Eamonn Roderique Walker (June 12, 1962 in London, England) is an English film, television and theatre actor.
In the United States he is known for playing Kareem Saïd in the HBO television series Oz, for which he won a CableACE Award, and Battalion Chief Wallace Boden on Chicago Fire and other shows within the Chicago franchise. In the United Kingdom, his notable roles have included Winston in the 1980s BBC series In Sickness And In Health, and John Othello in the 2001 ITV1 production of Othello.
He was mentored by Rita Moreno, whom he also considers as his friend.
- Dempsey and Makepeace as Edwin Shore
- Tales of the Unexpected as Bates
- The Bill as P.C. Haynes
- Bergerac as Conrad
- Birds of a Feather as Colin
- One Foot in the Grave as Hugo
- Goodnight Sweetheart as Thursfield
- Oz as Kareem Said
- Homicide: The Movie as Eric Thomas James
- Unbreakable as Dr. Mathison
- Othello as Othello
- Tears of the Sun as Ellis Pettigrew
- Lord of War as Andre Baptiste Senior
- Julius Caesar as Mark Anthony
- ER as Dr. Stephen Dakarai
- Justice as Luther Graves
- World War Z as Xolelwa Azania / Paul Redeker / David Allen Forbes
- Bonekickers as Senator Joy
- The Messenger as Colonel Stuart Dorsett
- Kings as Reverend Ephram Samuels
- Blood and Bone as James
- The Whole Truth as Terrence Edgecomb
- A Lonely Place to Die as Andy
- Strike Back as Walter Lutulu
- Copper as Frederick Douglas
- One Chicago as Wallace Boden
Tropes associated with him and his works
- Badass Baritone: The man has a deep voice, making his badass roles more believable.
- Shakespearian Actors: The first black actor to play Othello at Shakespeare's Globe Theatre.
- Typecasting: Frequently finds himself playing Cultured Badass Government or military officials.