You At Final Boss is a Roll to Dodge game on the Bay 12 forums. It is considered to be the largest, longest-running minimalist Roll to Dodge in history.
As the page quote indicates, the "plot" was originally that the players were trying to slay an evil lich in a tower. Since then, it has... slightly derailed. Now, after many changes of arena, boss, and players, it is a struggle between the lichette and her husband Dirg; a massive interstellar empire lead by misko27; Aperture Science, led by "Pragmatic Good" Only Sane Man mecha-dragon GreatWyrmGold and located on a spaceship; the Manly Men, led by former attempted omnicidalist Xantalos; The Drunken Fools, led by Yoink; Tim; and many others, including "members" of the aforementioned sides.
Read the insanity here.
You At Final Boss contains examples of:
- Authority Equals Asskicking: Faction leaders get bonuses to ALL rolls. This led to the creation of several factions, which (in turn) lead to someone with a higher bonus than anyone and a gun that kills any player in one hit (temporarily, although with a lowered bonus if a faction leader).
- Bad Boss: misko27 threatened GreatWyrmGold repeatedly for his questioning of the former's orders and arguments with Xantalos.
- Chronic Backstabbing Disorder: Most people, to some extent. GreatWyrmGold has been accused of this to a great extent, due to not really fitting in with either of the two main factions. Currently, he is leaning more towards the Romantics.
- Conservation of Competence: Either misko27 was a foolish leader leading (among others) GreatWyrmGold, or misko27 was successful in stopping GreatWyrmGold from attacking him.
- The Dragon: Xantalos used to be one for misko27. Long before that, Corai was the main (if not sole) minion for the lich, and remarkably effective.
- Death Is Cheap: Players typically return within a turn.
- Duel Boss: At one point, Corai and the lich could be seen as this. Currently, the Paladins see Dirg and the lichette as this.
- Exact Time to Failure: Subverted; the countdown didn't do anything when it hit 0.5, and hasn't dropped past that.
- Failure Is the Only Option: Xantalos's attempts to destroy the universe.
- FaceHeel Turn: Corai defected to the lich's side early on. Later on, either Dirg or misko27 did as well.
- Gender Bender: The lich, after many transformations, became a "lichette" and married Dirg. Corai was later attacked with Rule 63 and turned into the leader of womanly women by Misko.
- Giant Space Flea from Nowhere: Tim showed up without much explanation beyond, "There are too many factions."
- Long-Runners: For a minimalist Roll to Dodge, at least. Most don't reach 30 pages; You At Final Boss has over 200, plus an Out of Character thread of about the same length.
- Lone Wolf Boss: Any faction leader not directly associated with the lich can be seen as this.
- Marathon Boss: As noted by the Long Runner entry, it's taken a while...and the lich still isn't dead!
- Omnicidal Maniac: Xantalos, until he gave up, destroyed a Spore universe, and founded the Manly Men faction.
- Only Sane Man: GreatWyrmGold claims to be this, and while he's a bit crazy himself, he may be right.
- Our Liches Are Different: The lich has undergone many transformations, including an orb which was the source of all magic and a "lichette." He also had a blade made of souls of the damned for a while.
- Running Gag: Early on, ice cream made an appearance in many failed rolls.
- The Power of Friendship: Allegedly the only way to defeat the lich. Never confirmed.
- This Is for Emphasis, Bitch!: After the epilogue, lampshaded with a Pot Hole to This Very Wiki by Corai.GreatWyrmGold: I still hit my goal. Female canine.
- Weaksauce Weakness: The lich was supposedly weak to teamwork. This was never confirmed.
- Wide Open Sandbox: People have gone off and done crazy things unrelated to fighting the lich or whomever, notably Yoink's drunken escapades.
- With Friends Like These...: More than once, people have been backstabbed by others allegedly working with them in the past, or even ones currently working FOR them!