Prior to acting, she got her start as a backup dancer for pop acts like Janet Jackson, *NSYNC, and P!nk. Her experience in the field uniquely qualified her for Step Up; while filming, she met Channing Tatum, who she'd end up marrying in July 2009. In May 2013, she gave birth to their first child, a girl named Everly. They separated in 2018.
- The Young and the Restless (2004) as Donna
- Tamara (2005) as Tamara Riley
- Step Up (2006) as Nora Clark
- The Grudge 2 (2006) as Sally
- Melrose Place (2009) as Kendra Wilson
- The Playboy Club (2011) as Bunny Janie
- American Horror Story: Asylum (2012 — 2013) as Teresa Morrison
- Witches of East End (2013 — 2014) as Freya Beauchamp
- So You Think You Can Dance (2014) as herself
- Supergirl (2015 — 2016) as Lucy Lane
She provides examples of:
- Ambiguously Brown: Her father is part-Lebanese; the surname "Dewan" means "bundle of written sheets," or "book," in Arabic.
- Ms. Fanservice: She is a very beautiful woman.
- Romance on the Set: She met ex-husband Channing Tatum while filming Step Up.
- She's Got Legs: She most certainly does and tends to show them off.