Follow TV Tropes

Following

Roleplay / Undergrounds

Go To

Undergrounds was a Journal Roleplay set in present-day London, which ran for a while but was last updated in 2017.

Lurking just beneath the surface of the city is a thriving supernatural community made up of witches, ghosts, vampires, werewolves, hunters, and even normal human beings. With rival groups clashing over territory disputes and politics playing a key role, it's anyone's guess who will come out on top.

Advertisement:

This roleplay provides examples of:

  • Addictive Magic: Vampires who feed off of fae are temporarily immune to the sun. Unfortunately, they can also become addicted after just one feeding and eventually waste away.
  • Daywalking Vampire: Any vampire with the right piece of jewellery will be able to tolerate sunlight.
  • Fantastic Racism: Vampires and werewolves don't get along. A large number of hunters hate the blood-suckers for one reason or another as well.
  • Half-Human Hybrid: All meta humans have fae ancestry somewhere in their background.
  • In Spite of a Nail: Despite many characters having different backgrounds than their canon selves, their personalities and some relationships remain the same.
  • Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Cooper, who is rude, antagonistic, and generally unpleasant to about 90% of the game, but has Undying Loyalty for the other 10%.
  • Advertisement:
  • Last-Name Basis: Cooper. Nobody in game even knows his first name is John.
  • Masquerade: The Night Council is devoted to preserving the secrecy of the supernatural.

Top

How well does it match the trope?

Example of:

/

Media sources:

/

Report