She also has a number of film credits. The most prominent are cult favourite neo-noir Brick, the Alexandra Aja remake of The Hills Have Eyes, romantic drama Remember Me and...Santa's Slay with Goldberg as a murderous Santa Claus.
She currently resides in the United States with her fiance, Eric Bilitch, and their two children. She became an American citizen in 2018.
- Beast Master (1999-2000) as The Demon Curupira
- Roswell (2000-02) as Tess Harding
- Carrie (2002) as Chris Hargensen
- NCIS (2003) as Nancy
- Lost (2004-08, 2010) as Claire Littleton
- CSI: Miami (2004) as Venus Robinson
- Brick (2005) as Emily Kostich
- Santa's Slay (2005) as Mary "Mac" Mackenzie
- The Hills Have Eyes (2006) as Brenda Carter
- Public Enemies (2009) as Barbara Patzke
- Remember Me (2010) as Alyssa "Ally" Craig
- Operation Endgame (2010) as Hierophant
- Once Upon a Time (2012-18) as Belle French
Tropes associated with the actress include:
- Ability over Appearance: Belle in the Disney film is French but speaks with an American accent. Producers let Emilie use her natural voice rather than be a Fake American.
- Actor Allusion: In Remember Me, the cops say that it's 8.15 in one scene - the same number as the flight in Lost.
- The Danza: As Emily in Brick.
- Dawson Casting: She was subject to this in a lot of her early roles.
- Dyeing for Your Art: For Belle's Season 1 appearances, she just wore a wig. When she was upgraded to series regular, she dyed her hair brown. She reverted to her natural blonde after Season 5 and wore a wig again for Season 6.
- Fake American: She can do a flawless American accent. To the degree that a few viewers in the initial episodes of Lost accused her Australian accent of sounding fake. No longer so from 2018 onward as she has acquired American citizenship.
- Hide Your Pregnancy: Belle became pregnant during Season 5 because Emilie was in real life. In flashbacks to when Belle isn't pregnant, there's a lot of shots from the chest up to hide it.
- Irony as She Is Cast: Claire in Lost loves peanut butter. Emilie herself is allergic to it.
- Playing Against Type:
- Scully Box: For Remember Me, Emilie had to make up for the huge height difference between her and Robert Pattinson. The difference is nearly a whole foot to be exact.
- Those Two Actors: With Rebecca Mader in Lost and Once Upon a Time.