Extremely Irish Grammar Nazi who tries to be as benign as possible. Because of a combination of his accent and a tendency to slur his words, is a living, breathing unintelligible. This may be connected.
Fan of reading, SF in particular.
Myers-Briggs personality: INTJ.
Devotes the bulk of his wiki time to correcting spelling mistakes. Worries that relying on spellcheckers (programmed by fallible humans, remember) to check your spelling and grammar (especially grammar) will irreversibly degrade English. Phonetic spelling is bad enough. Recite the creed of the Grammar Nazi:
- In brightest day, in blackest night,
No error shall escape our sight!
Those who trust a spellchecker shite,
Heed our power — the Grammar Nazi is right!
Also worries that overexposure to this site is changing his writing style for the worse warping his enjoyment of series to the point of insanity. But it's also turned him on to:
- Dr Mc Ninja
- Irresponsible Captain Tylor
- El Goonish Shive
- and Sailor Nothing,so he's even.
Spends far too much time on this site, and is currently mastering Bizarre and Improbable Giraffe-Herding Techniques. Likes Shōnen anime, children's animation and manga more than is entirely healthy for a 32-year old man. See below.
This troper provides examples of:
- Attention Deficit... Ooh, Shiny!
- Blithe Spirit (at least on the surface)
- Broken Bird
- Covert Pervert
- Character Development (Through positive thinking, meditation, confidence training and kung-fu lessons to reduce his Wangst levels. The voice training and shyness around women is next)
- Chivalrous Pervert
- Deadpan Snarker
- Entry Pimp (ADOM, Manga, any of the series contributed to below, adding "in the Manga" to anime series entries)
- Grammar Nazi
- Multiple Reference Pun
- Older Than They Look
- Perpetual Frowner (because tropes are Serious Business ;-) )
- Serial Tweaker
- The Shepherd
- The Short Guy with Glasses
- Wannabe ‹bermensch
- The Unintelligible (you have no idea how frustrating this is to a Deadpan Snarker)
Populated and Entry Pimped:
- A Boy And His Dog
- Ancient Domains Of Mystery
- Apothecarius Argentum
- Banana No Nana
- Change 123
- Double Arts
- The Kurosagi Corpse Delivery Service
- Red Meat
- Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
- Toshiue no Hito
Will populate Real Soon Now: Populated by someone else:
- Black Spot
- Extended Disarming
- Funbag Airbag
- Harsh Word Impact
- Limp and Livid
- Regional Speciality
- Stick-Figure Comic
- Try Everything
- Turn Off the Camera
Simultaneously suggested alongside someone else's trope on YKTTW:
- Say It with Hearts / Heart Stop
Has contributed to:
Has added bits to:
- Boisterous Bruiser It's The Toblerone! Frigging renamers.
- Censor Steam
- Chunky Updraft
- Creepy Child
- Faceless Masses
- Fetish Fuel
- Hello, Nurse!
- Ineffectual Loner
- Invisible Walls (gone,sadly)
- Magnificent Bastard
- Rhymes on a Dime
- Sparkling Stream of Tears
- The Smurfette Principle
- Troper Tales
- Xanatos Gambit
- Your skills at archive-binging are impressive and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter. - Nat The Writer
- Hi Ack! Back when Kimi Ni Todoke was airing you were my favorite poster in the thread. You brighten up the fora when you're around. =D -Sporkaganza
- Behold Ack Sed, Lord of the Binge and co-enabler to my Negima fanfic addiction. - T-bone61
- Godot Was Here.
- Woohoo, science fiction! Keep up the good work, soldier, on your quest to purge those spelling errors. —blamspam
- Your avatar scares me. But I hope you don't mind if I plagiarise your Grammar Nazi creed. - Balrog1911
- Nitramy was here. ;)