DieHard is Back is a two minute commercial for the Die Hard franchise used to promote Advance Auto Parts' DieHard brand of car batteries that aired in 2020.
John McClane (Bruce Willis) is driving through a junkyard when his car battery goes dead. While walking to an Advance Auto Parts store, he runs into his old enemy Theo (Clarence Gilyard), who sends his thugs after him. McClane goes on the run and is eventually helped by Argyle (De'voreaux White).
- Air-Vent Passageway: After buying a battery, McClane is forced to go through the Advance Auto Parts building's air ducts to evade the thugs. He is not happy about it.
- Borrowed Catch Phrase: When Theo is defeated, Argyle is the one who says, "Yippee-ki-yay!"
- Curse Cut Short:
- When Theo realizes there is a primed grenade next to him, he screams, "Oh, sh-" before it explodes.
- When Argyle says, "Yippee-ki-yay!", McClane cuts him off before he can say, "Motherfucker!"
- Hey, That's My Line!: McClane says this when Argyle says, "Yippee-ki-yay!"
- Improvised Weapon: McClane smacks a thug in the face with the battery.
- Oh, Crap!: When Theo notices McClane threw a grenade near him, he screams in horror right before he blows up.
- Super-Stoic Shopkeeper: The cashier at Advance Auto Parts is unfazed when McClane storms the store while under fire.
- You Have GOT to Be Kidding Me!:
- After buying the battery with the thugs outside the store, McClane asks the cashier if there is another way out of the building. She points at the air vent and he responds with this.
- McClane also does this when he runs into Argyle and finds that he's still a limo driver after all these years.