a hint that she's the last remaining survivor from an ancient kingdom.
- Meaningful Name: Mari (Ming) Onette
- The Quiet One: She doesn't talk much.
- Rei Ayanami Expy: Blue hair? Check. Red eye? Check. Mystical origins? Check. Stoic and quiet demeanor? Check.
- Robot Buddy: KORMET.
- Royals Who Actually Do Something: Mari is from the Royal Family of Kounat.
- The Gunslinger: her 2nd job.
- Shock and Awe
- Shy Blue-Haired Girl
- The Stoic
- Sugar and Ice Personality: She's so cold, distant and quiet that she's often mistaken for an emotionless doll incapable of speech. Yet, she can act discreetly nicely for the people who she is interested in or those she likes.
- Throw the Book at Them: Her basic combo as Rune Caster.
- Zettai Ryouiki: Sports some version of it in all of her jobs. Has Grade A with Rune Caster and La Geas, while Gunslinger has it (on one leg).
Dio Von Burning Canyon
Leader of the Burning Canyon clan of Asmodians, Dio is brought to the world of Grand Chase by the dimensional distortions that plague it. He mounts a one-man quest to find and seal these distortions, and grudgingly joins the Chase when he realizes his task will be easier as part of a group.His four jobs are the following: Stygian, Drakar, Leviathan, Diablos/Dusk Bringer
- Blown Across the Room: Faraway
- Game Breaker: For a short period, at least. Dio is the first character that the Korean Version dedicated a whole patch to nerfing, and it was BY FAR the biggest single nerf ever done in the 8-year history of the Korean version of the game. The size of the nerf was to the degree that it was possibly larger than every single other nerf the Korean Version has ever done put together.
- Using a certain tandem of moves in quick sequence will remove the "skill freeze" from the first move cast.
- Hyperspace Arsenal: A sword, a scythe, a spectral hand, a lance, balls of energy, a totem of energy, a spiked coffin, and a sphere filled with drills... and that's just for his first two jobs.
- Life Drain / Mana Drain: Necrotic can do one or both if you upgrade it with the Devil Force passives.
- Not Quite Flight: His sweeping midair attack.
- Sinister Scythe
- Sphere of Destruction: Black Space, Chaotic Spark, and Evil Eddy
- Teleport Spam
- This Is a Drill
- Winged Humanoid / Wings Do Nothing: He stretches his wings during his idle animation and during his Black Space special move. As Drakar, he can use his wings in a limited fashion for a sweeping midair attack, and as Leviathan, his wings can shoot energy bolts as a skill and turn into a drill for one of his special moves.
- Now subverted, as with Diablos, Dio's idle animation gives him various buffs.
- Diablos' Weapon Force has him using his wings a lot more.
- Why Won't You Die?: Life Keep lets him 'store' HP for use when he is killed, resurrecting him.
- You Will Not Evade Me: Tenacious Hold homes in on enemies.
Much of his past is shrouded in mystery. What we do know is that he may be a relic of Kounat, given the Grandark and tasked to wander the world. He runs into the Chase in Xenia and joins forces with them presumably after that.His four jobs so far are the following: Wanderer, Seeker, Banisher/Vanisher, Advancer
- Artificial Human: Possibly a construct of ancient Kounat.
- BFS: The Grandark, to the point where Zero has to change stances to wield it.
- Elemental Powers: His Force projectiles.
- Empathic Weapon: The Grandark
- Eyepatch of Power: More like blindfold, but the thought remains.
- Fighting from the Inside: Zero has to stay strong and focused; else Grandark will consume him and his mind. Vanisher has Zero succumbing to this after meting his adversary; Duel; while Advancer has Zero moving past this weakness and working with Grandark better. This is mostly shown in 'Grandark Possession' mode; and his start/ending quotes; where he asserts he is Zero. Strangely; Grandark's possession seems to be against Grandark's will, as he urges Zero to get stronger so he doesn't consume him.
- Life Drain / Mana Drain: Loss and Orchid.
- Living Weapon: Again, the Grandark
- My Hero Zero: Zero.
- One-Hit Kill: If you reflect damage with Increase:Offense on an instant-kill attack, you will reflect infinite damage and One-Hit Kill the boss. The current highest level boss in the game happens to have a One-Hit Kill attack that can be triggered as well...
- Spikes Of Doom: Bleeding Gash
- Status Buff: He can buff himself depending on his skill selection and his combat stances.
- Stone Wall: When the Grandark is held, Zero is immune to both flinching and knockdown, to the point that he can completely tank an Onrush and escape standing up, but with his HP completely depleted.
- Sword Beam: Grand X and Abyss
Ley von Crimson River
Like Dio, she hails from the same world as he does. His Burning Canyon clan is a rival to her Crimson River clan. Upon learning that Dio joined the Chase, she follows in pursuit and soon joins the Chase to make sure her rival doesn't try anything funny.Her four jobs are the following: Summoner, Darkbringer / Harbringer, Evoker/Darkness Fall, Dark Origin/Empress of Darkness
- Absolute Cleavage
- Awesome Mc Cool Name: Ley von Crimson River.
- Bare Your Midriff
- Battle Butler: Has a personal butler named Jeeves. Jeeves can be summoned to pummel enemies in close range.
- Cute Monster Girl
- The Dev Team Thinks of Everything: When you summon Jeeves out to fight for you and then use a skill like "Jeeves Etiquette" or "Jeeves Power Bomb", those "skill" Jeeves are replaced with an impostor wearing a bag over his head with a crude drawing of Jeeves face. Ley surmises that it might be Alfred, one of Dio's butlers.
- Foe Yay/Friendly Rivalry: With Dio.
- Game Breaker: Although not to the degree Dio was, Ley received a rather substantial nerf shortly after her release. Her combo speed was lowered [Teleporting + a combo which was literally impassable for Melee characters at the speed it was fired] and a nerf to the cooldown of 'Secret Passage', an AoE, instant-cast skill which had the capability to OHKO in PVP with extreme ease.
- Ms. Fanservice
- Power Floats
- Rich Bitch
- The Rival: To Dio.
- Summon Magic
- Teleport Spam: Who walks anymore?
The 14th member of the Chase. He is Lass's half-brother and a bounty hunter who hunts down lost souls who escape from the Underworld.His four jobs are the following: Bounty Hunter, Soul Stalker/Searcher, Executioner/Executor, and Arbiter/Prominence.
- Artificial Limbs: His left arm; which has a faint blue glow most notable in his 3rd job artwork; is actually a prosthetic. He lost his real arm fighting Berkas in the past alone.
- Big Damn Heroes: Rufus saves the Chase from the undead Ringmaster in Nightmare Circus by using his powers to send him to Hell.
- Bounty Hunter: Hunts the souls of those who have evaded or escaped their fate in Hell.
- Dual Wielding: His twin pistol set, Eyeteeth.
- Gatling Good: His fourth job has a minigun, Soul Arbiter.
- Guns Akimbo
- The Gunslinger: Even moreso than Crossbowman!Lire, Gunslinger!Mari and Sistina/Starlet!Amy.
- I Was Just Passing Through: One-shots Ziddler and leaves in the Nightmare Circus event dungeon.
- Knife Nut: As a Soul Stalker.
- Long Lost Sibling: He's one to Lass.
- More Dakka: Thrives on the concept of aiming for enough dakka.
- Sawed-Off Shotgun: Uses one as an Executioner.
- Sibling Rivalry: Has one with Lass.
The 15th member of the Chase. Unlike the previous members, you have to follow a randomized arrow sequence in order to amplify her special skills. From her 2nd job on, you are able to choose in her skill tree if you want to follow the "light" path (following what would be her normal progression as the reincarnation of the goddess Agnesia) or "dark" path due to her being shaken by the destruction of her village, allowing the evil sealed inside her to take over.Her four jobs are the following: Phoenix, Awakened, Chaotic, Chosen
- Action Commands: Her 1st job and all subsequent jobs in her "light" path have those in her skills. If you choose the dark path in her 2nd job, though, they're dropped in favor of...
- Blood Magic: In her "dark" path, Rin can make stalagmites of blood erupt from the ground after her dash attack and even create a barrier entirely made of blood.
- Blow You Away
- Cast from Hit Points: "Dark" Rin can sacrifice HP to buff her attack power for a while.
- Cute Clumsy Girl: In the park during the White Day Candy event, she is shown attempting a Purification multiple times and falling on her knees and sighing each time.
- Dark-Skinned Blonde: White/platinum blonde.
- Game Breaker: Purification.
- Post 2nd job, her new "dark" level 3 skill, Screaming Gust, is even more so . Not only it deals ludicrous amounts of damage, almost on par with her 4th skill, it even recieves a buff in the 3rd job, allowing Rin to become invincible and cause damage after the skill, in a manner similar to Sieghart's Mocking Blade!
- And, of course, we have Rin's 4th skill, Ultrasonic Hymn, which is essentially Ley's Secret Passage Up to Eleven! And unlike the other MP characters, Lin's 4th skill is the same, no matter the job or the path you follow, in a manner similar to the AP characters.
- Paper Fan of Doom
- Shrinking Violet: Her quotes give off this vibe.
- The Power of Friendship: Post 2nd-job "light" Rin is this in a nutshell: the more people are in the party, the stronger she becomes.
- Theme Naming: In Indonesian server, her first to third job named after Lunacy powers (Selene, Luna, Artemis)
- Yin-Yang Bomb: She is both a Sealed Evil in a Can AND a Sealed Good in a Can. In order to keep the Malevolent Horde in check, the goddess Agnesia sacrificed herself sealing them within her body, losing her immortality and starting a cycle of death and rebirth. Rin is her current incarnation. In her 4th job, Chosen, you can even transform into one of those, depending if you are following the light or dark path.
- You Wanna Get Sued?: One white wing and one black wing? Where did I see that before?
The 16th member of the Chase. Asin is the first MP/AP hybrid character, and gets stat bonuses every 20 levels. He is the first character that has been stated to not need any further job changes by Word of God. However, this is no longer standing since he got a new job as Mugen, although this is known as a 'Special Job'.His job is the following: Disciple, Mugen
- Bonus Character - Only available during limited events or cash. The Mugen class is the same, only available during events.
- Supernatural Martial Arts
- Pressure Point: One of his most effective abilities. Hitting one of those greatly reduces an enemy's defense. Use that in a tough boss and the party will eat it for breakfast.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Blue, to Jin's Red.
- The Rival: To Jin
17th member of the Chase, she is the second character that gets all her skills and stat bonuses in one skill tree, and thus does not need any further job changes. However, just like Asin, she got her new job, as Saint. Her play style revolves around buffing allies with her auras (Sound familiar?).Her jobs are the following: Holy Knight / Paladin, Saint
- Battle Ball Gown
- Bonus Character: Like Asin; only available during an event or by cash. Saint is also event-only.
- Cute Bruiser
- Drop the Hammer: Of the BFS variety.
- Exotic Eye Designs: Has a cross shape in her eyes.
- Expy: Her Holy Knight set makes her resemble Saber, while her Evil Knight set makes her resemble Saber Alter.
- The Paladin: Well, duh.
- You Have Researched Breathing: Needs to reach lv.12 to Run.
18th member of the Chase and heiress of the Frost Family, she joins the chase while searching for her dissapeared brother, Adel. Her weapons of choice are a rapier and a flintlock, with the playstyle revolving about quick combos.Her jobs are the following: Captain, Major.
- Authority Equals Asskicking
- Implausible Fencing Powers: Not everyone can use a rapier to deliver a Crescent Moon shaped Sword Beam, not unlike the Genmurei.
- Jump Physics: Screw Double Jump. Edel can Triple Jump!
- Glass Cannon
- Lady of War
- Lightning Bruiser: The most mobile character in the game; hands down, and hits like a truck.
- Royal Rapier
19th character of the game, hailing from Elyos. Unlike the others; Veigas is a Playable Villian, but still follows the same storyline when being played as other characters.His job is the following: Magi
- Ax-Crazy: He murders anyone in his way mercilessly; even if they try to help him, since he doesn't want his existence even known. In the manga/video clips of his backstory; he licks Seighart's blood after nearly beating him to death.
- Beehive Barrier: Dark Barrier
- Cast from Hit Points: An option for him; Veigas can opt to increase the power of his specials slightly at the cost of some of his current HP.
- Empathic Weapon: Deus ex Machina; the cube. Unlike Zero and Grandark; Veigas openly threatens Deus and Deus seems to not get on too well with Veigas either.
- Personof Mass Destruction: Revels in destruction; wants to destroy the world; and openly states that destruction is the meaning of his life. He can also create black holes; has very devastating skills, and his 4 bar is even called 'Judgement Day'.
- Really 700 Years Old: His age is stated as "too old to calculate".
- Red Baron: "The Messenger of Destruction".
- Smug Snake
- Squishy Wizard: He does have a barrier+healng skill, but it's a very small area of effect and his only real defensive tool other than evasion or killing you first.
- The Rival: To Dio. Yes, another one, but unlike Ley's Friendly Rivalry, Veigas is moved by revenge since the Burning Canyon clan wiped out his.
- Villain Protagonist: He's an outright villian out to kill the Chase; but you can still play as him and he follows the same storyline as everyone else; barring that he has to clear Triva, which covers his backstory.
- Unperson: Self-invoked due to the slaughter of his clan. He removes all traces of his existence by killing anyone who sees him.
The 20th character of the game. Uno was unintentionally created by the highlanders slain by Ashtaroth. Upon Ashtaroth's defeat by the chase, the seal placed over the highlander's training grounds was lifted and Uno rose from the pool of blood he was born in and began to roam freely. After sometime roaming, Uno collapsed and was found by a young village girl named Reina. He was comforted and taken care of by the entire village during his stay. But the blood that he was born from gave him an uncontrollable thirst for more. He slayed the entire village, leaving it with nothing but flames. Upon leaving the town, he felt a familar presence in the distance. Taking up wandering once more, Uno headed out to find someone that could possibly help him.His job is the following: Bloodless
- Artificial Human: He was "born" in a pool of blood from warriors that were all killed by Ashtaroth.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Uno takes liking to peace and stability, but encountering him at a bad time may help you realize that his body thinks a bit differently.
- Blood Knight: He's made from blood and uses a blood gauge for his first job skills. Everything about him is blood.
- Blood Magic: EVERYTHING ABOUT HIM IS BLOOD.
- Dark and Troubled Past: A past so dark and troubled that it all started before he was even born.
- Don't Make Me Destroy You: Uno would rather not kill innocent people... again.
- Fighting from the Inside: Despite Uno having a dislike for blood, he instinctively seeks it out, whether he likes it or not.
- I Am What I Am: He's not entirely fond of being a bloodborn.
- I Just Want to Be Normal: He seeks out Sieghart in hopes that he may know a way to help stablize him, or at the very least, tell him why he's alive.
- Weapon of Choice: He uses a sword that is conviently good at helping him absorb blood.
- What Is This Feeling??: Born to only know agony, despair, fear, and bloodthirst, the kindness the village showed him certainly brewed up a few new emotions to Uno.
- With Great Power Comes Great Insanity: If blood flower is any indication (Or perhaps killing an entire village full of people), Uno can get invincible status at the cost of going off the deep end.
- You Are Not Alone: Uno wandered the world alone until he met Reina, whos kindness reached out to him greatly... Until he killed her.
- You Are What You Hate: Uno has a deep self loathing issue due to his blood thirst caused by being a blood born.