Slumber Party Massacre II is a supernatural Slasher Movie released in 1987.
The film follows Courtney Bates, who was one of the survivors of the previous film. She is now a member in an all-girl rock group, who decide to take the weekend off by having a Slumber Party in an estate belonging to the rich father of one of them.
Courtney also suffers from nightmares and hallucinations of a leather-clad rockabilly who is armed with an electric guitar with a built-in power-drill. Despite the visions of her sister trying to warn her about the guy, the rockabilly eventually steps into the real world and starts killing everyone.
This film has examples of:
- Big Bad: The Driller Killer, who wants Courtney for himself.
- Body Horror: Sally complains about a zit that only she seems to be aware of. Courney later sees hallucination where Sally's zit is real, grows up fast, bursts and shoots muck all over her.
- Breaking the Fourth Wall: The Driller Killer addresses the audience before doing a random musical number ("let's buzzzz") that leads to the death of Sheila.Driller Killer: Now it's time for the fun part.
- Cassandra Truth: After the protagonists make one false alarm thinking that Sally has died, the cops don't believe the real distress call from them later on.
- The Cavalry Arrives Late: The police and paramedics arrive at the scene after Courtney has dealt with the Driller Killer (or that's what she thinks).
- Creator Cameo: The producer of the film appears briefly as "Mr. Damnkids", the guy whose door Sheila and T.J. bang on before the Driller Killer offs the latter.
- Danger Takes a Backseat: Courtney, Amy and Jeff manage to get behind wheels and start driving away from the settng. Then the Driller Killer appears in the car's backseat, and impales Jeff.
- Evil Laugh: Driller Killer usually cackles evilly when he is taunting Courtney through weird visions.
- Final Girl: Courtney is the sole survivor, and locked up in a mental asylum.
- Hellbent For Leather: Driller Killer wears an all-leather rocabilly outfit.
- Gainax Ending: The whole movie is first revealed to be a dream that Courtney had after having sex with Matt, and then hallucinations that she had being institutionalized like her sister.
- Gory Deadly Overkill Title of Fatal Death: Inherited from its predecessor (with Numbered Sequels thrown in).
- Hallucinations: Courtney sees weird and disturbing visions throughout the film, caused by the Driller Killer's influence on her.
- Horror Doesn't Settle for Simple Tuesday: The Driller Killer starts the massacre proper on the day of Courtney's birthday.
- Impaled with Extreme Prejudice: As Courtney tries to have sex with Matt, Driller Killer materializes into the real world and impales Matt with his guitar-drill.
- It Came from the Fridge: One of Courtney's hallucinations involves a chicken jumping at her from the fridge when she opens it.
- Lampshade Hanging: During the dance sequence in the initial slumber partying, the girls begin pouring champagne on each other taking off their clothes, and one even begins suggestively grinding on a lamp, while looking directly at the camera. The boys who are looking on quip "I didn't think girls actually did this."
- Man on Fire: After killing all of her friends and chasing her through a construction site, Driller Killer corners Courtney next to an acetylene torch. She sets him on fire, and he proceeds to fall to the ground.Driller Killer: Come on baby, light my fire.Courtney: That I will.
- Musical Episode: There are music numbers from both the main characters and the killer.
- Nightmare Dreams: Courtney is plagued by these, which stem from the traumatic events she went through in the previous movie and the Driller Killer's influence on her.
- No Name Given: The killer is simply called "The Driller Killer" in the credits.
- Our Lawyers Advised This Trope: This appears in the end credits of the film (heed their words, kids!):Any unauthorized exhibition, distribution or copying of this film or any part thereof [including soundtrack] is an infringement of the relevant copyright and will subject the infringer to severe civil and criminal prosecution as well as a midnight call from the Driller-Killer.
- The Power of Rock: The supernatural Driller Killer is styled after rock 'n' roll, and he performs a song number of it in the film.
- Right Through the Wall: Conversed when the sex that Sheila and T.J. are having keeps the girls awake.Courtney: They always make that much noise?Sally: Yeah, the more they do it, the louder they get. Practice makes perfect.
- Series Continuity Error:
- A newspaper clipping based on the events of the previous film mentions that six people were killed in the slumber party. The number is actually nine, plus two additional deaths that happened in the schoolgrounds.
- The house where the previous film took place is referred to as "Craven's", the owners' surname was actually Deveraux.
- Stock Footage: Clips from the first movie are spliced into Courtney's nightmares.
- This Is a Drill: The Driller Killer (as his name bluntly hints) rocks and kills with a drill which is combined with an electric guitar.
- Trailers Always Spoil: One of the frames in the trailer for the film is the next to last shot in the movie
- Walking Shirtless Scene: Courtney's Love Interest Matt spends his time like this in her erotic dreams, before they inevitably turn into prophetic nightmares for the massacre to come.