iDubbbzTV is a YouTube channel run by Ian Carter, known for its mix of Take That!, Surreal Humor, Crossing the Line Twice and copious amounts of Squick. Ian is well known for his Content Cop series, where he reviews certain YouTube channels and essentially analyzes and tears them apart in a very thorough and hilarious way.
Besides Content Cop, he also does different shows, including but not limited to:
- Kickstarter Crap, picking apart Kickstarter campaigns that embody Sturgeon's Law
- Where are they NOW?, where he takes a look at a project in a previous Kickstarter Crap episode, orders the product to see how it turned out, and finds out what happened to the creators.
- Bad Unboxings, where he opens up bizarre fan mail he has received
The channel is also part of the "Shrimpson Boys", a supergroup of YouTube channels that also includes Filthy Frank, MaxMoeFoe, HowToBasic, and Dolan Dark and engages in various oft-dangerous activities on each other's channels.
You can find his channel right here. (Warning: Some of his videos are NSFW.)
Ian also hosts two secondary channels. The first is called iDubbbzTV2, and is mainly meant for extra material from the primary channel, though it does also host the Save the Squirrels Initiative series. The second is called iDubbbzgames and is exactly what it sounds like. Any tropes relating to these channels should be posted here.
Tropes about iDubbbzTV:
- Absurdly Spacious Sewer: Has done several skits inside of a large storm drain, like doing a food review on pickles, hunting and eating pickles stuck in the walls, and fighting "Keemstar" in a pile of popcorn and blood.
- Added Alliterative Appeal: Ian is a big fan of alliteration.
Ian: Thank you so much for watching everyone, and remember to tune in next time when i flounder in flatulence.
- Most of his series are alliterated. Kickstarter Crap, Content Cop and (kind of) Bad Unboxing.
- In his earlier videos he had a Running Gag of ending them with and ad-libbed alliteration.
- Appropriated Appellation: The Fan Community Nickname "Niggerfaggots" comes from an angry video a YouTuber addressed to him for outing their Kickstarter project as a fraud on Kickstarter Crap.
- Broken Pedestal: Some fans felt this when his girlfriend Anisa Jomha started an Only Fans account (a website on which users can post nude/lewd photos of themselves); some fans called him a "simp" or a "cuck," mostly joking, but some were serious. Matters were made worse when Ian made a video responding to the criticism, which was not particularly well-received among fans either.
- Catchphrase: He's said "What are you, fucking gay?" on multiple occasions. Usually on his "Content Cop" videos.
- Country Matters: He says this word a lot, which isn't too strange considering he's friends with a bunch of Australians and flies over there to film, specifically Western Australia. He also uses it in his Content Cop of Tana Mongeau as an example of a word that initially sounds awful but loses its meaning and impact over time through desensitization.
- Fan Hater: Not usually, but his Content Cop on Jinx dips into this, as he blames the man's fans for supporting his content just as much as he blames Jinx himself. It culminates in the caption "If you like this, jump off a bridge" plastered onscreen as Ian struggles to get through Jinx's "Rihanna Interview." However, considering how utterly terrible and cringeworthy said video is, it's hard to find Ian at fault here.
- Gasshole: He burps a lot.
- Mêlée à Trois: How the huge "Youtube drama" between himself, Keemstar and Leafy turned out, helped because Ian successfully pit the two against one another and humiliated them both in the process.
- Nausea Fuel: In-Universe example. He wouldn't eat a lollipop with a scorpion in it, and he vomits after smelling Surstromming.
- N-Word Privileges: He averts this, and while he'll bring up other YouTubers doing the same on Content Cop, he won't judge them for that... unless, as with the case of Tana Mongeau, they also judge him over it first.
- Ooh, Me Accent's Slipping: His biological Southern drawl slips out at times.
- Orphaned Series: what's in the box was cancelled after two episodes when it was presumably meant to have twelve.
- To date, there is only one episode of Kickstarter Cool. But since it's essentially the exact same thing as Kickstarter Crap and almost entirely meant as a joke, it's probably intentional.
- Running Gag: Several throughout his shows:
- Ian burping and having the video focus on the burp at any time, though this one's tied to a medical condition of his.
- His "foreign" accent, aside from being used when he wants to act like a foreigner, it's also used mockingly when he predicts and answers an argument the viewers might have while watching.
- The smell of potpourri overpowers the scent of the coyote urine!
- This Is Gonna Suck: In the video Coolest Cooler - Where are they NOW?, Ian is... Unenthused to view his older videos.Current Ian: Now we're gonna watch my video and see if my criticisms hold up to the test of time.Old Ian: Hello everybody-Current Ian: Fuck.
- What the Hell Is That Accent?: His "foreign" accent, which sounds like a mix of multiple European languages combined into an extremely odd mess, not to mention the fact that he has used the accent to imitate people from Egypt to central Europe.