In a world of space travel and chainmail bikinis, bounty hunter Fandora and her shape-shifting assistant Que cruise through the Dream Dimension in search of prey and manage to save the world a few times as well.
Fandora is an OVA from 1985 created by Go Nagai.
This anime provides examples of:
- Big Bad: Yog Sothoth, the one behind every bad thing in this OVA.
- Bounty Hunter: Fandora and Que hunt for dimensional criminals in return for money.
- Brainwashed and Crazy: Lemia is brainwashed by Gilsburg to be his evil minion, until the Crown of Lupia cures her.
- By the Power of Grayskull!: Fandora summons her weapons by shouting "O Lupia, grant me the Holy Light!" and Que shouts "Question!" whenever he shapeshifts.
- Creepy Cool Crosses: Pope Gilsburg's victims are usually tied to crosses and sometimes burned alive.
- Evil Overlord: Yog Sothoth when he rules over Lam while posing as Pope Gilsburg. His rules include kidnapping women for sacrifices/slavery, and carrying out harsh hunger taxes.
- Hat of Power: Fandora's tiara, which holds the Jewel of Lupia.
- Involuntary Shapeshifting: The light of Lupia turns Que back into his true form, a dragon.
- No Ontological Inertia: When Gilsburg dies, the kingdom of Lem automatically reverts to its former beauty.
- Subspace or Hyperspace: The Dimension Warp, which allows speedy space travel via an alternate dimension.
- Voluntary Shapeshifting: Que can turn into any animal he likes, and Pope Ginsburg can transform into a monstrous beast.
- White Hair, Black Heart: Princess Lemia while she's brainwashed by Gilsburg, aka Yog Sothoth.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Fandora has literal blue hair.