TOMICA Thomas & Friends is a parody series of Thomas the Tank Engine by DieselD199 on YouTube. It follows the same general idea, but with in-jokes, parental bonuses and themes that wouldn't be present in the original show. It was originally made with Tomy toys, but like the show, has since gone CGI.
TOMICA Thomas & Friends provides examples of:
- Abhorrent Admirer: Toad likes Oliver so much that it's seen as pathetic. Some of the things that Oliver's said to him include:Oliver: Toad. Shut up.
Oliver: Are you kidding me? Toad's a worse name than Duck.
Oliver: Oh my god, Toad, you are so annoying!
- Adaptational Personality Change: Thomas becomes a Jerkass and sometimes a Jerk with a Heart of Jerk, Edward is a borderline pervert a la Herbert, Henry and Molly Took a Level in Dumbass, Percy is gay, Toby also becomes a Jerkass and Duck hates diesels and gets possessed.
- Affectionate Parody: Of Thomas the Tank Engine.
- Ambiguously Gay: Toad is very close to Oliver. The engine, however...[after being asked about Valentine's Day]
Oliver: I wish I could, but I'm going to be [sigh], Toad's Valentine.
Toad: Oh, it's going to be so romantic, Mr Oliver.
Oliver: OH MY GOD, Toad, you are so annoying!
- Bad Dreams: In short 35, the main characters have bad dreams pertaining to their personalities. Thomas dreams that he's part of the Wooden Railway range ('Cheap merchandising!'), Percy dreams that the entire island is empty except for him and Edward, Gordon dreams that he is a tank engine, Henry dreams that Knapford gets destroyed by a giant Thomas with laser eyes, and James dreams that he has to shunt trucks.
- Big Eater: The Fat Controller once nearly ruined Christmas thanks to his large appetite. He also once sent out Thomas to do, as the engine said himself, "his food shopping".
- Blatant Lies: In short 3, Thomas vehemently denies violently murdering the Fat Controller over a donut, despite it being proved by video evidence on YouTube and Thomas himself saying so.
- Buffy Speak: "Attack of the Wooden Box on Wheels"
- The Cameo: The Slender Engine appears in occasional background shots; most often when it's mentioned offhand.
- Camp: Percy comes off as this. He has a very high-pitched voice, is quite close to Thomas and wants to be Miley Cyrus for Halloween. Not helped by the fact that he's actually Camp Gay.
- Curse Cut Short: Peter Sam barely has enough time to say motherfucker before the trucks barrel into him in short 38.
- Dirty Old Man: Edward. His price for excorcising Duck in short 32? Percy.
- Disproportionate Retribution:
- Thomas blows up Toby's shed because he is bored.
- He also kills the Fat Controller because he ate the last donut.
- A Dog Named "Dog": Lampshaded in short 24, when the Fat Controller first hears Diesel's name:The Fat Controller: Well, that's bloody original, that is.
- Dwindling Party: In short 37, the Slender Engine takes out engines during the night, starting with Henry, until only Thomas and Percy are the ones left.
- Eldritch Abomination: The Slender Engine. It's a jet black steam engine with a blank face, and is implied to have supernatural powers. Then it gets possessed.
- Frickin' Laser Beams: The giant Thomas from Henry's dream in short 35 can shoot lasers from its eyes.
- Insane Troll Logic: Thomas thinks that he is invincible because he is the title character.
- Insistent Terminology: It's not a lobotomy, it's 'sensitivity training'.
- Irony: Thomas is disgusted by 'Cheap merchandising!' in short 35, despite the fact that he's also a toy.
- Jerkass: Thomas, surprisingly.
- Jump Scare: Whenever the Slender Engine is seen, this is inevitable, which makes sense considering its inspiration.
- Larynx Dissonance: Diesel D 199's portrayal of Emily.
- Leaning on the Fourth Wall:
- From short 17:James: Haven't you ever read the opening credits?
- From short 38:Trucks: It made more sense in the The Railway Series.
- From short 17:
- Negative Continuity: The Fat Controller is brutally murdered by Thomas in short 5, only for him to reappear alive and well a few shorts later. Knapford Station has also been destroyed twice only to be completely rebuilt in the next episode.
- Noodle Incident:
- Toby turns out to be able to exorcise farm animals.
- Thomas can somehow buy uranium off eBay.
- No Periods, Period: Played with in short 5:James: Maybe it's his time of the month.
- Running Gag: Several.
- Oliver telling Toad to shut up.
- How Duck has a stupid name for an engine.
- Thomas repeatedly referring to his status as title character and how he is thus invincible.
- Saving Christmas: Henry, Gordon and James try to stop the Fat Controller from eating all the cookies and milk.
- Scare Chord: Always accompanies the Slender Engine's Jump Scare.
- The Slender Engine is an obvious reference to the Slenderman creepypasta.
- For Halloween, Henry, Gordon and James once dressed up as the Avengers.
- The Stoner: Henry is implied to be this after his 'special coal' makes Gordon and James high.
- Stuff Blowing Up: Knapford Station has been blown up twice, Bill and Ben once blew up the Express by accident, and Thomas has destroyed Toby's shed because he was bored.
- Take That!: A number of shorts poke fun at recent events on the show. Short 47 is particularly vicious.