- Billing Displacement: The posters for the film ran with the bridesmaids theme, depicting all five of them (plus the bride) which was why Chris O'Dowd (Officer Rhodes) doesn't appear, despite playing a more important character than Wendi McLendon-Covey (Rita) or Ellie Kemper (Becca).
- Orphaned Reference: More like an aborted Brick Joke; during Annie's meltdown at the bridal shower, she sarcastically asks if Lilian and Helen are going to ride around Paris on bikes with baguettes in the front baskets. A deleted scene found on the DVD and Blu-ray release shows a mortified Annie watching an online video them doing just that.
- Fake American / Fake Brit: Australians Rose Byrne and Rebel Wilson play an American and a Brit respectively. Averted with Irishman Chris O'Dowd.
- Name's the Same: The name of Lillian's husband-to-be is Doug(ie), like the groom in the first Hangover movie.
- Reality Subtext: This was Jill Clayburgh's (Annie's mom) last film, as she was secretly fighting leukemia.
- Real-Life Relative: Ben Falcone, who plays Air Marshall Jon, is married to Melissa McCarthy (Megan.)
- Retroactive Recognition: For Rebel Wilson.
- Star-Making Role: While Melissa McCarthy isn't that unknown, she was primarily a television actress before this movie. Her film career and star status skyrocketed after this and hasn't stopped since.
- Rose Byrne gained a lot more attention after appearing in this and broke into increasingly bigger pictures.
- What Could Have Been: Melissa McCarthy based her character after Guy Fieri and was able to wear many costume pieces that referenced him, but she wanted to physically transform into him, all the way down to his hair.
Trivia / Bridesmaids