Anna Helene Paquin (born July 24, 1982 in Winnipeg, Manitoba) is a Canadian/New Zealand actress.
She's best known as Rogue in the X-Men Film Series and Sookie Stackhouse in True Blood. She has also appeared in 25th Hour and Buffalo Soldiers.
She is also the second-youngest person to ever win an Academy Award (1993 Best Supporting Actress at the age of 11, for her role in The Piano, which was her first ever acting role).
- Dyeing for Your Art: She is naturally a brunette, but has been a blonde since starring in True Blood.
- Fake Nationality: She is seldom without one.
- She plays an American Southerner in X-Men, True Blood and Roots.
- She attempted an American accent as Sheeta in Castle in the Sky, but the results were more of an odd mix of American/New Zealand.
- She was an upper-class girl from Boston in Finding Forrester.
- A Scotswoman in The Piano.
- An English girl in Jane Eyre and in the English dub of Steamboy (also a Crosscast Role).
- She played the young Spanish Queen Isabella in Amistad.
- She played a Polish woman in the The Courageous Heart Of Irena Sendler
- General American accent in Almost Famous, She's All That and 25th Hour.
- Averted in Fly Away Home, where she got to use her (at the time) natural New Zealand accent and played a character that, like herself, was a Canadian born New Zealander.
- She had a Western American drawl as a cowgirl tyrannosaur in The Good Dinosaur.
- The American Peggy Sheeran in The Irishman.
- In all of these, she puts on the accents well at least.
- Ms. Fanservice: Basically nothing is left unseen of her during the seven seasons of True Blood.
- Romance on the Set: With True Blood co-star Stephen Moyer. He played Bill Compton, Sookie's main love interest on the show for the first three seasons. The two married in 2010 and she gave birth to twins in 2012. Ironically, while most True Blood fans adore the fact that they're together, the pairing of their characters on the show (Sookie x Bill) largely became No Yay (the pair broke up eventually).