The ad itself, however, was never actually meant to be seen by anyone outside of the Ad Follies, an underground Parody Commercial contest held by several Baltimore marketing companies, as it could put the jobs of those who made it in serious jeopardy. Though, fortunately, the ad was then leaked to YouTube in 2006, where it would ascend to memetic levels.
Watch it here.
This advert provides the following tropes:
- The Alleged Car: One of the first lines in the commercial is an admission that their cars are terrible and prone to breaking down or outright stolen.
- Ass Shove: If you find a better deal than theirs, then you should shove it up your ugly ass. You heard them right, shove it up your ugly ass!
- Bread, Eggs, Milk, Squick: "Bring your title! Bring your trade! Bring your wife! We'll fuck her!"
- Groin Attack: Don't fuck with them, or else they'll rip your nuts off!
- Honest John's Dealership: They proudly admit that they are going to wring every possible cent out of you for a car that barely works, because they think you're such a stupid motherfucker, you'll still fall for their bullshit. Guaranteed! Oh, and try to screw them over in any way and they'll fucking kill you, or so they say at least.
- Impossible Task: The goal of Challenge Pissing is to piss six feet into the air, straight up, without getting wet. Anyone who succeeds doesn't have to pay a down payment.
- Our Product Sucks: The announcers proudly proclaim that their cars are complete lemons, and you'd have to be a complete schmuck to buy a car from them.
- Parody Commercial: It's a used car commercial where the announcers blatantly yell profane insults at the audience. It's clearly not to be taken seriously.
- Ridiculously Loud Commercial: The advertisers really love to shout.
- Sir Swears-a-Lot: The advertisers use quite a lot of vulgar language.
- Stock Footage: of then-current GM cars, of the type expressly made for local dealers to splice into their ads.
- Take That, Audience!: It starts by telling the entire city of Baltimore to go fuck themselves, and spirals out of control from there.