Avenging Force is an action film from the year 1986. It is a sequel to Invasion U.S.A. (1985).
Retired secret service agent Matt Hunter (Michael Dudikoff) is forced to dust off the areas of his expertise when a friend of his becomes targeted by a team of right-wing extremists who call themselves the Pentangle. They prove to be a quite challenge, with the action culminating in a manhunt across the swamplands of Louisiana.
This film has the examples of:
- Battle Strip: Richards takes off his shirt before he starts punching mooks during the harbor fight.
- Big Bad: Prof. Glastenbury.
- Bondage Is Bad: Jeb's hunting mask looks like an S&M type-deal.
- Bound and Gagged: Sarah, after Pentangle briefly kidnaps her.
- Car Chase: One starts when the mooks lead by Parker attempt to ambush Hunter and Richards.
- Death of a Child: Richard's kids die in the fire as well.
- Evil Sounds Deep: Glastenbury speaks in a quite bass voice.
- Five-Man Band: True to its name, Pentangle has five key members in its inner sanctum.
- Heroic Fire Rescue: Before he dies from his wounds, Richards rescues his son from the burning safehouse.
- Hunting the Most Dangerous Game: The idea behind Pentangle's "hunting club".
- Impaled with Extreme Prejudice: Glastenbury ends up impaled on a statue when he fights Hunter.
- Improvised Zipline: Hunter uses his belt to create a zipline to a mook's face.
- Irony: The villains of the first film were communist terrorists. Here the antagonists are a far-right group.
- It's Always Mardi Gras in New Orleans: An attempt on Richards's life happens during the Mardi Gras.
- Malevolent Masked Men: Pentangle members wear masks during their manhunts.
- Man on Fire: One of the redshirts during the Pentangle's raid on the safehouse is shown running around on fire after an explosion.
- Mexico Called; They Want Texas Back: Mentioned in Prof. Glastenbury's New Era Speech.
- New Era Speech: Prof. Glastenbury gives one after the kendo exhibition, which plays to the participants' right-wing paranoia.
- Obvious Stunt Double: Big Bad Prof. Glastenbury alternates between his actor and a stuntman in a bad wig during the final fight.
- Pipe Pain: Hunter picks up a pipe to deal with a mook.
- Right-Wing Militia Fanatic: The Pentangle is made from these.
- Sequel Hook: The film ends with Hunter starting the search for the fifth unknown member of the Pentangle.
- Sword Fight: Hunter's fight with Chuck becomes one momentarily.
- Unnecessary Combat Roll: Richards pulls one when Hunter gives him some covering fire.
- You Have Failed Me: Glastenbury shoots Parker after his failure to kill Hunter and Richards.