Sly's games tend to steal our breath as much as Sly... well... steals.
Tide of Terror (Isle O'Wrath)
- This conversation between Sly and Bentley when you first approach a machine wheel:Bentley: Sly, see that machine wheel? If my knowledge of mechanical engineering serves me right, applying significant rotational torque to achieve maximum velocity should yield a positive result.
Sly: You mean something good might happen if I get the wheel to spin fast enough?
Bentley: Isn't that what I just said?
Sunset Snake Eyes (Mesa City)
- "Thingus Raccamagoocus"
- Muggshot is incensed at Sly's behavior. Keep in mind this is a guy who took over an entire city so he could turn it into a Utah Las Vegas.
- "You break into my place! Steal my stuff! Trashed the joint! I feel transgressed and violated! Let's rock!"
Vicious Voodoo (Haiti)
- You know how you do a typical boss battle with the Arc Villain of the episode four out of the five times? Guess which one is the odd boss out? Mz. Ruby! Her boss battle is a rhythm-based minigame (or at least, it's supposed to be) where you have to time your button presses in tune to the music. It's sudden, it's weird, and it's oddly hilarious.
The Cold Heart Of Hate (Krak-Karov Volcano)
- During the final phase of the battle against Clockwerk, the giant scary owl who was a pure Knight of Cerebus just prior lets out odd non-sequiturs as his body is auto-repairing itself."I am... been selling... flowers...""Feet together!"
- Carmelita gives Sly a ten-second head start as a token of gratitude for rescuing her, but he spends the whole countdown staring at her with a smug expression. As she reaches zero, he gives her a surprise smooch. Carmelita then just has a dazzled expression of "Wow, what was THAT?"... up until she realizes that Sly's handcuffed her to the railing.
- As imposing as the Sequel Hook Cliffhanger is, Murray's "Oh no" reaction to it combined with a stock scream is rather amusing.
- Sly and Bentley's very first exchange. Bentley came up with code names and everything, and Sly is having none of it:Bentley: Breaker Alpha Foxtrot, this is the Wizard. Do you read me, Sitting Duck?
Sly: This is Peking Duck. I hear you, Blizzard.
Bentley: No, Sly. I'm "The Wizard," and you're "Sitting Duck."
Sly: I read you loud and clear... Lizard.
Bentley: No, I'm... Forget it. You're not taking this seriously!
Sly: Yeah, I'm not.
- "THUNDER FLOP!"
The Black Chateau (Paris)
- Basically everything Dimitri says, due to his Large Ham nature and tendency to use Mixed Metaphor. Even when he's ordering Sly's death:Dimitri: Check one, check two, solid. Dimitri on the mike with a shout-out to all my nightclub samurai. Stand tall and feel beautiful. I hear there's some raccoon-dude giving us static. If you all spot this crackerbox, BANG! Make him unhappy. Take no prisoners. Go hardcore. Extreme, ALL OVER HIS FACE! Okay, peace out.
- "Oh cupcakes!"
- This exchange between Sly and Dimitri just before the boss fight:Dimitri: Show your bling and let me shine you!
Sly: I have no idea what you're saying... and your suit sucks.
Dimitri: AAAUUUGGGHHH! LET'S DANCE!
- Dimitri retorts with this should he defeat you the first time:Dimitri: MY SUIT IS GREASY SWEET!
- Dimitri retorts with this should he defeat you the first time:
The Predator Awakes (India, Part 2)
- Some episodes have a mission where you bug the villain's office so that you'll have access to their communications. In this episode, you do so with a literal bug.Sly: Let me get this straight... we're going to bug Rajan's office... with a bug?
Bentley: It is an elegant plan, I agree.
- And the best part: it actually works!
- When Bentley finds out that Neyla double-crossed Sly and the gang.Bentley: I can't believe it! That double-crossing, cockney... LIAR!!!
Jailbreak (Prague, Part 1)
- Sly's deadpan snarking about Bentley insisting the "water tower" in the Contessa's prison is a giant attack robot... which is ultimately proven right.Bentley: Like I said... Giant... Attack... ROBOT!
- Even better is the slideshow montage where Bentley reaffirms that the water tower is a robot, going to the point that he scribbles a frowny face with mad eyes.Bentley: No really, Sly, I'm serious. The Contessa has a giant attack robot. It just looks like a water tower.
- Even better is the slideshow montage where Bentley reaffirms that the water tower is a robot, going to the point that he scribbles a frowny face with mad eyes.
- "I'm a little teapot short and stout. Tip me over and I'll SMASH UP EVERYTHING!"
A Tangled Web (Prague, Part 2)
- This exchange:Sly: You're a good man, Bentley. Just make sure those traps don't rip you into a hundred little turtle pieces.
Bentley: Why'd you have to say that!?
He Who Tames The Iron Horse (Canada, Part 1)
- "You can run from me, but I know where you're going: jail!"
- One objective for Murray is to abduct two bear cubs to break open a cage for a trolley that would be used during "Operation: Choo-Choo." Bentley's slide presentation makes the mission a bit more hilarious: "Don't worry, the cubs won't be hurt. Although I can't say the same for the guards."
Bentley: For this job, we're going to have to rely on a stronger force... the love of a mother for her child.Murray: Uh... you got something to tell me?
- The beginning of said mission has this exchange:
- Neyla attempts to insult Sly during "Operation: Choo-Choo" for his reliance on his friends. Naturally:Neyla: What's the problem, Poodle? Afraid you can't take me on? Have to call up your little friends for help?
Sly: That was some fancy flying, "little friend."Bentley: Whatever you say, "Poodle."
- After Bentley helps out Sly the first time, the follow-up exchange is this:
Menace From The North, Eh? (Canada, Part 2)
- From one of Bentley's slideshows: a image of Sly getting an electric shock. Makes you wonder where Bentley gets all those images from...Bentley: Given my electric engineering background, this plan has a ninety-seven percent of chance of success. Pretty good, huh?
- Some of Sly and Carmelita's similarities may be considered this. Ex: Carmelita likes art, Sly steals art.
- Jean Bison's epilogue. He becomes a member of the EPA... and gets frozen again.
- Murray's Turnbuckle Launch charge-up animation has him squat and shake violently; combined with the groan he makes, it looks like he's "trying to push something out."
- After completing the aforementioned missions where you bug the offices of the villains, you can listen to them speak about various things through a loudspeaker installed in the safe house, at least until you finish the episode. Some of the lines are pretty funny. Some examples:Dimitri: Carmelita, la-da-ding! Throw the cuffs at me!Rajan: What's this I see in my meditation pool? A bug?! I know your true use... you will work well to eat those pesky mosquitoes!Jean Bison: Ooh, my back's killin' me! Thank Jiminy for the Canadian healthcare system.
- If you get caught by Octavio in the mission "Octavio Snap," instead of having his guards attack you (which most villains would do if they catch you, failing the mission), he instead is disappointed and unamused that he caught you:
- In the first mission to infiltrate Venice Police HQ, when the lights are going haywire and Sly must hide under the tables, the ape mercenaries at the meeting can be heard saying some pretty funny things:(lights on)"Let there be light!"(lights off)"Oh, come on."(lights on)"I can see, da! I can see!"(lights off)"Make up your mind already."(lights on)"You look a lot better in the dark, Pietro. Seriously, you are an ugly, ugly man."
Sly: Hello assorted meatheads! And lady. Anybody feel like some exercise?
- And then later Sly's distracting the mercenaries and Inspector Fox so Dimitri can escape:
Carmelita: Cooper?! Grab him, men!
Sly: Aaaaand I'm out.
- Even funnier when you have the chase with Carmelita, and you realize that the mercenaries don't follow her outside.
- For one mission, Sly has to take over guard duty in disguise so Bentley can sneak into some coffee shops. During one of the post swaps, the guard on duty thanks Sly for taking over as his mom is cooking spaghetti. He mentions that it's so good that he wishes to be buried in his mother's pasta sauce, to which Bentley reacts somewhat dumbfoundedly, saying it's strange. As Bentley's doing his work inside the shop, though, Sly prattles on about how he must be missing out on something if he's never had food that good, up until the point Bentley completes his work and exits the shop. Bentley tells him to knock it off and focus on the job, to which Sly agrees. He then adds that they should go get something to eat afterwards.
Bentley: I can't believed that worked! You've got the worst Italian accent I've ever heard! No offense.
- From the same mission, at the first stop:
- When Bentley challenges Octavio to opera singing, controlling Bentley is the funniest thing ever! When he actually sings, it's just him horribly repeating "la," and if you lose, Octavio says that he can't go on because you're too awful. Furthermore, the song ends with an absurdly-high, Incredibly Long Note held by Bentley. But the best part of all is that pressing the square button will make Bentley air guitar!
Rumble Down Under (Australia)
- Before a mission where the Cooper Gang has to act tough to intimidate the local miners, Bentley asks his teammates how they can just "get angry." The response?:Murray: Find the match, deep inside yourself... light it, and let the fire burn up your guts and BOIL YOUR BLOOD!"Sly: Uh... yeah. I pretty much do the same thing.
- "We here are known around these parts for our drinkin' skills... and this just happens to be... a lemonade bar."
- "Bentley, I could use some help! How about putting a few of your sleep-darts in 'Carme-large-a' here?!"
- Later, this exchange:
- The gang having fun with Carmelita's camera while she's unconscious. The photos are hilarious. Just look at that smug face Sly has in the picture at the top of the page.
- How the opening cinematic for this episode ends. Penelope revealing her avatar: it's the body of a beautiful woman with her head taped on top (if you look closely, you can even see the remains of a "hello" wave that she failed to crop out). And Bentley has the same thing with his face taped over some muscular hunk's body!
- Which is then referenced when they see each other for the first time and Sly comments on how their avatars were a bit... exaggerated. The cutscene makes a point of showing them staring blankly at each other.
- Bentley needs to pick a fight against Muggshot so Carmelita can send him to jail. The insult that triggers it?Bentley: Your mother was a broken down tub of junk with more gentlemen callers than the operator.
Muggshot: Nobody talks that way about my mother! Nobody!
Sly: Hey, Inspector Fox! Still looking for a date to the prom?Carmelita: Quit running, and I'll pin the corsage on you!
- Before he snaps, Muggshot can tell Bentley not to say anything if he didn't have anything nice to say at all. Bentley's response? Staying completely quiet while a dumbfounded Muggshot is legitimately saddened by the fact that Bentley literally had nothing nice to say to him.
- Sly tricking Carmelita into chasing him as part of the above plan:
A Cold Alliance (Kunlun Mountains, China)
- Penelope's reaction to Murray asking anyone if they want to see his blisters.
- When the gang first comes to recruit the Panda King for their heist, they at first find him too lost in meditation to interact with by normal means. As such, Sly and Bentley discuss possible solutions:Sly: Let's just shout in his ear.
Bentley: No, to break him out of this trance, we'll need to delve into his mind.
Sly: A hacksaw, then?
- This exchange during the vampire-killing mission:Sly: There're gonna be fangs everywhere!
Sly: Right... I'll head back to the safehouse.
Panda King: Yes, do that.
- There's also this:Panda King: Fear not, Cooper. I shall not kill you today.
Sly: Um... ditto.
- There's also this:
Dead Man Tell No Tales (Blood Bath Bay)
- Sly's attempt at a pirate accent.
- On that note, the pirate insult competition. They refer to it as cursing. Well, they're G-Rated pirates.Sly: You're a brainless, clam-tongued, waste of skin!
Pete: That be true enough, but you're a stupid, scurvy-ridden, cabin boy!
Sly: You are a pin-headed, cross-eyed, piece of filth!
Pete: Har, har! But methinks you're a blathering, grog-abusing, whale-fart!
Sly: You're a donkey-eared, barnacle-backed, cow pie!
Pete: Ha! Yah swear like a child! You're a bleating, yellow-bellied, bag of vomit!
Sly: You're an idiotic, pus-faced, sack o'maggots!
Pete: That be true enough, but you're a cricket-sized, twisted, anchor-head!
Sly: Oh yeah? You're a pig-breathed, knuckle-dragging, swabber!
- On that note, the pirate insult competition. They refer to it as cursing. Well, they're G-Rated pirates.
- Bentley attempts to speak Dimitri:Bentley: Cool, Daddy-O. How 'bout you take your "pimped self" down 'neath the H20, and get nasty with he scuba... yo, with bling.
Dimitri: Hey man, you can try, but you'll never capture my essential style. It's like smoke, ungrababble and all over the place! But no matter, no thing, come at me with some turtle talk. You've got your own flavor.
Bentley: Magnificent, bro! Your method and madness have cold set us up with a fat pirate gat. You're a solid gold all-star on the Team Cooper label!
- And Bentley does it again when Dimitri finishes the mission! Except here, Dimitri doesn't bother talking him out of it.
- LeFwee might be a chauvinist Jerkass who flagrantly toes the line between Faux Affably Evil and Smug Snake, but he has some very funny lines.
LeFwee: (on the fact that his plank has splinters in it) Oh now, I take a great deal of pride working a bunch of splinters into the feet of all about to walk my plank! Har har! 'Tis the extra touches that makes all the difference.
- While being forced to walk the plank, Sly tries to get LeFwee angry in front of his men. For the most part, LeFwee is hilariously unconvinced.
Sly: "Slanderous scabbard?" I could do better in a coma, while speaking another language, to deaf apes!
LeFwee: Hmph. Your word-smithing is preposterous, presumptuous, patently premeditated!
- During a mission with Penelope, Bentley expresses some frustration over not being capable of the athletic feats Sly can do. When Penelope tries to reassure him by saying that Sly can't "rewire a satellite or write ASCII code," Bentley dryly retorts that Sly can't even spell ASCII.
- The ending cutscene for this episode has Carmelita not appear. Sly's response?Sly: Oh well, I'll just send her a postcard. (cue a postcard with the group in a conga-line, Sly with a Pirate hat and eyepatch on, Panda King with an unamused frown, and the Guru on the corner of the postcard that's signed, "Wish you were here" - Sly)
Honor Among Thieves (Kaine Island)
- Before Dimitri is about to go diving during the Cooper Vault heist:Penelope: "Okay, first: get over yourself. Second: I mean it, get over yourself!"
- This exchange:Murray: Nice! We'll have the Panda King give the van a boost! Stand clear Sly, we're about to get awesome!
(Panda King lights the fireworks)
Panda King: (Gleefully) The fuse is lit!
Murray: Buckle up, Bentley... we're about to fly!
(The van shoots up into the air)
(The van lands at the entrance to the Cooper Vault)
Bentley: We're never doing that again.
- During the "Beginning of the End" (In Medias Res) intro mission, Sly exclaims that Dr. M should "buy a knock off at the gift shop" after the latter tries to steal Sly's cane. In this final episode, when you return to the vault, there are piles of knock-off canes in front of the vault. Apparently, there WAS a gift shop.
- The insults Bentley slings when he's using his grapple cam. Most of the them are the kind of insults you'd only expect a child to react to!
- "Yo mamma!"
- "Up your nose with a rubber hose!"
- "I am yelling at you!"
- *Clucks like a chicken*
- "You're a bad person, I mean it!"
- "Follow the soooound of my vooooice."
- "Hey, you! Unattractive person!"
- "You! With the low self-esteem!"
- "Come over to this position!"
- "Hey, fatty!"
- (singsong) "You will never find me!"
- "Hey, pay attention to me!"
- The unlockable "making of" video that shows (very) early footage of Sly 1 and 2. While it's interesting to see what the games looked early on, the devs also consider a lot of things Old Shame.
- The devs sarcastically shouting CLIMB MOVE! After Sly (Not Miller yet, BTW) mentions it on some footage.
- The team noticing a rather awkward early running animation, and noting that it looks like Sly has severe back problems.
- Money popping up out of holes!
- An even earlier Sly model had huge feet, jokingly/self-deprecatingly dubbed "the clown shoes." It even eventually becomes a Brick Joke when it turn out clown shoes make you immune to lava.
- "It's a Dutch masterpiece: Rolling tube with lava rocks."
- "Those are the smartest guards ever." "I know. But at least they stand at attention, you know. Sly attacks them, and they're... they're there. They're very present, emotionally."
- The main characters are all given titles when they're revealed in the prologue (Sly the Thief, Bentley the Brains, Murray the Muscle). When Carmelita, who's caught Sly in the middle of stealing something, shows up, it reads "Carmelita the Girlfriend"... before a red X crudely crosses out the "Girlfriend" bit and changes it to "Carmelita the Ex-Girlfriend."
- "Welcome to Air Murray. Thanks for flying!"note
- During the animated scene where the Cooper Gang gives Dimitri the Thievius Raccoonus, Dimitri decides to give Bentley an incredibly garish and sparkly hat. True to form, Sly snarks that the communicators would limit the gang's exposure to Dimitri's fashion critiques.
Turning Japanese (Feudal Japan)
- The following remarks from Sly's first meeting with Rioichi Cooper, who's locked in a cage.Sly: Just stay put.
Rioichi: Very funny.
- Later on, just after Sly's gotten the key to Rioichi's cage and is about to free him, Sly accidentally activates a booby-trap and causes the entire area to fall apart! Rioichi just does a Face Palm in annoyance.
- Murray dressed as a Geisha. That is all.
- Not to mention the guards going completely gaga over his performance as "Madame Geisha," complete with Tex Avery-style Wild Takes. All the while, Rioichi is popping up around the shot during the performance cutscenes, with an expression of "are you freakin' serious right now?", mixed with heavy amounts of Squick.
- There's one point where Rioichi is standing right in front of them, waving his hand in their faces, and they still don't see him because they're too transfixed on Murray's act as "Madame Geisha."
- If you do the rhythm game perfectly, even Rioichi is transfixed by Murray's dancing.
- Fail this dance (rhythm game) and the "job fail" sign will remark that the dance stinks worse then bad sushi.
- He'll also remain in that outfit for as long as the Gang's in Japan, and wears it for the assault on El Jefe's fortress. And it is glorious.
- "'El Jefe'? Isn't that Spanish for 'Big Baby'?"
Go West, Young Raccoon (Cotton Mouth Bluff)
- Sly's defacing of Sheriff Toothpick's posters has to be the funniest act of vandalism you've ever seen. And he knows it, giving the posters serious, artsy names like they're actual artwork."I call this one 'Puny Green-Horn'!
- While Sly is breaking Tennessee out of prison, Sly starts talking to Bentley. Tennessee is understandably confused.Sly: Oh, er, I have this thing in my ear that lets my friend give me advice.Tennessee: Oh, that's cool. Ah got voices tellin' me to blow stuff up too.
- And another, more grim-yet-funny exchange during the prison break:Sly: How come I'm the only prisoner who got a ball and chain?
Tennessee: Well, they're gonna hang me tomorrow. Wanna trade?
- And another, more grim-yet-funny exchange during the prison break:
- Before Sly goes racing to obtain a key, Bentley tells Sly he needs to use his ball-and-chain to complete the race:
- Later into the episode, Bentley gets rather attached to his disguise and in particular the fake mustache, leading to him lamenting the fact he can't grow a real one and this line:Sly: You're not going to start wearing that all the time, are you?Bentley: Jealousy is such an ugly emotion, Sly.
- While bugging Toothpick's office, you see him accidentally shoot one of his goons, and his reaction is basically to just go "Uh, oops."
- During a shooting competition to get a key, Carmelita may say this:Carmelita: It kind of helps if I picture Sly's face on the target.
Clan Of The Cave Raccoon (Gungathal Valley)
- The intro scene has Sly see a pterodactyl fly by. What does Bentley do? Break out an anti-pterodactyl cannon.
- Sly calls it the dinosaur repellent.
- The very first time you see The Grizz in Gungathal Valley. Imagine walking through a prehistoric world and then all of a sudden you're encountered with one of the strangest and most out of place characters the developers could think of.
- This exchange:Sly: Hey Bentley, why don't we have a phone like that to talk to Dimitri?Bentley: Do you really want Dimitri calling you?Sly: Good point, forget I asked.
Grizz: You're choppy... You're choppy... You're choppy!
- The Grizz's phone reception constantly failing, with him growing increasingly frustrated.
- How the gang finds out Bob's name.Sly: What's your name?Bob: Rghahahmmhgggrmhgm.Sly: Riiiiight... I'm gonna call you Bob.
- The animated clip that showed Bob Cooper's past. This includes:
- Him finding the communicator and chewing it. In fact, he runs off while Sly just shrugs his shoulders.
- He carries Sly back to the hideout by his collar.
- He downs an entire cherry pie in front of Murray.
- The crayon-like drawings that explains about The Grizz snatching eggs.
- If you get caught by The Grizz when you're tagging him with homing darts:Job Failed Alert: Nobody fools with The Grizz!
- Bob finds the time machine's missing temporal sprocket with the "Job Complete" cutscene playing... just before getting attacked by a giant pterodactyl who promptly steals said temporal sprocket.Bentley: Well, that's not entirely surprising.
- In one mission, Murray has to retrieve the stolen parts of a time machine gadget. How? By chasing down penguins, catching them, and squeezing them until they cough it up. Complete with squeaking sound effects!
- The mission "Getting Stronger." All of it. Mainly for Murray's one-liners.
- To elaborate, they need to get Bob in shape. Murray's way of doing this is to put Bob through an eighties training montage, complete with cheesy eighty music and scene transitions.
- Technically, since the crew is in the Ice Age, Murray has just created history's very first 80's training montage... BEFORE THE 80'S, and it's amazing.
- To elaborate, they need to get Bob in shape. Murray's way of doing this is to put Bob through an eighties training montage, complete with cheesy eighty music and scene transitions.
- Just the fact that one of the missions was called "Ice Ice Bentley."
- When Carmelita argues with Sly after a mission about how Sly could have done better, you can see Bob in the background looking back and forth at the two in either curiosity or knowing.
- Prior to the boss fight with The Grizz, we hear him explaining about how all he ever wanted to do... is ice skate. Murray's confused reaction says it all.
Of Mice and Mechs (Medieval England)
- Sir Galleth being very gung-ho. In his animated cutscene, he tries to escape through a door, but Sly stops him. So he tries going through a window... and gets pulled away by Bentley, Sly, and Murray in a large chain.
- Before that, the portion of the cutscene that explains how Sir Galleth was captured in the first place. Just after fighting his way to the Black Knight, Galleth lunges at the Black Knight... only to get popped. Bonus points for the punch being seen from Galleth's perspective and for Galleth's cane and helmet being the only things shown hitting the ground.
- If you get caught by the Black Knight at the beginning of "Shell Shocked Heart," you can get a rather funny line from Bentley.Bentley: Sly, I said "tail," not "fail"!
40 Thieves (Ancient Arabia)
- Salim Al-Kupar has an enormous appetite. In fact, he downs a giant chocolate cake that Murray was about to eat in one gulp (and also gained a Balloon Belly to boot!)
- When Sly first meets Salim, Salim is unwilling to join the team... until Sly mentions that they have food back at the hideout. Salim is immediately right next to Sly, and his reaction is basically "didyousayfood?"
- Similar to the phony "Job Complete" cutscene from "Clan of the Cave Raccoon," when Sly obtains Salim al Kupar's thief outfit, there's a guard in the background during the Item Get! cutscene. You might think this is a goof, but then he actually attacks Sly (and is promptly smacked down with Sly's newfound time-slowing powers).
- While undercover wearing the Arabian thief outfit, Sly Cooper impersonates himself as the delivery boy and enters Le Paradox and Miss Decibel's tent. What's more, Sly Cooper talks to them with his trademark... Italian accent. Not only that... Sly manages to fool them, which leaves this remark from Bentley:Bentley: Sly, it's a good thing we're in Arabia, because in Italy, that accent would be considered a felony!
- Don't forget Bentley's reaction to the fact Sly's using it:Bentley: I said "crazy," Sly, not "suicidal"!
- Don't forget Bentley's reaction to the fact Sly's using it:
- Bentley explains that in order for them to get into the room where Le Paradox and Miss Decibel are inside, Carmelita will need tp distract the guards... in a belly dancer outfit. Then this occurs...Bentley: However, since we don't want to announce our "presence," we need a diversion for the guards. So I have taken the liberty for fashioning an outfit for Carmelita, who will use it to lure the guards away from their post by performing a belly dance.
Sly: Possibly your best plan ever, Bentley.
Bentley: I'm sorry I didn't ask, Carmelita. But you're the only one who can pull this off!
Murray: Um, Bentley... I could do it!
Carmelita: I am not getting into that outfit!
Bentley: I realize it's a bit... revealing, but think of it as going undercover.
Murray: I'm positive THE MURRAY can squeeze into that thing!
Sly: Hey Carmelita, you should totally model that outfit for us... to make sure it fits!
Carmelita: Shut up, Ringtail! I'm only doing it for the team.
Murray: Listen! Silk is very elastic!
- Murray really wants to cross-dress and go dancing ever since his "success" as Madame Geisha. And to make it funnier, during the above presentation, Bentley has placed a picture of the outfit Carmelita is to wear in his slideshow, placed on a mannequin. Murray proceeds to draw his head and hands over the mannequin's own.
- As they reach the location, this conversation occurs...Bentley: Ok, Carmelita. We need you to distract those guards and get them away from that door!
Sly: Yeah! Bust a move Carmelita!
Carmelita: How about I BUST YOUR FACE, Cooper?
Bentley: We're counting on you, Carmelita! Meet us inside once you lose the guards.
Carmelita: Bentley, you owe me BIG TIME for this one! *knocks his head*
- Much like Murray's dancing stage, most of the time you hear Carmelita mumbling about Bentley's idea and her wearing a belly dancer outfit during her "distraction."Carmelita: This is the WORST undercover assignment ever...
- Fail the dance game and the "job fail" sign will said that's more like a "belly flop."
- The Reveal in the teaser trailer:"I'm not your cheesy macaroni Sly Cooper! You got DIMITRIII-III!!!"
(lights break, screen goes black, a door is heard opening)
Sly: Bentley, this is the last time we ever leave Dimitri in charge of the hideout.
Bentley: It was also the first time.
- For the previews, anything that Sir Galleth says. It helps that he's a Large Ham.Bentley: Do you see anything, Galleth?
Galleth: Aye, Bentley. I do forsee the wretched beast lay low by my blade!
- The Gamescon 2012 trailer has one with Carmelita blasting a sword that Sly had in hand. What sells it is not only his expression, but also Bentley and Murray's... it screams "We are in SO much trouble."
- They really are, given the time machine runs off of artifacts from the era they need to travel to, and that tanto dagger was their only ticket back to Feudal Japan, if they needed to help Rioichi again. Not to mention possibly their only way home from the Old West.
- GameTrailers's preview has a funny line: "With Sucker Punch in more Infamous projects".
- Possibly unintentional, but the game's subtitle "Thieves in Time" can be shortened to "TiT". Sly must've been taking some pointers from Ratchet this time.
- The tie-in prequel comic for the second game has a story called A Chase Down Memory Lane, which shows how Sly and Carmelita met. Their different versions make it better, along with their last thoughts on it:Carmelita: He wants me.Sly: She wants me.
- In case you're wondering: Sly seems to be telling the truth, while Carmelita's story is hilariously clouded in her own ego.
- In an episode of Second Funniest Podcast (co-run by Sly's voice actor Kevin Miller), the Cooper Gang try to get the KFC secret recipe from a sassy black man. Hilarity Ensues.
- "Sly, you jump and press the circle button."
- The 2D cartoon used to promote Thieves in Time, "Timing is Everything" has Sly finding Carmelita tied up and rips off the duct tape covering her mouth. First thing she does? Scream like hell. What does Sly do next? Well, being a Gentleman Thief/Handsome Lech, he starts untying her... then realizes she would only try to stop his heist, so he ties her back up before taping her mouth up once more.
- Needless to say, Carmelita doesn't take this well, and starts to jump up and down in rage. But then she sees a signal flare she knocked over, and uses it to burn through her ropes. But even before she's free to go full Action Girl on everybody, she already screws up Sly's heist by setting off the fire alarm... just as Sly is winding up to knock out one of Muggshot's guards.
- From some other promotional material for Thieves in Time:
- The teaser for The Movie (which has been sadly cancelled) has the gang being chased by cops... for stealing donuts for a hungry Murray.
- Bentley: Why can't we just order pizza like normal people?Murray: Mmm, sprinkles!
- And in the beginning, where the gang is in a Race Against Time (with Sly showing off Le Parkour while Bentley is forced to drive Murray in the van); to get to the donut shop. And then Sly arrives in front of the donut shop, just in time... only for the store to close down seconds later.Sly: Seriously?
- Why can't they just order pizza? Because Bentley is allergic to tomato sauce.