His most prominent roles so far have been as Artie Nielsen in Warehouse 13 and Leon's father David in The Trotsky, but he has had supporting roles in episodes of The Equalizer, Frasier, Law & Order, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Star Trek: The Next Generation, Stargate SG-1, Leverage, The Outer Limits (1995), Psych, and Person of Interest, as well as films like Unforgiven, True Romance and Wall Street.
He has also written a play called Terrible Advice that premiered in September of 2011.
Tropes commonly associated with Saul Rubinek or his roles:
- Badass Bookworm: Not quite as badass in Real Life, but brilliant in all cases.
- Cameo: For being a well known and liked actor, most of his roles are as Bit Characters, although Retroactive Recognition may play a large part in this.
- Celebrity Resemblance: Just how much does he look like Paul Bradley◊ (aka Elliott Hope, Holby City actor?)
- Everyone Is Christian at Christmas: Was the centre of the Warehouse 13 Christmas Special.
- I Have No Son!: Has played characters on both sides of this.
- Jewish and Nerdy: In Real Life he's One of Us.
- Jewish Complaining: In several roles.
- One-Shot Character: Many of his early roles.