Rosa Bianca Salazar (born July 16, 1985 in Washington, DC) is a Canadian-born American actress of Peruvian descent.
She's primarily known for her comedy and sci-fi roles. Her most famous role to this day is that of Alita/"99" in Alita: Battle Angel, the long-gestating movie adaptation of the manga Battle Angel Alita.
- CollegeHumor (2010-12) as various roles
- Law & Order: LA (2011) as Yolanda
- Parenthood (2011-12) as Zoe DeHaven
- American Horror Story: Murder House (2011) as Nurse Maria
- Body of Proof (2013) as Ramona Delgado
- Epic (2013) as Roller Derby Girl (voice)
- Batman: Arkham Origins (2013) as Copperhead (voice)
- Hello Ladies (2013) as Heaven
- The Divergent Series: Insurgent (2015) as Lynn
- China, IL (2015) as Barb (voice)
- The Maze Runner Series as Brenda
- HUNT the TRUTH (2015) as Bostwick (voice)
- Tim & Eric's Bedtime Stories (2015) as Lucy
- Man Seeking Woman (2016) as Rosa
- Comedy Bang! Bang! (2016) as Camper
- Chips (2017) as Ava Perez
- Big Mouth (2017-19) as Ms. Benitez (voice)
- Bird Box (2018) as Lucy
- Alita: Battle Angel (2019) as Alita/"99"
- Undone (2019) as Alma Winograd-Diaz (voice)
Rosa Salazar and her works provide examples of:
- Awesome, Dear Boy: She was very enthusiastic to play Alita, to the point of bringing much physical dedication to the role. She later said that she wants to play the role "for the rest of [her] life", even in the face of the uncertainty of a sequel happening.
- Dawson Casting: In her late twenties/early thirties, she played Lynn in The Divergent Series: Insurgent, Brenda in Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials, and Alita, all of whom are supposed to be teenagers (though Alita is technically at least 300 years old, but still mostly behaves like a teen). She looked more convincing than many examples of this trope.
- Older Than They Look: Rosa is credible as a teenager, despite being over 30 years old.