Maggie is a 2015 post-apocalyptic horror drama film, directed by Henry Hobson.
In the wake of a Zombie Apocalypse, young Maggie Vogel is bitten and infected by the Necroambulist virus, which slowly turns her into a cannibalistic zombie. She runs away to protect her family, while her father, Wade, searches for her.
The film stars Arnold Schwarzenegger and Abigail Breslin in the main roles. It was due to premier at the 2014 Toronto International Film Festival, but after Lionsgate bought the distribution rights, was eventually released at the 2015 Tribeca Film Festival, before seeing a limited theatrical release.
- After the End: The film takes place in the aftermath of a Zombie Apocalypse, caused by the Necroambulist virus.
- Alien Blood: Those infected with the Necroambulist virus bleed a black fluid.
- Driven to Suicide: Maggie jumps off the roof to her death at the end, as she enters the final stage of the infection.
- Feel No Pain: The zombies gradually lose the ability to feel pain, and is one sign that Maggie is losing her humanity after she breaks her finger, but feels nothing.
- Fingore: Maggie breaks her finger after falling off a swing, which reveals that she's quickly turning into a zombie. She later cuts it off.
- Horror Hunger: During the late stages of zombification, Maggie begins to smell food when around humans.
- I'm a Humanitarian: The Necroambulist virus turns its victims into cannibals.
- Mercy Kill: The doctor and sheriff recommend Wade do this to Maggie before she fully turns. He can't bring himself to do it.
- The Virus: The Necroambulist virus, which turns people into cannibalistic zombies.