- Cargo Ship: Ozpin and coffee. The Chapter 18 omake in particular."Don't listen to her, Special-Coffee-Chan! She's a rival for Sempai's heart!"
- Hilarious in Hindsight:
- In Chapter 33, Yang pretends that her arms are dysfunctional in order to invoke Romantic Spoonfeeding with Jaune. When they are revealed to be just fine, she claims that her professor must have Healing Hands. Come Volume 5 of RWBY, Jaune's semblance is revealed to be exactly that.
- As the two of them fight Adam, Yang jokingly suggests to Blake that they should use the "lesbian rumors" to further piss their opponent off. This is pretty much how Adam gets ultimately defeated in Volume 6 — his jealousy of Yang's relationship with Blake causes him to lose his cool and leave himself open to a counterattack from the former.
- Jerkass Woobie: Jaune is a borderline example. Considering he is using a national tragedy to con his way to a job, and keeps lying for his own gain, it would be easy to hate him. But the guilt he feels for deceiving people (especially as he starts to consider them his friends) and the moments when he thinks his cover is about to blown make you feel sorry for him.
- Moral Event Horizon: The SDC sicced the Atlas military on Faunus protestors and branded a thirteen year old Adam simply for being there.
- Nightmare Fuel:
- In Misenwood, Neo gleefully forces a man to kill himself, doing it slow enough for him to beg for his life while she sadistically laughs.
- According to Cinder, and later confirmed by Oobleck, not everyone still in the tunnels to Mountain Glenn died when it collapsed. Some were trapped in there, waiting for either their injuries, the Grimm, or asphyxiation to kill them.
YMMV / Professor Arc