Hanappe Bazooka is a manga written by Go Nagai and Kazuo Koike. It was published in Young Jump from 1979 to 1982 and ran for ten volumes. In 1992 an OVA based on the series was produced and released by Nippon Crown.
Hanahei "Hanappe" Yamada was once an Ordinary Highschool Student, he had a crush on the School Idol, he was on the boxing team, he was bagged on by his parents and sister and he was so hopelessly girl crazy he would do anything a hot girl told him to on the empty promise that shed have sex with him; but all that changed one night while enjoying his porn collection, he accidentally summoned two demons, Ophisto Bazooka and Mephisto Dance, by writing out "Abracadabra" while masturbating. After bungling through the three wishes they gave him, his family walked in and after the demons decided to stay, had sex with his mother and sister and gave his father a giant pile of cash, and it all goes down hill from there.
Hanappe Bazooka provides examples of:
- Apocalypse How: If anyone besides Ophisto uses his Bazooka the entire universe will be destroyed save for the person who fired it, left alone in the void until they eventually die and crumble to dust. This isnt really true, Mephisto was just bluffing Hanappe.
- Been There, Shaped History: Before Hanappe summoned them Ophisto and Mephisto were previously summoned by the prophet Nostradamus and the emperor Nero.
- Bratty Teenage Daughter: Hanappes sister, Mito, fits this to a T in the OVA.
- Blessed with Suck: The demons give Hanappe the power to make any woman who he points at with his right index finger instantly want to have sex with him, this bites him in the ass immediately after he gets it when he accidentally points at his fat middle aged neighbor from across the street.
- And then theres the super strength they provide him, which only works when he maintains a cold heart, but Hanappes so emotional that its not very reliable.
- Death Is Cheap: In the OVA at least, the demons repeatedly mention that there going to resurrect the people Hanappe has accidentally killed with his Super Strength.
- Driven to Suicide: In the OVA after his mother and sister choose their demon lovers over him Hanappe jumps off the roof of a building.
- Even Evil Has Standards: Ophisto is horrified that Hanappe would try to have sex with his mother (to save her from Ophisto).
- Historical Rap Sheet: Implied, since Dance and Bazooka were once summoned by Nero its possible he had them start the Great Fire of Rome.
- If It's You, It's Okay: Mephisto Dance is stated to be a lesbian, but after Hanappe accidentally points at her with his magic finger and the two have sex she decides that she likes him despite him being a boy.
- Jerkass Genie: Ophisto takes literally the next three things Hanappe says as wishes after saying hell blow him up if he doesnt make his wishes soon.
- Meaningful Name: Ophisto Bazookas weapon of choice is a bazooka.
- My God, What Have I Done?: Everyones reaction after Hanappe jumps (see Driven to Suicide above).
- No Bisexuals: As mentioned above, Mephisto Dance is described as a homosexual even though she is attracted to Hanappe.
- Only Sane Man: Hanappe.
- Our Demons Are Different: They can grant wishes, revive the dead and grant you cool superpowers that you cant control and ruin your life.
- Shout-Out: The OVA has cameos and references all over the place.
- Hanappe's bedroom is shown to have several action figures including Mazinger Z, Great Mazinger, Getter Robo and Getter Robo G. theres also a model of the Enterprise and what looks to be an Ultraman manga.
- Kekko Kamen randomly appears in one group shot.
- Ms. Alphonse cameos in Hanappes harem fantasy, for some reason.
- Amon, Sirene and Agwelalong with Count Brocken, Baron Ashura and Doctor Hell appear gathered around the Akuma-dana.