Kane Warren Hodder (born April 8, 1955) is a stuntman who also has done some acting roles, most famously in Friday the 13th films as Jason Voorhees.
He has notably stated he can vomit on command. He was also a guest investigator in Ghost Adventures.
- Alligator (1980) — The alligator.
- City Limits (1984) — DA.
- Avenging Force (1986) — Thug.
- House II: The Second Story (1987) — The guy in a gorilla suit who gets punched over a railing.
- Friday the 13th, parts VII, VIII, Jason Goes to Hell and Jason X (1988-2001) — Jason Voorhees
- He also plays a guard and Freddy Krueger's hand in Jason Goes to Hell.
- Prison (1988) — Forsythe.
- Alligator II: The Mutation — Billy Bob.
- House IV (1992) — The human pizza.
- Best Of The Best 2 (1993) — Backdoor Man, aka the guy whose hand gets pinned to a wall.
- Pumpkinhead II: Blood Wings (1994) — Keith.
- Project Metalbeast (1995) — Metalbeast.
- Wishmaster (1997) — Guard.
- Children of the Corn V: Fields of Terror (1998) — Bartender.
- Daredevil (2003) — Bodyguard.
- The Devil's Rejects (2005) — Gasmask officer.
- 2001 Maniacs! (2005) — Jason.
- Hatchet I-III (2006-2012) — Victor Crowley and his father.
- Behind the Mask: The Rise of Leslie Vernon (2006) — Cameo as the guy on front of the Elm Street house.
- Frozen (2010) — Cody
- Friday the 13th: The Game (2017) — Kane did the motion capture for Jason's kills and movement in general.
Tropes invoked by the actor:
- Awesome Mc Coolname: Seriously, just say it out loud. Kane Hodder.
- Beard of Evil: Conveniently sports one, much like fellow go to film villain actor, Tim Curry.
- Covered in Scars: You often can't see them, but a fire stunt gone wrong early in his career left Kane with massive third-degree burns on half his body. The scarring wouldn't have been so bad had the hospital treating him not been completely inept.
- Enforced Method Acting: Two cases in Friday the 13th Part VII: The New Blood: One of Friday the 13th's signature moments, Jason kicking the sleeping bag murder victims, was a result of Kane getting frustrated from several retakes of the scene. And another well-known scene, Jason catching on fire at the climax of the film, was the result of the suit Kane was wearing catching on fire and not having it put out until the scene was finished.
- Game Show Appearance: Once appeared on the 2000 version of To Tell the Truth.
- Juggalo: He even has a modified version of the "Hatchet Man" logo on his forearm, replacing the Hatchet with a machete.
- Made of Iron: As noted above, he survived a horrific burns in a stunt gone wrong, as well as an accident on-set. Specifically the scene at the end of in Friday the 13th Part VII: The New Blood, where Jason is lit on fire. That wasn't supposed to happen, and Kane was on fire for over a minute because he didn't want the scene to get ruined by the fire extinguishers.
- Name of Cain: Pretty amusing for the guy who's most well known role is a serial killer.
- Role Reprisal: He provides motion capture for Jason Vorhees in Friday the 13th: The Game, a game made over fifteen years after the last time he portrayed the iconic slasher in Jason X.
- Stunt Double: His main job, although he's best known for repeatedly playing the masked, voiceless Jason Voorhees, which involves a lot of muscle and stunt work.
- Squick: He can vomit on command.
- At one point he decided to go into detail about this in the audio commentary for Friday the 13th Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan. He mentions that the scene where Jason vomits was done by him drinking a gallon of water an hour before the shoot and regurgitating what was left during the scene.
- Troll: He once used his Jason costume to scare a man between shots in Friday the 13th Part VII: The New Blood.