Directed by William Friedkin, written and produced by Joe Eszterhas, Jade is a 1995 erotic thriller, starring David Caruso, who also starred in the popular cop drama TV show, NYPD Blue, Linda Fiorentino who starred in The Last Seduction and Chazz Palminteri, who was fresh off of receiving an Oscar nomination for Bullets over Broadway.
When an important millionaire was mysteriously murdered, San Francisco attorney David Corelli (Caruso) investigates the case and the first suspect is Katrina Gavin (Fiorentino), who happens to be Corelli's ex-lover and is married to local attorney Matt Gavin (Palminteri). A web of blackmail and prostitution arises and Corelli must discover who really committed the crime before it is too late.
This film displays examples of:
- Brainy Brunette: Dr. Katrina Gavin. Academically she is bright, her common sense when it comes to her personal relationships isn't so stellar though.
- Chase Scene: This chase scene has one running through a Chinatown parade and ends with Corelli being knocked into the ocean bay in a more cartoonish fashion.
- Fanservice: The beautiful Linda Fiorentino doing full frontal nudity and several graphic sex scenes.
- Home Porn Movie: Corelli receives a copy of a sex tape in a dead man's beach house.
- Love Triangle: Matt, David, and Katrina are part of one that's been going on for years.
- Magic Brakes: Corelli's car's brakes fail as he's heading down one of San Francisco's trademark steep hills. Naturally, it was due to someone cutting the brake line...
- Soundtrack Dissonance: "Rites of Spring" was played during the middle of the film. Also in a scene in which Corelli is examing clues about the case.