Andy and his sister are out gathering things when their uncle informs them that the evil Dr. Teklov is building a secret weapon in his space fortress. Not standing for this, Andy sets out to stop him, fighting his minions along the way.
Venture Kid contains examples of:
- Big Bad: Dr. Teklov, a Mad Scientist building a secret weapon on board his space fortress. He is the main villain of the game
- Double Jump: One of the power-ups you can buy allows Andy to perform this.
- Four Eyes, Zero Soul: Dr. Teklov's eyeglasses obscure his eyes, and he's the Big Bad of the game.
- Giant Spider: One of the enemy types Andy faces is blue spiders bigger than Andy.
- The Grim Reaper: One of the Boss Battles is against one.
- Kid Hero: Andy, obviously.
- Killer Gorilla: One of the bosses Andy faces is a giant gorilla with rather long arms.
- Multiple Endings: The game has a regular ending, and a True Ending that can be unlocked by collecting all eight treasures in each level.
- Retraux: The game is clearly based on the 8-bit Classic Mega Man games.
- Side View: How the game's viewed.
- Sinister Scythe: The Grim Reaper Boss Battle wields a scythe against Andy.