Jab We Met
is a 2007 Bollywood
romantic comedy movie starring Shahid Kapoor
as Aditya (a depressed businessman who is trying to get over heartbreak) and Kareena Kapoor
as Geet (a Genki Girl
planning to elope with her boyfriend Anshuman) who meet on a train going from Mumbai to Delhi. At first, Aditya finds Geet's chattyness very irritating and gets off the train. She attempts to get him back on but they both end up missing the train. They begin a long journey north, attempting to reunite Geet back with her family in Punjab.
This work contains examples of:
- I Want My Beloved to Be Happy: Aditya towards Geet and Anshuman.
- Love Hotel: There's a scene where Aditya and Geet end up at one of these. He knows what it is, she does not. The owner asks him for how many hours does he want the room? Aditya tries to tell him "all night", but Geet protests saying "We only need it for a few hours!" and "Why pay for the whole night?" She is a very pretty, obviously upstanding girl, and the hotel owner beckons the guy closer and whispers, "Wherever did you find her?"
- Manic Pixie Dream Girl: Geet's character helps Aditya get over his problems and establish a positive attitude.
- Uptight Loves Wild: Aditya is the uptight one, Geet is the wild one.
- What Does She See in Him?: Anushman turns out to be an obnoxious jerk, which makes the audience really wander what made Geet fall in love with him.
- Wrong Guy First: Aditya and Geet meet on a train and, through a series of misadventures, end up going on a road trip throughout India together. Although Aditya falls in love with her fairly quickly, Geet... already has a boyfriend. She loses interest after said boyfriend unceremoniously dumps her after she traveled all that way to see him.