Characters: Futari Wa Pretty Cure Splash Star
This is the character sheet for Futari Wa Pretty Cure Splash Star
open/close all folders
Saki Hyuuga (Cure Bloom/Cure Bright)
Voiced by: Orie Kimoto
- Adorkable: Watch her rambling about plane and cotton candy and say that she's not this. You can't.
- Boyish Short Hair
- Big Ol' Eyebrows: Saki has interestingly drawn eyebrows that make hers look thicker than other characters, both in the series and compared to other characters from the entire franchise. Her eyebrows are quite distracting for many fans; the source of that "I want to lick Not-Nagisa's salty eyebrows" meme.
- Catchphrase: "I'm in top form!"note Looks like she inherits it from her mother.
- Cool Big Sis: In contrast to Nagisa who always argues with her brother Ryota, Saki really loves her little sister Minori. They even share the same bedroom.
- Curtains Match the Window
- Expy: Of Nagisa.
- Genki Girl
- Good Cannot Comprehend Evil: Just like Akudaikahn that can't take the fact he creates life well, Saki just simply can't understand Dark Fall's ideology. Raised in a household that recognizes lives in everything, destroying only for sake of it doesn't sit well to her because for her, life is just too precious.
- Light 'em Up: As Cure Bright.
- Locked Out of the Loop: She's the only one of the two duos that has no idea or has suspicion that Kaoru and Michiru are Dark Fall warriors. But it's because of that, she had no doubt on each other's intentionnote , only seeing her friends as awkward, but kind-hearted people.
- Malaproper: Whenever Shitataare is involved, often with hilarious results.
- She does the same to Karehaan too.
- Meaningful Name: "Saki" comes from the Japanese verb "saku", meaning "to bloom", while "Hyuuga" can be translated as "facing the sun"
- Tomboy to Mai's Girly Girl
Mai Mishou (Cure Egret/Cure Windy)
- Attention Deficit... Ooh, Shiny!: It's not as much as she lacks focus; she has too much focus on things that tickle her fancy, usually her drawings, and it's difficult to distract her out of that. Choppy has to physically shake her out of her trance if that happens.
- Blow You Away: As Cure Windy.
- Curtains Match the Window
- Expy: Of Honoka.
- Forehead of Doom: Her Cure forms.
- Girly Girl to Saki's Tomboy
- Hyper Awareness: This girl practically has a photographic memory and good eyes to notice that two people flying under moonlight hundred meters away are her classmates.
- The Klutz: Not her, but her mother. She's an archaeologist that often has sleep attack in the middle of doing something because she's losing sleep from her work. Mai usually is the one who takes care the brunt damage of her shattered plates and scattered papers.
- Last Name Basis: She calls everyone except Saki and the Kiryuu sisters with (Last name)-san. The only reason she calls Michiru and Kaoru with their given names is because their surname is the same.
- Little Sister Heroine: Subtle, but it's implied that Mai becomes more resposible and well-mannered than her somewhat indecisive older brother because in the past she's an Annoying Younger Sibling. She bonds with Minori because of their shared adoration toward their older sibling and desire to shed said Annoying Younger Sibling stigma for sake of said adoration.
- Meaningful Name: In Japanese "Mishou" is written with the characters for "beauty" and "fly". "Mai" translates to dance, but it can also refer to the fluttering of a bird's wings.
- New Transfer Student: In Episode 1; unique in that she's transferring to come back to her homeland.
- Nice Gal: Soft-spoken, well-mannered, and non-confrontantional. She's loyal to her friends to the point of Can't Spit It Out when she saw Michiru and Kaoru as Dark Fall warriors because she can only see them as friends and unsure whether telling Saki is a right choice for their friendship.
- You Gotta Have Violet Hair
Voiced by: Miyu Matsuki
Moop & Fuup
Voiced by: Taeko Kawata
- Came Back Strong
- The Comically Serious: This guy is almost no-nonsense, except regarding his nickname Karecchi. He allows almost everyone to call him that.
- Enemy Mine: He dislikes Moerumba (mostly because their elements are incompatible and Moerumba rubs him the wrong way), but when it comes to fighting Precure, the combination is simply devastating. The Cures only manage to survive because when victory is almost assured, Karehan and Moerumba start fighting again, forcing Gohyan to retreat them both.
- The Generic Guy: He lacks the personality quirks of the other warriors.
- Green Thumb
- Meaningful Name: "Kareha" means "dead leaves".
Voiced by: Mitsuo Iwata
Michiru and Kaoru Kiryuu
- Artificial Humanoid: Unlike the other members of Dark Fall, who were constructed from their element, Akudaikahn created the Kiryuu sisters whole cloth. This may explain why both of them are a...
- Blank Slate: Much of their development comes from being exposed to the human world, and, of course, friendship.
- Big Damn Heroes: In episode 42, they are reborn and appear in front of Precure to protect them from the also reborn Dorodoron and Karehaan.
- Brutal Honesty: At least at first.
- Convenient Coma/Sealed Good in a Can
- Cool Big Sis: Kaoru is this to Minori.
- Curtains Match the Window
- Creepy Twins
- Dark Magical Girl
- Disney Death: Twice!
- Demoted to Extra: Despite being so important in the series, they only earned a small cameo in Pretty Cure All Stars, while the second upgrades it to around three lines of dialogue.
- Eleventh Hour Superpower
- Emotionless Girl: Kaoru at first. Michiru is friendlier from the beginning, but even she has her moments.
- Empty Eyes: Not as dull of a color as most other examples, but there is a sense of lifelessness in their eyes. It's worse when they fight the Cures, as it makes them look inhuman. The glossy look slowly disappears as they make their Heel-Face Turn bit by bit until the eyes are completely normal-looking at the last few episodes.
- Evil Redhead: Michiru. At first, anyway.
- Forehead of Doom: Kaoru.
- Heel-Face Turn
- Heroic Sacrifice: At the end of the Final Boss Preview against Akudaikahn, they undergo this when they save the Cures by sending them away from Dark Fall. It turns out they didn't die, but were sealed away.
- Licked by the Dog: Minori takes a liking to Kaoru, and calls her Kaoru-oneesan. Kaoru feels ambivalent towards her.
- Meaningful Name: "Kiryuu" is written with the character for "fog" and another character that means "life" or "birth". Michiru means "to be full" as in a full moon, while Kaoru means "fragrance".
- No Body Left Behind: They very nearly become this.
- No Social Skills: Obviously justified, what with their origins and all. They grow out of this.
- Pet the Dog: Saving and sparing Moop and Fuup's lives, Kaoru towards Minori and a minor instance of her helping a snail get back up on a leaf.
- Pure Magic Being: They are made from "the power of destruction", which leads to problems when they turn against Dark Fall - if the power of destruction vanishes, so do they. When they do begin to vanish, they're saved by the spirits of the Earth, and the Power of Friendship.
- Sibling Yin-Yang: Exist in subverted archetypes; Michiru might be the friendlier of the two but she's actually a type B Stepford Smiler who doesn't understand the reason of such novelties, while Kaoru is more prone of Brutal Honesty because she's insightful of her surrounding and doesn't see the point of faking her concern. Then they play it straight; when they face their inevitable fight with the Cures, Michiru quickly despairs and goes into a berserk denial, while Kaoru notices that fighting is not something that they want, makes peace with her contradicting existence and stops her sister.
- Sir Not-Appearing-in-This-Trailer: They only appear briefly in the second ending credits sequence.
- Super Intelligence: At one point they say they can read a school textbook once and remember it all.
- Unperson: Everybody but Saki, Mai and the mascots forget that they ever existed after they disappear.
- Villainous Rescue: Helping Precure in their last fight against Dorodoron by cutting his web that has tied them up.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Kaoru
- Accidental Misnaming: She always gets angry at Saki for getting her name wrong...
- Enemy Mine: The reason why she invokes I Was Just Passing Through, Thinking Out Loud, and open a portal directly into Gooyan's lair; she's so furious that Gooyan is one step away from her by capturing Flappy and Choppy, she decides to help the Cures reclaim their fairies.
- An Ice Person
- Inferiority Superiority Complex: She seems to compete with Kintolesky for the title of Dark Fall's strongest, and being constantly one-upped by both him and the Cures really gets into her skin. Her interaction with the Cures really gets into It's Personal territory because of this reason, with both sides are not only physically clashing but also taunting psychologically and exchanging trash-talk.
- Kick the Dog: Taunting Mai and Saki via reminding them of Kaoru and Michiru's Fate Worse Than Death.
- Lady of War: Ignoring her personality, she's actually a quite graceful fighter. She opts to dodge any attack with twirling motions and redirects physical attacks with her hands, not unlike Cure Egret herself. Most visible in DX 2, when she dodges Prism Chain with a simple twirl before charging at Precure5 team, while Moerumba jumps away from the attack before it connects.
- Laughably Evil
- Making a Splash
- Meaningful Name:"Mizu" means "water" and while "shitataru", means "dripping"
- Minion Shipping: With Kintolesky.
- Noblewoman's Laugh
- Paper-Thin Disguise: Notably happens in almost all her appearances.
- Spell My Name with an "S": That Mizu might be a Ms.
- Voluntary Shapeshifting
Voiced by: Takayuki Godai
Voiced by: Hideo Watanabe
Hours & Minutes
Voiced by: Masami Kikuchi (Hours), Tarako Isono (Minutes)
Voiced by: Susumu Hayami