Voiced by: Billy Rosemberg (Seasons 13), Tyler Stevenson (Seasons 45), Gavin MacIver-Wright (Seasons 67)
Ruby's three-year-old little brother, who sometimes thinks of tricks to avoid what Ruby wants him to do.
- Ambiguous Disorder: His hyperfocus on one singular goal every episode and his simplistic speaking patterns seem to suggest some sort of neurodivergency, but the series never confirms if this is actually the case. He could also just not have any sort of disorder at all, considering that Morris acts similarly to him, and just acts that way because he's still a little kid.
- Annoying Younger Sibling: Ruby sees him as one, because Max never does what she asks.
- Foolish Sibling, Responsible Sibling: The foolish one to Ruby's responsible one.
- Karma Houdini: He always gets away with his schemes, and is sometimes even praised for them. In all fairness, his schemes do often help Ruby in the end.
- Kiddie Kid: All the 3-year-olds in the show act like infants. As a 4-year-old he starts speaking in complete sentences but can't speak in fluent English. He's also the only kid in his class who can't speak fluently.
- One-Word Vocabulary: In each episode, he often repeats a single word over and over. This starts being phased out in later seasons, as he begins to speak proper sentences.
- Ridiculously Cute Critter: He's a bunny, after all.
- Silent Snarker: Sometimes expresses annoyance in his facial expressions towards Ruby.
- Smug Smiler: Whenever Max thinks up a plan or thinking of a way to trick Ruby during certain situations.
- The Trickster: He likes to be mischievous and play tricks on his sister Ruby.
Voiced by: Samantha Morton (Seasons 12), Rebecca Peters (Seasons 35), Lana Carillo (Seasons 67)
Max's seven-year-old older sister. She can be bossy
- Adaptational Nice Girl: In the animated series, she's a lot more kind and nice around Max, while in the older books, she gets very irritated and annoyed whenever Max disobeys what she tells him.
- Come Out, Come Out, Wherever You Are: She does this to Max in the "Max, Where Are You?" song in Bunny Party. Her tone of voice indicates that it's Serious Business - she's not in the mood for Max's games.
- Control Freak: She tends to be bossy and tries to get Max to do things she wants to even when he clearly doesn't want to, sometimes to the point where she is obsessed with it.
- Deadpan Snarker: In the later episodes, along with the older Max And Ruby books.
- Foolish Sibling, Responsible Sibling: The responsible one to Max's foolish one.
- Girly Girl: She loves playing with dolls, dressing up as a princess, having tea parties, doing makeovers, and tends to be soft-spoken.
- Kid Has a Point: As bossy and overprotective she can be, she does have a point about watching over Max and wanting what is best for him.
- Only Sane Girl: She can be this when she's watching over Max.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: The Girly Girl to Louise's Tomboy. She's more soft-spoken, enjoys having tea parties with her dolls and dressing up as a princess.
- Vague Age: It's difficult to tell how old she is when she can be seen with other adult bunnies. Word of God says she is seven.
Voiced by: Julie Lemieux
Ruby's best friend who visits her most of the time. She has a younger cousin named Morris.
- Girly Girl with a Tomboy Streak: While she is just as girly, she is more outgoing and dressed up as a prince once.
- Those Two Girls: She and Ruby share a lot of screentime whenever an episode focuses on Ruby or the Bunnyscouts.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: The Tomboy to Ruby's Girly Girl. She is louder and more outgoing than Ruby and didn't seem to mind dressing up as a prince on one occasion.
Voiced by: Kay Hawtrey
Ruby and Max's grandmother.
- Ascended Extra: She only appeared in the book "Bunny Cakes" and "Bunny Money" but is a recurring character in the series. In the later episodes, she ends up as a third main character mainly when the episode involved them traveling.
- Cool Old Lady: Dresses up as a vampire and a pirate on some occasions.
- Non-Standard Character Design: The only character with colored eyes.
Max and Ruby's Parents
Voiced by: David Pentwick and Paul Bates (Mr. Bunny), Caroly Larson (Mrs. Bunny)
Voiced by: Robert Hall
A male bunny who lives in the neighborhood. Ruby and Louise have a crush on him.
- Suddenly Voiced: Only said, "Uh-huh" or "Nuh-uh" in earlier episodes before speaking in full sentences.
- Vocal Dissonance: Roger used to be voiced by an actual teenager in the earlier seasons but was given a younger sounding voice in the later episodes.
Voiced by: Cameron Ansell (Seasons 1-5), Nicholas Fry (Seasons 67)
Louise's little cousin.
- HeelFace Turn: He became Max's friend later on in the show. It's easy to forget that he's Max's rival.
- Kiddie Kid
- The Rival: To Max in his first appearance in the show. He later becomes friends with Max, but both have disagreements with each other.
Voiced by: Alexis Walla (Seasons 1-5), Loretta Jafelice (Seasons 67)
Ruby's third best friend who sometimes appears along with Louise.
Voiced by: Tabitha St. Germain
- Genki Girl: At least in the earlier episodes whenever she speaks. This was toned down when the show got uncancelled where she acted more calm.
- The Quiet One: She rarely talks, except when she gets excited around the other Bunny Scouts.