- Crazy Awesome: Megan.
- Ensemble Dark Horse: Megan. Melissa McCarthy was nominated for an Oscar for Best Supporting Actress for a reason.
- Fridge Brilliance: Megan thinks the guy beside her on the plane is an air marshal. How would she know? She mentions later in the film that she has top-level security clearance, so it's likely she's seen his name/face on a list of air marshals or something, because he is one.
- Girl-Show Ghetto: General consensus is that this was averted.
- Harsher in Hindsight: Imagine how Bill Cosby must be feeling post-2014.
- Jerkass Woobie: Annie. Like most cases of this, she suffers enough to elicit sympathy but her suffering is self-inflicted by her jerkass behaviour. Plenty of her suffering could be avoided or at least downplayed if she took more responsibility for her own actions and didn't have quite as much of a victim complex, which makes it that much more heartwarming when she does.
- Moe: Becca. But seeing as she's played by Ellie Kemper, this should be expected.
- One-Scene Wonder:
- Lillian's dad is in both of his scenes.
- Annie's Crazy Awesome mother as well.
- Annie's roomates count as well.
- Signature Scene: The food poisoning scene was one of the most talked-about scenes all year.
- Squick: The scene in the bridal shop.
- Also Megan and Air Marshal John's sex scene.
- Unintentionally Unsympathetic:
- Helen's reveal of her own problems and insecurities to make the audience see she isn't the Alpha Bitch Annie sees her as can fall flat when one looks back at the rest of the film and realizes how often she's gone out of her way to upstage and embarrass Annie. May be partly intentional, as just like Annie, Helen has her own problems and doesn't always handle them the best way.
- Though it was wrong of Annie to cut off Rhodes the way she did, the way he constantly pushes the bakery issue and even buys a bunch of baking-related equipment even though it's clearly a sore spot for her makes him look really insensitive. Sure, he meant well, but he won't let the subject drop even when Annie clearly says she doesn't want to talk about it. While their relationship up until this point has been fairly adorable, in reality they've had only a few conversations and had sex once he's not exactly in a position to dig up her skeletons and give her life advice.
- Lillian for being mean to Annie comes under this. She's obviously got a lot on her plate with her wedding coming up, but her friend is obviously going through a rough patch in her life, and Lillian being angry with her can come off as her just being upset that Annie is disrupting her plans.
YMMV / Bridesmaids