It was a day just like any other day at the coroner's office, with you cutting up a body of someone who died of a disease...until something crawled out of the body and bit you. That's when the normal days ended. That's when you became the first infected. That's when you became Patient Zero....
You Are Patient Zero is a zombie suggestion game, with a very unusual twist: you take control of Patient Zero, the first infected and the one who is the mastermind of the zombies! Your quest is to overthrow the human race and become the dominant race on a planet that combines magic and technology together. Beware, you are opposed by the rest of humanity, and between the police, the army, and the sinister organization that create the zombie parasites in the first place, your task will not be an easy one at all...
- Colour-Coded for Your Convenience : Everyone's text has a personal colour to make it easier to know who's talking.
- Emergency Transformation : After an assault on a city goes wrong and Diane is mortally wounded, she's given the second worm and becomes the first new smart zombie
- Even Evil Has Standards :Even Zero (who's a flesh-eating zombie bent on world domination, and has even referred to himself as Zombie Hitler) is disgusted by the outright monstrous actions of the secret organization behind the creation of the zombie plague
- Psycho Supporter : Diane may be cute, but she's also a cannibalistic serial killer
- Patient Zero : of note should be that Zero isn't actually the patient zero. He got infected by the original, who died in a hospital from spontaneous oral organ loss.
- Rape as Backstory: Diane's entire personality stems from this. It is also a common reoccurrence throughout the story.
- Ragtag Bunch of Misfits: Almost to the point of silliness, as every single one of Zero's companions has some sort of mental illness or trauma.
- Shoutout: When Zero, Diane, and T.W. are trapped inside a store, Diane has to clean her knife by wiping it on a man's vest. He comments on how it's the one thing he doesn't hate.
- Zombie Apocalypse : The eventual goal, though it is intended to more more "utopia with immortality" rather then "completely destroyed planet with dead clowns shuffling about".