Elliot Page (formerly credited as Ellen Page, born February 21, 1987), is a Canadian actor and activist from Halifax, Nova Scotia.
He's best known for playing Kitty Pryde in the X-Men film series as well as for his breakthrough roles in Hard Candy and Juno. More recently, he has also played Vanya Hargreeves/the White Violin on The Umbrella Academy.
Page came out as transmasculine and queer in 2020, and previously as a lesbian in 2014. He married dancer and choreographer Emma Portner in 2018; the pair divorced in 2021.
- Trailer Park Boys (20012008): Treena Lahey (season 2)
- ReGenesis (20042008): Lilith Sandström (season 1)
- Hard Candy (2005): Hayley Stark
- Mouth to Mouth (2005): Sherry
- X-Men Film Series: Kitty Pryde
- The Tracey Fragments (2007): Tracey Berkowitz
- Juno (2007): Juno MacGuff
- An American Crime (2007): Sylvia Likens
- Smart People (2008): Vanessa Wetherhold
- Whip It (2009): Bliss Cavendar / Babe Ruthless
- Inception (2010): Ariadne
- Peacock (2010): Maggie Bailey
- Super (2010): Libby / Boltie
- To Rome with Love (2012): Monica
- Beyond: Two Souls (2013): Jodie Holmes (providing voice and mocap for a character modeled after himself)
- The East (2013): Izzy
- Into the Forest (2015): Nell
- Freeheld (2015): Stacie Andree
- Gaycation (20162017): Himself (host)
- Tallulah (2016): Tallulah
- Flatliners (2017): Courtney Holmes
- My Days of Mercy (2017): Lucy Moro
- The Umbrella Academy (2019present): Vanya Hargreevesnote
- There's Something in the Water (2019): Director and presenter, himself
This actor's works provide examples of:
- Canada, Eh?: Made fun of in his video "Crappy Canadian Thanksgiving", where several fellow Canadian celebrities celebrate Thanksgiving by eating Elliot.
- Cannot Tell a Joke: The basis of this video.
- Celebrity Endorsement: Elliot gets paid to promote computer networking products for Cisco in a campaign portraying a Grass Is Greener little town as the new tech hub of the universe (which just happens to be in his home province of Nova Scotia).
- Crosscast Role: Retroactively the bulk of his roles have turned out to be crosscast after he came out as a trans man.
- Cute and Psycho: His characters in Hard Candy and Super. Vanya in The Umbrella Academy is this as well.
- Cute Bruiser: His pre-transition Action Girl (e.g. Kitty Pryde and Boltie) roles tended to be this. This is a defining characteristic of a rollergirl as well.
- Fake American: Often plays American characters despite being Canadian. Fake Russian in the case of Vanya, although since Vanya spent all her life in the US, she's pretty much an American as well.
- Older Than They Look: Another reason for his Typecasting. Page is 34 years old but he still gets mistaken for a teenager, resulting in him being typecasted in various teenage film roles.
- Pint-Sized Powerhouse:
- Owned the Juggernaut, bitch!
- And did you see what he did to Nite Owl?
- Not to mention bending Paris in half.
- Escorting much-taller Juliette Lewis to the infield, no mean feat.
- Um... he... did bad things... to Rainn Wilson.
- And ends up being one of, if not the most powerful of the Hargreeves siblings in The Umbrella Academy.
- Teens Are Short: The reason for his Typecasting. He looks on the bright side, though:"I'm a total shrimp, which makes me look younger. I'll be able to stay in that area longer, which is good, because there's more competition in your 20s."
- Typecasting: For quite some time, Elliot was typecast as an atypical, rebellious teenage girl with an attitude. This petered out around 2010 with his involvement in works such as Peacock and Inception, which indicated a shift to more varied roles.
- Word of Saint Paul: According to Elliot, he thinks that many of his characters, including Juno, would eventually realize that theyre gay.