Robin Hood: The Rebellion is a 2018 action movie written and directed by Nicholas Winter, and starring Kristian Nairn, BRIAN BLESSED, Ben Freeman and Marie Everett.
After Maid Marian is kidnapped by thhe Sheriff of Nottingham, Robin Hood must get a band of men together to to save her. Many are reluctant, given that they are massively outnumbered by the Sheriff's men—but those that do join Robin will stop at nothing to defeat the bloodthirsty tyrant. Together, they hatch an audacious plan to penetrate the depths of the Sheriff's castle and reclaim Robin's true love.
- Action Girl: Although Marian is not as accomplished a warrior as Robin, she nevertheless holds her own in several fights against Guy of Gisborne, and engineers her own escape from the Sheriff's dungeons.
- And Now You Must Marry Me: The Sheriff of Nottingham abducts Lady Marian and attempts to force her to marry him by promising to ease the crippling tax burden he has imposed on the populace if she does so.
- Arrows on Fire: Guy has his archers fire flaming arrows into the armoury: setting it alight in an attempt to burn Robin and his men out.
- Battering Ram: Guy of Gisborne orders his men to fetch a battering ram to break the door when Robin and his band lock themselves in the armoury.
- Beauty Is Never Tarnished: Averted. By the end of their "Die Hard" on an X, Marian is just as bashed, bruised and bloodied as Robin.
- The Brute: The Sheriff of Nottingham employs a behemoth named Brimstone as his primary enforcer: a massive bald, tattooed musclebound brute who towers over even Little John.
- Damsel out of Distress: Robin and his men infiltrate the Sheriff's castle to rescue Lady Marian, but she and Much have already escaped from the dungeon by the time they do so.
- Died in Your Arms Tonight: The serving girl the Sheriff shoots In the Back with an arrow dies in Robin's arms.
- Conveniently Placed Sharp Thing: While locked in the dungeon, Marian and Much are able to prise a stone out of the wall and use it to shatter their chains.
- Denied Food as Punishment: When the Sheriff sends for Brimstone to locate Marian, he issues this instruction:Tell Brimstone that if he kills Lady Marian, he won't be fed for a week.
- "Die Hard" on an X: Die Hard in a medieval castle. The advertising even describes it as 'The Raid meets Die Hard'' with a medieval twist'.
- Disabled in the Adaptation: Friar Tuck is portrayed as blind in this film.
- Dressing as the Enemy: Robin, Will and John strip the armour and uniforms off the Sheriff's dead men and return with Brom, posing as the party the Sheriff sent out.
- Dual Wielding: During his final battle against Robin, the Sheriff wields a longsword in each hand.
- Establishing Character Moment: The Sheriff of Nottingham introduces himself by threatening a family for the whereabouts of Maid Marian, gutting the father and threatening the lives of the kids.
- Fed to Pigs: Seen raping a woman, the Sheriff threatens to feed her eyes to pigs if she should fail to please him.
- Giant Mook: The Sheriff of Nottingham employs a brute named Brimstone as his primary enforcer: a massive bald, tattooed musclebound behemoth who towers over even Little John.
- Grievous Bottley Harm: Much knocks out the serving woman who is attempting to stab Marian by smashing a pitcher over her head.
- Hand-or-Object Underwear: Guy of Gisborne, having been Mugged for Disguise and stripped of his armour and clothes, arrives naked at the Sheriff's castle in the middle of the night, and has to convince the guard to let him in and then meet the Sheriff holding his hand over his crotch.
- Hooking the Keys: Robin tries to open the armoury door by using his belt to hook the latch from the outside. This fails, but Will is able to open the door by using a sword hilt to do the same thing.
- I Have Your Wife: The Sheriff kidnaps Lady Marian and Much in order to force Robin's hand.
- Impromptu Tracheotomy: During their final fight, Robin grabs an arrow that had been fired at him but missed, nocks it to his bowstring, and fires it at the Sheriff: nailing him through the throat.
- In the Back: In a Kick the Dog moment, the Sheriff shoots the serving girl who is helping Robin in the back. She pitches forward and dies in Robin's arms. Later, he comes up behind Much and stabs him in the back in front of Marian.
- Left for Dead: The Sheriff has Giant Mook Brimstone throw Robin off the walls of the castle, and leaves him for dead at the bottom of the walls. Especially ironic, as the Sheriff had early told off his cousin Guy of Gisborne for assuming that Robin was dead when he hadn't seen the body.
- Mugged for Disguise: Robin and his men strip the armour and uniforms off Guy of Gisborne and men and use them in infiltrate the Sheriff's castle.
- Sherlock Can Read: When the blind Friar Tuck addresses Robin Hood by name, Robin asks how he knew who he was. Tuck replies that the Lord may have taken his sight, but he still has his hearing and he had heard The Brute Brimstone call him Robin Hood during their battle.
- Throwing Your Sword Always Works: When the Sheriff's men rush Robin and his band at the armoury, Robin throws the group's only sword and spears the lead man through the chest.