- The first poster was very quickly turned into a target for Photoshops, either inserting other marine-based characters, putting Aquaman somewhere else, or mashing up with other watery movie posters such as Finding Nemo and The Meg.
- After seeing all the armored sharks, everyone started joking about how Dr. Evil finally got his sharks with Frickin' Laser Beams.
- A lot of fans still stick to Insistent Terminology about Aquaman's trident not technically being a trident because it has five prongs.
- Orm riding a Mosasauridae species (Tylosaurus, as explained by James Wan) the same year as the release of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom, which featured the park's Mosasaurus escaping into the open ocean caused a lot of jokes about this being where it ended up.
- The Trench's resemblance to the Aliens earned them the fan-nickname of Seanomorphs.
- Jokes comparing Arthur and/or Mera to The Little Mermaid and other similar characters have been very common. (Mera is also a redhead princess of an ocean kingdom, who's clueless about land things, so it fits.)
- Of course, as with Justice League, Jason Momoa being Aquaman still draws a lot of Khal Drogo comparisons.
- He also briefly rides a sea dragon in the final battle, so jokes of "His wife Daenerys would be proud" is commonplace.
- When Arthur states that he's not a "fish-boy", he's a "fish-man", comparisons were immediately made to Derek Zoolander saying "mer-man!".
- "Remember kids, alcohol is bad for you."Explanation
- "Mary Poppins is a sea monster!"Explanation
- Jokes about the song Pitbull did for the movie have already become extremely common, with fans jokingly inserting it into other movies.
- Wan-billion Explanation
- "Veteran Clone reminiscing about the Clone Wars." Explanation
Memes / Aquaman (2018)