Tiffany and Corey is a gag-per-day webcomic by Max West that launched on June 13, 2017 and is updated twice a week on Tuesday and Friday.
Emphasizing humor, the webcomic is a series of gag cartoons starring Tiffany, a beautiful brunette woman in a low-cut red dress, and Corey, a little boy. A third character, a blonde woman named Alessandra, was added on November 14, 2017. Corey got a pet, a cat named Pepperoni, on April 3, 2018. These four are the main characters with the latter two being more of a supporting role.
The series relies on a mix of puns, sight gags and observational humor. Most entries are single-panel cartoons done in black & white but occasional color cartoons and multi-panel comics are featured.
Read it here.
This webcomic contains examples of the following tropes:
- Armless Biped: A few appear, depicted as aliens from outer space.
- Attack of the Monster Appendage: Played for Laughs with Type 1; some tentacles show up in a bathtub while Corey is taking a bath.
- Baseball Episode: A few cartoons have the two title characters on a baseball field.
- Bears Are Bad News: Definitely the case when Corey encounters one.
- By the Lights of Their Eyes: Shown in one cartoon where several eyes in the dark look at Tiffany at she turns on a light.
- The Cameo: Tiffany and Corey can be seen in a few Picpak Dog strips.
- Cute Kitten: Corey's cat, Pepperoni
- Deadpan Snarker: Both Tiffany and Corey are this.
- Duct Tape for Everything: Played For Laughs when Corey uses duct tape to gag Tiffany and comments that duct tape does fix anything.
- Easily Thwarted Alien Invasion: Parodied when the invading aliens find out their true size compared to the Earth people.
- The End Is Nigh: Corey encounters one of these.
- Explosive Cigar: Played straight here complete with Tiffany having an Ash Face.
- Gag Series: Exclusively focused on humor
- Grave Humor: Happened at least once with the characters encountering a humorous epitath.
- Hazmat Suit: Corey wears one when bringing a sick Tiffany her medicine.
- Huge Guy, Tiny Girl: Parodied here where Tiffany dates a giant who says he lives up a beanstalk.
- Meaningful Name: Pepperoni got his name when he ate a leftover pepperoni pizza according to Word of God.
- Minimalist Cast: Only two characters, Tiffany and Corey, are featured regularly with a third supporting character, Alessandra, sometimes. Extras appear as needed but that's pretty much it.
- Ms. Fanservice: Tiffany; she has an hourglass figure and wears dresses showing off cleavage.
- Name and Name: The title obviously.
- Named After Someone Famous: According to the comic's site, Tiffany was named after The '80s pop singer of the same name. Corey was named after Corey Haim and Corey Feldman.
- Paper-Thin Disguise: One cartoon has Corey wearing a hat, glasses and fake mustache while raiding the cookie jar. Tiffany isn't fooled.
- The Pen Is Mightier: A humorous example where Tiffany squirts ink from a fountain pen at a store clerk.
- Retraux: The style resembles newspaper comic strips and, to a lesser extent, magazine gag cartoons as opposed to the more digitally drawn webcomics nowadays.
- Slapstick Knows No Gender: Tiffany is on the receiving end of physical comedy, be it an Explosive Cigar or her face covered in popped bubble gum.
- Soap Punishment: Happens to Corey in this cartoon.
- Sunglasses at Night: Alessandra is always shown wearing sunglasses over her eyes.
- Sweetie Graffiti: Lampshaded when Tiffany encounters graffiti on a tree and asks who takes a knife on a date.
- Taps: Corey plays Taps on a bugle as Tiffany is about to go to sleep. Unfortunately, it jolts her back awake.
- Tiny Guy, Huge Girl: Tiffany is huge and Corey is tiny. Justified as Corey is just a little boy and Tiffany is a grown woman.