Toon Sandwich is an animated web series on Youtube created by ArtSpear Entertainment featuring parodies of upcoming film trailers.
This page Needs a Better Description.
Toon Sandwich provides examples of:
- Always Identical Twins: Barry Allen and his twin brother who was never blessed with superhuman speed, Barry Allen.
- Anachronism Stew: Belle owns a smartphone and expects a fancy castle to have Netflix in the 18th century.
- Art Shift: The animation improves considerably starting from the trailer spoof of Doctor Strange (2016), and all the cartoon characters began having five fingers each from then on.
- A Date with Rosie Palms:
Hank: "Scott, I've been watching you for a while now... or should I call you, Mr. I-don't-wash-my-hands-after-masturbating?"
- Referenced in the Trailer Spoof for the first Ant-Man:
Kyle: (to John) "Sir, let me go back in time to save her. I've been studying her photo for five minutes every night so I know exactly what she looks like."
- Also invoked in the spoof for Terminator Genisys, when Kyle Reese volunteers to be sent back in time to protect Sarah Connor.
—> (shows a picture of Sarah Connor in lingerie)
- Bizarre Alien Biology: Kryptonian men can give birth.
- Embarrassing Nickname: Thanos was known as "The Anus" in his childhood.
- Freeze-Frame Bonus : Several videos have these:
- In their very first trailer spoof, for Jurassic World, pause when the video shows the Heart Rate Monitor for the various security officers. The screen shows their surnames: Deitrich, Hicks, Hudson, Drake, Apone...
- In the spoof for The Force Awakens, a X-Wing pilot's helmet briefly changes into Ant-Man's helmet.
- Take a close look at the quick shot of the Spectre ring from the Spectre trailer spoof. The Unreadable Disclaimer states: "Redeem this ring at your next SPECTRE meeting to receive a free large soda."
- The Rogue One Trailer spoof have the words THX1138 showing up on a dark screen moments before the end credits.
- Spidey swings below a helicopter in the last few seconds of Captain America: Civil War's first trailer spoof.
- In the second trailer spoof for Captain America: Civil War, pause when Tony Stark shouts "RHODES!!!"... and see the GPS map littered with superhero names and references (Scott Lane, Romanoff-Ramp, Vulve Arena, just for starters...)
- Also, a Deadpool cameo in the ending. He's on a skateboard.
- Had the Silly Thing in Reverse :
- Kylo Ren: Dark Side and Proud ends with Kylo accidentally impaling himself with his crossguard sabre.
- In their compilation spoof for 2019 movies, the Terminator: Dark Fate part had Sarah Connor firing a rocket launcher backwards and blowing up her own transport.
- Half-Human Hybrid: Saw Gerrera is the lovechild of his mother and a GNK droid.
- How Many Fingers?: Christine Palmer appears to hold up 37 fingers to a delirious Doctor Strange.
- I'm a Humanitarian: The Beast has "a propensity for eating young girls".
- Interspecies Romance:
- Literal Metaphor: When an acid-tripping Mr. White sees James Bond as "a kite dancing in a hurricane".
- Man of a Thousand Voices : Up to Eleven - Joe Bauer and Rita Artmann voiced ALL the characters in the series, all by themselves.
- Mondegreen: Bruce Wayne mistakes "age of heroes" for "age of churros" in the Justice League spoof.
- No Pronunciation Guide: Tony Stark tries to guess how Thanos' name is pronounced before guessing "The Anus".
- Poor Communication Kills: Happens in the Thor: Ragnarok spoof, where Barry's strong accent results in the Valkyries riding on flying horses instead of flying saucers.Valkyrie: Augh, that would've worked!
- Roger Rabbit Effect: Toon Sandwich Life.
- Song Parody: "Jurassic World" The Disney Song! is about Owen Grady and Claire Dearing singing a parody of "A Whole New World".
- Stealth Pun: Enchantress wears a moon on her head in the Suicide Squad (2016) spoof.
- Torso with a View: In the trailor spoof for Batman Vs Superman Dawn Of Justice, Superman uses his Eye Beams to carve a heart-shaped hole into Joker's chest.