A Destiny of Strife, a Hollow's Quest (Bleach) is a quest made by Talos on Sufficient Velocity.com where you take control of a newly birthed Hollow, born from a trapped Soul who met with a horrible fate.
Hollows are corrupt spirits with supernatural powers which devour the souls of both living and deceased Humans. The world around you is strange, both new and distorted. You're hungry, and alone. But you are not the only predator in this city. You must hunt down those weaker than you, and feed to sate your hunger, you must control your powers, and master your abilities. Enemies surround you spiritually aware humans, fellow Hollows, and even perhaps a Soul Reaper...
Defeat and destruction are all around, and the only way to offset them is with your wit, your skill, and your power.
The quest can be found here.
A Destiny of Strife provides examples of:
- Back from the Dead: A noted tendency within the game. The author generally likes to bring back established characters, even if they were somewhat dead before. Though, to compensate, he does tend to lay the groundwork ahead of time (Sometimes before they even die in the first place.)
- Curiosity Killed the Cast: Subverted as Aldrich, then known as Thinman, decided to eat a tree branch out of curiosity. It didn't end well, but he just managed to survive. People are still angry at that moment to this day.
- I'm Having Soul Pains: The process of becoming a Hollow involves the soul being twisted and mutilated, a process so painful that the soul's owner is almost driven mad from the pain.
- Rubber Man: Aldrich's limbs can be extended and warped at will. He is able to use this to stretch his legs and traverse over the tops of buildings with ease.
- Talking Is a Free Action: Like the source material, most fights will sometimes have the fighters stop killing each other for a brief moment to discuss their ideals. Painfully averted during the battle with Amihan.
- Visionary Villain: Aldrich himself, who aspires to create a New Way for all Hollows and make a legacy. While he's not exactly villainous, he's far from a good guy.
- White Mask of Doom: Like in the source material, people that have had their soul ravaged and become Hollows are adorned with a white mask. When he becomes a Hollow, Aldrich gains a blank white mask that opens into a jagged maw when he eats. The complete lack of features is enough to even disturb fellow Hollows.