The Facepunch RP Group is a group of roleplayers that have been making Play by Post Forum RPs for several years on the Facepunch Forums. They are largely centered around simulating countries in different settings ranging from history (resulting in alternate history) to fantasy worlds and sci-fi.
RPs with their own pages
Contains examples of:
- Balance of Power: The Italian Wars in Spring of Dragons and the Anti-Kekgol Coalition in Ascent of Man.
- Banana Republic: Facepunch user [Seed Eater] had an RP that took place in the Banana Republic of Surtierra.
- Binding Ancient Treaty: Facepunch user Telepathi tries to invoke this.
- Earth Is a Battlefield: Plot of The New Frontier.
- "Risk"-Style Map: Almost all of the RPs use the province maps from the Grand Strategy games made by Paradox Interactive, usually Victoria 2's province map.
- Lensman Arms Race: Almost every RP inevitably ends with everybody trying to out-WMD each other.
- Munchkin: The Troll, Metagamer and Cheater personas are invoked the most, especially in historical RPs.
- Orphaned RP: A majority of the RPs die out before Turn 5. There are also a few RPs that died out before the game starts.
- Ridiculous Procrastinator: Almost everyone in the group can apply here. Whether it be players or GMs, it can often result in the death of an RP. It is also the reason why this page isn't as developed as it should be.
- Sliding Scale of Turn Realism: All the non-character based RPs used the Round by Round system, whether it be a year, half a year, or a system similar to Civilization (as seen in Creation of Centuries and Ascent of Man).
- The Trickster: Facepunch user ThePinkPanzer can be seen as this. Though many would argue that he is more of an Evil Overlord.
- Webcomic Time: Due to the irregularity of updates, it is uncertain when the next turn comes out. It may come out in a day, or it might come out in three months. No one knows.
- The Wiki Rule: The Facepunch RP Group Wikia.
Creation of Centuries
- Gunboat Diplomacy: Invoked during the last few turns of Creation of Centuries when Ironclad ships came into being.
- Revolving Door Revolution: Between 904 and 988, the Tozholleronese state in North Africa underwent repeated revolutions and counter revolutions between Republicans, Monarchists (collectively refered to as Anticoziots), and even right wing authoritarian groups at some points.
- Reign of Terror: During the early, turbulent years of the young Zaudibaum Republic, this happens once Ziad Mashoud, father of the republic, dies, and his political rival Ghassan Aqil assumes consulship and swiftly transforms the republic into a dictatorship.
- Squick: Facepunch user Damian 0358 attempted to create a hybrid between an ox and a horse. A dim farmer reportedly swore an oath that he'd deliver the hybrid. Later, in the late 20th century, archaeologists discover the bones of the hybrid.
Empires & Revolutions series
- China Takes Over the World: China becomes the dominant Economic, Cultural & Military force in the world.
- Decade Dissonance: Many parts of the devastated United states when compared to Canada.
- Divided States of America: Between the expanded Canada & Gran-Columbia, there are a few Midwest & East Coast states that haven't been annexed yet.
- Fallen States of America: After a failed invasion by Canada, a successful invasion by Mexico, and a civil war that went so wrong, the Confederacy re-joined the Union to defeat a third faction, and after a second invasion by Canada, the US is this.
- Mexico Called; They Want Texas Back: Sort of, the US tried to take land from Mexico, but due to an invasion by Canada, they failed.
- Middle Eastern Coalition: The Peoples Caliphate of United Islam was a larger version of this, Including some non-Arab areas like Anatolia & Persia.
- Ruritania: Transylvania, Moldavia & Poland.
- Schizo Tech: Too many examples to count.
- Sky Pirates: Later on, in the game, Sky Pirates made their appearance.
- Space-Filling Empire: Near the end of the game, the world was, for the most part, split up into various large empires.
- Zeppelins from Another World: A few nations used Zeppelins as well as the sky pirates.
Modern World series
- The Alliance: In Modern World V2, the world drifted into these, with the European Union, the Democratic Coalition and the Eurasian Federation becoming the three competing power blocs.
- In Modern World V1, ThePinkPanzer as Russia created an alliance with Mr. Face (China) and the United States, and named the alliance the Alpha Alliance. Other players did not respond well.
- Arson, Murder, and Jaywalking: Poland was developing weapons, being dragged into a world war by Russia, facing large political upheaval. Oh, and a mug of coffee spilled on some dude's carpet.
- China Takes Over the World: China with Facepunch user Mr. Face's leadership became the world's strongest power. At the end of the game, the fate of the World War hinged on whether China sided with its friend America or old ally Russia.
- Evil vs. Evil: Modern World V2 ended up more or less like this, with a Russia who wished to conquer all of Eastern Europe fighting the pro-nuclear neo-conservative United States.
- The GM Is A Cheating Bastard: In Modern World V2, Facepunch user and GM of that RP, Sobotnik, selectively told people things to encourage World War. It worked.
- Glorious Mother Russia: Russia very quickly started going back to its Soviet roots toward the end of the game.
- Grey Goo: The end result of China's testing.
- Make the Bear Angry Again: America tried to plant a nuke in Russia to force the Russians to follow their will. It ended as you would expect.
- Nano Machines: China was developing a lot of these to replace nuclear weapons, to everyone's horror.
- Nuclear Option: Every Modern World RP, especially Modern World V2. Lampshaded by The New Frontier.
- Red Scare: Began to fall across everyone as Russia practically took over a quarter of the planet with the Eurasian Union.
- Salt the Earth: When Russia, China and Poland invaded South America, China and Poland quickly gave up on the occupation and left. Russia decided that this would be a good thing to do before following them out.
- Soviet Superscience: The Russians reintroduced the Wooly Mammoth to the world and planned to use war-adapted Sabertooth Tigers.
- Zerg Rush: Russia began drafting its population en masse for this reason.