Medibot is a Let's Player who specializes in Kirby games, and often plays co-op with their friend My Name Is Kaz. They and Kaz have also been guest commentators and participants in Pokecapn's Let's Play's, including the infamous Sonic the Hedgehog (2006). They have guest-starred in other Let's Plays as well, including Kung-Fu Jesus's God Hand and Wolfshirt's Dungeons & Dragons game.
Their Let's Plays can be found on the LP archives, with in-progress ones on their YouTube channel. Though future videos are unlikely at this time; all of the channel's videos have been removed and medibot and Kaz have stated on Twitter that they no longer want anything to do with Nintendo.
Notable Let's Plays are:
- Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards, solo.
- Kirby Super Star, with Kaz as Kirby and medibot as the helper characters.
- Kirby's Dream Land 3, with medibot as Kirby and Kaz as Gooey.
- Kirby's Epic Yarn, with medibot as Kirby and Kaz as Prince Fluff.
- Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga, with Kaz as Mario and medibot as Luigi. The game was designed to be a one player game with the player controlling both characters, but they came up with a way to make it a two player game.
- Kirbys Return To Dreamland, with special guest stars Kaz and Pokecapn, who don't come in until their characters are summoned.
- Kirby: Triple Deluxe, solo. Until Dededetour, when they bring in Kaz.
- "Onion Menu Challenge", Solo. A grab bag of short playthoughs of different games... With Medibot reading the Outback Steakhouse menu over them.
Co-founder of the Global Yoshi's Cookie League.
Can be seen at Games Done Quick or heard as the announcer.
Provides Examples Of:
- Alternate Character Interpretation: For the entire Bean-Bean Kingdom. It's apparently corrupt as hell.
- And That's Terrible: "Swear words are explosive, and that's terrible for everyone."
- Let's Player Appeal: The majority of games that medibot has LP'd are Kirby games. They even outright state on more than one occasion that they like games with Kirby in it.
- Badass Bookworm: As Miriam Webster, holy librarian of Ioun, who has a book for everything.
- Bonus Level of Hell: Some of the bonus games for Kirby's Epic Yarn.
- Catchphrase: "Delicious!" Sometimes followed by Kaz saying "Go get 'em!" when they've eaten a power-up.
- "SUMMON: MEDIBOT!"
- "I/You touched [X]"
- "TASed, losers!"
- Challenge Gamer: Using Kaz's twitch.tv channel, they streamed several attempts of themselves attempting the Pit of 100 Trials at stupidly early points in the game. They finally succeed after waiting until they have Vivian to make another attempt.
- They're a top ten world record Noitu Love 2 speedrunner.
- Crapsaccharine World: "You grew up in a rough neighborhood, Kirby."
Medibot: The upside is that everything is delicious. The downside is that includes you. You, too, are delicious, and there is something out there that wants to taste you. This is the most dangerous of worlds.
- According to them, the Bean-Bean Kingdom.
- Medibot figures this much about Dream Land again in Kirbys Return To Dreamland.
- Crossover: "Now I really want to play "Sonic in Dream Land"."Kung Fu Jesus: They could have called it (Ripple Field) The Ocean Zone, or something.
Kaz: Yeah, well. This would be called Ocean Zone if this were Kirby the Hedgehog, or Sonic in Dreamland or something.
Kung Fu Jesus: That would... be an interesting crossover, and something I would want to see.
- Death Trap: Medibot and Kaz insult the game's traps and then try to come up with more efficient traps to use in their evil lair.
- Drop the Hammer: "This is a game about hitting jerks with hammers." "You can hit ghosts, with hammers- souls..." "There is nothing that cannot somehow be hit with a hammer."
- Return To Dreamland has Dedede playable, resulting in the combination of this trope and Cutting the Knot.
- Heroic BSoD/10-Minute Retirement: In Kirbys Return To Dreamland, whenever Kaz accidentally kills a Noddy, he drops out to think about what he's done.
- Honor Before Reason: The pre-boss level in world 6 places a Noddy underneath a crusher, and there is no way to save it. As a result, Kaz opts out of the stage entirely.
- Joined Your Party/Drop-In-Drop-Out Multiplayer: The LP of Kirbys Return To Dreamland starts off as a solo medibot experience. A few minutes into the game, a blue Kirby joins the action, controlled by Kaz as is traditional for multiplayer Kirby games. And then, three levels into the game, a yellow Kirby appears...
- No OSHA Compliance: Deliberately preferred by Kaz as a far more efficient way of disposing of adventurers while saving money than high-cost traps that have their only purpose be to break.
- Madness Mantra: In Episode 14 of Superstar Saga, when Luigi is hypnotized into thinking he's Mario, medibot starts mumbling about how he's Mario and he's the best and he has to save Mario because he's Mario. Mario.
- Phrase Catcher: Whenever a Gordo appears: "Watch out for Gordo. Gordo will get you."
- Robe and Wizard Hat: Essential for playing WarioWare, as shown here.
- Sdrawkcab Name: Kinda. Medibot says that Magolor's name spelled backwards is Rologam, which everyone playing agrees sounds like some kind of Pokémon.
- Special Guest: Kung Fu Jesus on Kirby's Dreamland 3.Medibot: Now, I brought Kung Fu Jesus in as a special happy fun guest commentator -
Kung Fu Jesus: No, that's false. I brought myself, thank you very much.
Medibot: He was brought in by an unknown force.
Kung Fu Jesus: By my own force...
Kaz: Welcome to Level 2! Ripple Field! In the game that we're playing.
- What Do You Mean, It's Not Political?: In-Universe. During 'Mario Or Luigi: Superstar Saga', medibot and Kaz invoke this by going into an extremely in-depth discussion of the Bean-Bean Kingdom's politics and economy, and the implications of its foreign relations with the Mushroom Kingdom despite having never been referenced in prior Mario games.