Somewhere in the ancient Mediterranean world, a ship from the Moon crashes into a mountain, and the occupants insist on getting human sacrifices at what is now the "mountain of death". Enter our hero, "Hercules," played by Alan Steel. Hercules helps free the sacrificial victims, but the Queen of Samar is in league with the Moon Men now, and sends her armies out to stop Hercules. Swordfights and buffalo shots ensue. Then, the Moon Men reveal their master plan to revive their dead queen and merge the Moon with the Earth. Can the Herc get to the mountain in time to save the girl and the world?
Hercules Against The Moon Men provides examples of the following tropes:
- Blonde, Brunette, Redhead: Billis, Agar and Samara
- But Now I Must Go: And Agar goes with him.
- Evil Redhead: Queen Samara is quite voluptuous and has red hair.
- Fake Defector: According to Hercules movie law, Queen Samara tries slipping Herc a Love Potion. In this film, Hercules is smart enough to only fake drinking it and pretend to be Brainwashed and Crazy for long enough to seduce the location of the Moon Men's lair out of Samara.
- God Save Us from the Queen!: Samara.
- Love Potion: Queen Samara keeps one around her neck.
- The Main Characters Do Everything: Hercules was summoned so that he could lead the people in battle against the Moon Men, but in the end, he does all the fighting himself while the locals wander around lost in a sandstorm.
- Mr. Fanservice: It's a Hercules film so naturally Hercules is this.
- Ms. Fanservice: Jany Clair as Queen Samara is very curvy and her outfits really emphasize this.
- Panty Shot: Hercules wears nothing but a tunic in most scenes, leading to plenty of these.
- Shirtless Captives: Hercules wears an exomis-style tunic for most of the film, but after being captured by Samara he is next seen shirtless and in chains and then placed in a bizarre torture machine.
- She Cleans Up Nicely: Agar when she changes from her boy disguise into her normal clothes.
- Surprisingly Sudden Death: Herc and Agar's father are moseying through a secret tunnel, then suddenly WHAMMO! spikes shoot out of the wall to impale the old guy.
- Take Over the World: What the Moon Men plan to do with the power from all their sacrifices.
- You Have Failed Me: The Moon Men get fed up with Samara's failed attempts to kill Hercules. Rocks Slam Dance, Samara Dies.
- Samara also has the only one of her guards to survive a battle against Hercules put to death for unclear reasons.