open/close all folders
- Practically in every political ad, particularly when the candidate is looking directly into the camera.
Anime and Manga
Film - Live Action
- The movie Charly (an adaptation of Flowers for Algernon) begins with Charly trying and failing to flip his coat over his shoulder in a cool way.
- In Twins (the Arnold Schwarzenegger/Danny Devito film), Danny gets them matching sets of cool white suits. They simultaneously flip their jackets, with Arnold's jacket floating over Danny.
Live Action TV
- Kamen Rider Stronger: Shigeru Jo.
- Booth from Bones has a tendency to do this.
- Castle: Rick Castle has his jacket over his shoulder when Beckett's supervisor tells her that he's going to be helping her on the case in the very first episode. He oozes self-confidence.
- The Mentalist: Jane ALWAYS is wearing the same blue, three piece suit, season after season. But occasionally, he takes off his jacket and carries his coat over his shoulder.
- The X-Files:
- Agent Mulder at least once◊. Though carrying a suit jacket over his shoulder isn't a thing he would do often.
- In "Dreamland I", Kersh's secretary thinks she scored with Agent Mulder, but it was in fact his body switched doppelgänger. When she passes Agent Scully in the hall of Mulder's apartment building, she looks at Scully as if she was saying "I won" and confidently tosses her jacket over her shoulder.
- Jack McCoy was seen to do this periodically on the original Law & Order.
- Persona 3: Akihiko, as pictured.
- Detective Dojima of Persona 4 never wears that coat of his.
- Kanji does this in the The Golden opening animation but wears a Coat Cape in the game and every other cutscene.
- Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth: Jacques Portsman literally rotates from this to wearing the coat.
- The Commissar from the original Dawn of War keeps his coat draped over his shoulders at all time. Particularly jarring in that he was introduced in an expansion called "Winter Assault," where it makes sense for him to actually wear the coat.
- The King of Fighters: King will occasionally remove her jacket and drape it over her shoulder as one of her victory poses.
- The international version of Pokémon Black and White had a variant with Nacrene City gym leader Lenora, who carried her apron that way. (she was wearing it in the Japanese version, but it was feared she'd seem too mammy-like to American players, since she's black. Oddly, though, the original sprite's back in the sequel games.)
- The final shot of Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha A's Portable : The Gears of Destiny, which shows Lord Dearche slinging the coat of her Barrier Jacket over her shoulder and looking all cool while she goes home together with the rest of the Purple Sky Family and the Florian Sisters.