Katherine Marie Heigl (born November 24, 1978 in Washington, D.C.) is an American actress, film producer, and fashion model.
She started her career when she was 9 years old, doing advertising as a child model. She began studying acting and made her film debut in 1992 in That Night. In 1999 she landed the role of Isabel Evans on Roswell, for which she received a nomination for a Saturn Award, but ended up losing to Jeri Ryan.
In 2005 she landed her most famous role, as surgical intern Dr. Izzie Stevens on the medical drama Grey's Anatomy, and her performance earned her numerous awards and nominations, including an Emmy Award for "Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series".
In 2007 she married pop singer Josh Kelley, with whom she has one son and two daughters.
- That Night (1992) as Kathryn
- King of the Hill (1993) as Christina Sebastian
- My Father the Hero (1994) as Nicole Arnel
- Under Siege 2: Dark Territory (1995) as Sarah Ryback
- Wish Upon a Star (1996) as Alexia Wheaton
- Prince Valiant (1997) as Princess Ilene
- Stand Ins (1997) as Taffy
- Bug Buster (1998) as Shannon Griffin
- Bride of Chucky (1998) as Jade Kincaid
- The Tempest (1998) as Miranda Prosper
- 100 Girls (2000) as Arlene
- Valentine (2001) as Shelley Fisher
- Critical Assembly (2003) as Aizy Hayward
- Love Comes Softly (2003) as Marty Claridge
- Evil Never Dies (2003) as Eve
- Descendant (2003) as Ann Hedgerow / Emily Hedgerow
- Wuthering Heights (2003) as Isabel Linton
- Vegas Dick (2003) as Madeline
- Loves Enduring Promise (2004) as Marty Claridge Davis
- Romy and Michele: In the Beginning (2005) as Romy White
- Side Effects (2005) as Karly Hert
- The Ringer (2005) as Lynn Sheridan
- Zyzzyx Road (2006) as Marissa
- Caffeine (2006) as Laura
- Knocked Up (2007) as Allison Scott
- 27 Dresses (2008) as Jane Nichols
- The Ugly Truth (2009) as Abby Richter
- Killers (2010) as Jennifer "Jen" Kornfeldt Aimes
- Life as We Know It (2010) as Holly Berenson
- New Year's Eve (2011) as Laura Carrington
- One for the Money (2012) as Stephanie Plum
- The Big Wedding (2013) as Lyla Griffin
- The Nut Job (2014) as Andie (voice)
- Jackie And Ryan (2014) as Jackie Laurel
- Home Sweet Hell (2015) as Mona Champagne
- Jenny's Wedding (2015) as Jenny Farrell
- Unforgettable (2017) as Tessa Connover
- Creator Backlash: She has a low opinion of Knocked Up, due to what she felt was a one-dimensional portrayal of the genders: women as joyless nagging shrews and men as immature brats who avoid or resent their responsibilities in life.
- Creator Couple: She's married to pop singer Josh Kelley (who is also the brother of Lady Antebellum co-lead singer Charles Kelley).
- Dyeing for Your Art: Famously blonde, she dyed her hair brown during production for One for the Money, but ultimately wore a brunette wig because her own hair lacked the curliness and volume Stephanie Plum's hair called for.
- Fashion Model: She started her modeling career as a child model with Wilhelmina Models. She has established herself as a cover model, appearing in numerous publications including Maxim, Vanity Fair and Cosmopolitan.
- Hospital Hottie: As surgeon intern Izzie in Grey's Anatomy.
- Leslie Nielsen Syndrome: She got her start in dramatic TV shows, but once she became a movie star, she became known for her roles in Romantic Comedy films.
- Playing Gertrude: In Love's Enduring Promise, she's ten months younger than January Jones (Missy), who plays her step-daughter.
- Star-Making Role: Her role in Roswell put her on the map, while Grey's Anatomy rose her to stardom.
- Statuesque Stunner: She's 5'9 and a successful model.
- Typecasting: She usually plays a high maintenance woman who, while successful in her career, has a poor love life.