Index | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20
Directed by Kim Manners
Pennock: From what?
Mulder: To me, it indicates some reaction to stimuli. Some kind physical response to images in her mind's eye.
Mulder and Scully are called to investigate a murder apparently committed by a woman (Lili Taylor) who has been blind since birth.
- Beat Them at Their Own Game: After Marty constantly mocks and taunts Mulder, Scully and Pennock, Mulder decides to play her game. With a few choice words, he cuts through her like a knife, leaving her speechless and prompting her to lose her cool.
- Bittersweet Ending: Despite all the attempts to prove Marty innocent, finding the man responsible causes her to end him with a bullet to the head, thus ensuring her time in prison. However, she is at peace with this, not experiencing any more visions of her father's murders.
- Boom, Headshot!: Marty shoots her father dead with this method.
- Friend to Psychos: Marty, who cleans up the killer's crime scenes.
- Holding Hands: Mulder and Marty share this at the end of the episode through her prison cell bars, having grown closer through the episode.
- Jerkass: Marty Glenn at the start. She becomes gradually sympathetic as the episode progresses.
- Monster of the Week: It's not exactly a monster, but it does have supernatural links.
- Mundanger: The killer is human in this one and the one with powers is trying to stop him.
- Pre-Mortem One-Liner: Marty says one as she holds her father, Gotts, at gunpoint."I hate the way you see me."
- Psychic Link: Marty is a blind woman, who has a one-way connection to a serial killer and cleans up his crime scenes after him.
- Seeing Through Another's Eyes: Marty sees through the eyes of the killer.
- Serial Killer: Gotts is this, killing people with C-shaped slashes at the right kidney.
- Tomboyish Name: Marty.