A series of commercials that aired from 2000 to 2002, featuring Batman employing the services of OnStar to assist him in his crimefighting as Alfred has it installed on the Batmobile. The commercials were notable for having the late Michael Gough reprise his role from the Burton/Schumacher films as Alfred.
These commercials provide examples of:
- Crazy-Prepared: Batman, as usual, if not more so.
- Darker and Edgier: Darker than Joel Schumacher's films and closer in look to the Burton movies.
- Impact Silhouette: The "Joker Face" commercial sees the Batman leave a dent in a barrier the Joker deployed, leaving a dent in the shape of the Batmobile's front.
- Lighter and Softer: While the ads are darker than Joel Schumacher's films and closer in look to Burton's, they're still lighter than Burton's actual movies.
- Mythology Gag:
- While the commercials mimic the tone and atmosphere of the Burton/Schumacher films, the Joker and Penguin resemble more like their comic book counterparts.
- One commercial has Batman, while fighting the Penguin, telling Vicki via OnStar that he'll be "very late" for their date, much like the ending of the first film where Alfred informs Vicki he'll be "a little late".
- Whole Costume Reference: The costumes used for the commercials were the main blue-black costumes from Batman & Robin, repainted black with the oval yellow.