TOMICA Thomas & Friends is a parody series of Thomas the Tank Engine by DieselD199 on YouTube. It follows the same general idea, but with in-jokes, parental bonuses and themes that wouldn't be present in the original show. It was originally made with Tomy toys, but like the show, has since gone CGI.
TOMICA Thomas & Friends provides examples of:
- Abhorrent Admirer: Toad likes Oliver so much that it's seen as pathetic. Some of the things that Oliver's said to him include:Oliver: Toad. Shut up.
Oliver: Are you kidding me? Toad's a worse name than Duck.
Oliver: Oh my god, Toad, you are so annoying!
- Adaptational Personality Change: Thomas becomes a Jerkass and sometimes a Jerk with a Heart of Jerk, Edward is a borderline pervert a la Herbert, Henry and Molly Took a Level in Dumbass, Percy is gay, Toby also becomes a Jerkass and Duck hates diesels and gets possessed.
- Affectionate Parody: Of Thomas the Tank Engine.
- Ambiguously Gay: Toad is very close to Oliver. The engine, however...[after being asked about Valentine's Day]
Oliver: I wish I could, but I'm going to be [sigh], Toad's Valentine.
Toad: Oh, it's going to be so romantic, Mr Oliver.
Oliver: OH MY GOD, Toad, you are so annoying!
- Big Eater: The Fat Controller once nearly ruined Christmas thanks to his large appetite. He also once sent out Thomas to do, as the engine said himself, "his food shopping".
- Blatant Lies: In short 3, Thomas vehemently denies violently murdering the Fat Controller over a donut, despite it being proved by video evidence on YouTube and Thomas himself saying so.
- Buffy Speak: "Attack of the Wooden Box on Wheels"
- The Cameo: The Slender Engine appears in occasional background shots; most often when it's mentioned offhand.
- Camp: Percy comes off as this. He has a very high-pitched voice, is quite close to Thomas and wants to be Miley Cyrus for Halloween. Not helped by the fact that he's actually Camp Gay.
- Curse Cut Short: Peter Sam barely has enough time to say motherfucker before the trucks barrel into him in short 38.
- Dirty Old Man: Edward. His price for excorcising Duck in short 32? Percy.
- Disproportionate Retribution:
- Thomas blows up Toby's shed because he is bored.
- He also kills the Fat Controller because he ate the last donut.
- A Dog Named "Dog": Lampshaded in short 24, when the Fat Controller first hears Diesel's name:The Fat Controller: Well, that's bloody original, that is.
- Dwindling Party: In short 37, the Slender Engine takes out engines during the night, starting with Henry, until only Thomas and Percy are the ones left.
- Early Installment Weirdness: The first two shorts are the only videos to be age-restricted due to excessive cursing. A lot of the older videos also had a lot of humor intended for older audiences. DieselD199 would later go back and remake the first short in his current style.
- Eldritch Abomination: The Slender Engine. It's a jet black steam engine with a blank face, and is implied to have supernatural powers. Then it gets possessed.
- Frickin' Laser Beams: The giant Thomas from Henry's dream in short 35 can shoot lasers from its eyes.
- Insane Troll Logic: Thomas thinks that he is invincible because he is the title character.
- Insistent Terminology: It's not a lobotomy, it's 'sensitivity training'.
- Irony: Thomas is disgusted by 'Cheap merchandising!' in short 35, despite the fact that he's also a toy.
- Jerkass: Thomas, surprisingly.
- Jump Scare: Whenever the Slender Engine is seen, this is inevitable, which makes sense considering its inspiration.
- Larynx Dissonance: Diesel D 199's portrayal of Emily.
- Leaning on the Fourth Wall:
- From short 17:James: Haven't you ever read the opening credits?
- From short 38:Trucks: It made more sense in the The Railway Series.
- From short 17:
- Negative Continuity: The Fat Controller is brutally murdered by Thomas in short 5, only for him to reappear alive and well a few shorts later. Knapford Station has also been destroyed twice only to be completely rebuilt in the next episode.
- Noodle Incident:
- Toby turns out to be able to exorcise farm animals.
- Thomas can somehow buy uranium off eBay.
- No Periods, Period: Played with in short 5:James: Maybe it's his time of the month.
- Running Gag: Several.
- Oliver telling Toad to shut up.
- How Duck has a stupid name for an engine.
- Thomas repeatedly referring to his status as title character and how he is thus invincible.
- Saving Christmas: Henry, Gordon and James try to stop the Fat Controller from eating all the cookies and milk.
- Scare Chord: Always accompanies the Slender Engine's Jump Scare.
- The Slender Engine is an obvious reference to the Slenderman creepypasta.
- For Halloween, Henry, Gordon and James once dressed up as the Avengers.
- The Stoner: Henry is implied to be this after his 'special coal' makes Gordon and James high.
- Stuff Blowing Up: Knapford Station has been blown up twice, Bill and Ben once blew up the Express by accident, and Thomas has destroyed Toby's shed because he was bored.
- Take That!: A number of shorts poke fun at recent events on the show. Short 47 is particularly vicious.