- Breather Boss: In Super Robot Wars Original Generation Gaiden, compared to Shura King Alkaid Nassh in the previous scenario and the upcoming Final Boss, Duminuss is pathetically easy.
- Draco in Leather Pants: Despite being outright cruel, Tis and her Moe look has enough of a fanbase.
- Funny Moments: The official manga; in particular, one story deals with the segment of the plot from After War Gundam X where the heroes are forced to hand over their Newtype allies, except this time Hayato Jin comes up with a plan that involves sending the Neo Getter Team (and the Robot Buddy of Combattler V and the butler of Daitarn 3) in disguise. The whole thing is priceless, whether it's Gai Daidouji-as-Kamille Bidan cheerfully explaining his appearance by saying "I GOT FAT!", or Gou's impersonation of Amuro Ray (which consists of clutching his head, Wangsting, and spouting lines about Lalah Sune and how he can see time). To say nothing of Four Murasame going Blue with Shock after reuniting with "Kamille"...
- Game-Breaker: See here for details.
- Moe: Despinis; Unfortunate Names aside, she really hits the spot - docile, fragile, painfully shy and can't seem to go a few sentences without apologizing, even as a villain. These abundant character traits might explain why she was Spared by the Adaptation for Original Generation.
- The Scrappy: Of the Excellence's many frames, the one deemed most pointless is the Diver. As the name implies, its primary function is aquatic combat, but given the small amount of scenarios in Reversal where terrain is water-based and it becomes useless and ineffective against every other terrain, there's almost no point in ever using it; even the Striker frame performs moderately well underwater. It comes as no surprise then the frame is Adapted Out for Original Generation.
- Scrappy Mechanic
- Zigzagged - similar to Super Robot Wars Advance, battle animations cannot be skipped; fortunately, they can be turned off.
- In one of the early scenarios for Reversal, the Excellence's frame gets destroyed while Taking the Bullet for Dendoh. The protagonist's team launches another frame from the battleship, allowing him/her to stay in the fight. Players can't do this in the game, and can only change frames during scenarios by heading to a battleship to dock and manually choose which ones to sortie back out as, thereby wasting a turn. This undermines the whole point of a Humongous Mecha having access to multiple frames for multiple situations. Rectified in Original Generation by turning the Excellence into a Transforming Mecha capable of switching its frames as players see fit.
- He's Just Hiding!: She's Just Hiding: In Original Generations, Fiona Gureden delivers some sort of "farewell" death speech to her brother and friends in the prologue scenarios, making it apparent she might be Stuffed into the Fridge (moreso than Lamia Loveless in the "2.5" bonus segments). It took one trailer for Original Generation Gaiden to ruin the suspense, hence the lack of spoilers.
YMMV / Super Robot Wars Reversal