Sly Cooper is a series with a lot of cool, catchy and jazzy tunes reminiscent of its influences of film noir, Saturday morning cartoons and heist movies. Are you picking up what I'm throwing down?
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
- For the final boss, we have A Strange Reunion, an ominous and foreboding track hammering in the finality of Sly's fated clash with Clockwerk. Bonus points for the choir in the background.
Sly 2: Band of Thieves
- Paris, the field theme for the first episode and the most recognizable and signature tune from the series overall.
- No Awesome Music page for this series would ever, ever be complete without "Greasy Sweet", Dimitri's signature theme. Are you hearing what I beam to you, cracker-box? Here's the funkier version that plays in his nightclub, and here's the calmer and more focused version that plays during his boss battle, complete with clanking noises representing the Clockwerk parts you need to steal back from him. And there's also the special Lounge Lizard remix which can be found as an Easter Egg in this game, and in a music video rewarding 100% Completion in the next. It's worth it.
Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves
- Lemonade Drinking Contest is incredibly catchy and goofy, befitting of a drinking contest held within a lemonade bar.
- "Hotel Lobby With Muggshot", when Bentley challenges Muggshot to a fight (as part of a plot to lure him and Carmelita together). The music fits perfectly with the gloomy mood of the other pilots and with Muggshot's gross, Jerkass personality.
- Pirate Fight, the "danger" music of Dead Men Tell No Tales and the track that plays over almost the entirety of Operation: Reverse Double-Cross, is energetic and intense, reminiscent of the Pirates of the Caribbean scores.
- Gauntlet of the Ancestors is an epic and beautifully sweeping piece that perfectly encapsulates the wonder of Sly's tangible exploration of his family's legacy.
Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time
- Thieves in Time, the main theme for the game. A remix of the classic Sly leitmotif with added Doctor Who-like sci-fi elements, this track is determined to ready you for your trip into the time vortex. A metal remix of this theme briefly plays during one mission in this game and in the credits for the Bentley's Hackpack game collection. Suffice to say, it rocks.
- Sly Samurai, the field theme for the Feudal Japan level. The combination of Japanese instruments and the melodies we already know from Sly leads to a fine result—namely a catchy and playful theme signifying the start of our gang's next adventure.