- Tupac Shakur, Missy Elliot
Iggy Azalea (born Amethyst Amelia Kelly, June 7, 1990 in Sydney, Australia) is an Australian rapper and model. Born in New South Wales, she began rapping at the age fourteen, relocated to the United States at the age of sixteen, and stayed on tenuous visa records. She burst into public view with her controversial songs "Pu$$y" and "Two Times", but only made it big thanks to "Fancy" and her guest spot on Ariana Grande's "Problem". Her first album, The New Classic, was released in April 2014.
Has no relation with Iggy Koopa from Super Mario Bros. Also, his redesign in New Super Mario Bros. Wii came about a or two years before she finally started in the music industry. Iggy Koopa is actually named after Iggy Pop.
- The New Classic (2014)
- In My Defense (2019)
- Glory (2012)
- Change Your Life (2013)
- iTunes Festival: London 2013 (2013)
- Surviving the Summer (2018)
- Reclassified (2014)
- Ignorant Art (2011)
- Trap Gold (2012)
I'm so tropey, you know already know:
- Belly Dancer: Dresses up and dances like one while in India in her "Bounce" video.
- Black Widow: The trope is namedropped in the song of the same name, which is about a Destructive Romance.Gonna lie to you, gonna lie to you
Like a black widow, baby
- Boastful Rap:
- "Fancy", which is all about the luxurious life the singer leads.
- "Beg For It" is essentially "Fancy"'s successor.
- Break-Up Song: "Black Widow", featuring Rita Ora on the hook.
- The Cameo: In Furious 7.
- Cluster F-Bomb: Most of her songs have a slew of F-bombs, as expected from a rapper.
- Coming-of-Age Story: "Work", and really her entire album.
- Early Installment Weirdness: Her claim is that she moved to the US to pursue her dream of being a rapper. So naturally she started out as a Britney Spears-esque pop singer. Lets just say, switching to rapping was a very good move on her part.
- Pretty Fly for a White Guy: She uses Indian costumes and dances in the video for "Bounce". She's actually faced criticism by people who feel she's unfairly copying the style of black artists without showing proper appreciation and respect for their culture.
- Singing Voice Dissonance: Following Pretty Fly for a White Guy, the "Dirty South"-style African-American Vernacular English accent that Iggy raps with contrasts with her natural Australian accent.
- Stage Names: Her real name is Amethyst Amelia Kelly. She took "Iggy" from the name of her childhood dog and "Azalea" from the street she grew up on.
- Statuesque Stunner: Stands 5'10"/178cm.
- Talky Bookends: In the video for "Black Widow".
- A Wild Rapper Appears!: In Ariana Grande's "Problem" and Jennifer Lopez's "Booty".