Superpower Lottery in a School Setting:
- Logical-Mathematical ~ Offensive
- Verbal-Linguistic ~ Offensive
- Spatial ~ Range
- Kinesthetic ~ Physical
- Musical ~ Special
- Intrapersonal ~ Defensive
- Interpersonal ~ Special
- Language involves communication (Verbal-Linguistic), but I'm not sure what kind of abilities would suit it. I thought of Formulaic Magic involving spell casting, but other people I have consulted thought that abilities involving stealth and creative use of communication gadgets would better suit it.
- Social Science involves both Intrapersonal and Interpersonal intelligences. I thought of Psychic Powers and Shapeshifting.
- Math and Physics are almost inseparable, and it has the potential to yield the most powerful abilities.
- Other Natural Sciences such as Earth Science, Biology, and Chemistry may give Elemental Powers, Green Thumb, and Beastmaster abilities
- Physical Education obviously gives physical attributes.
- Health Studies are part of the Natural Sciences, but it may instead give healing and cutting abilities.
- Music Studies would most likely involve Status Buff and Standard Status Effects. This could be lumped with Social Science.
- Language ~ Speed
- Social Science ~ Dexterity
- Mathematics ~ Defense
- Natural Science ~ Special
- Gym Class ~ Power
edited 13th Sep '12 4:40:39 AM by judasmartel
- Language - Long Range
- Social Science - Special Attribute
- Mathematics - Defensive Power
- Natural Science - Offensive Power
- Physical Education - Close Range
- Number One: Math + Natural Science = Vector Field (yeah, really hard not to do this, given my revamped subject chart)
- Number Two: Language + Social Science = Spelling Field
- Number Three: (Pure) Natural Science = Weather Field
- Number Four: Math + Langauage = Gear Field (!)
- Number Five: Social Science + Language = Mental Field
- Number Six: (Pure) Social Science = Demon Field
- Number Seven: (Pure) Physical Education = Power Field
edited 13th Sep '12 6:28:59 PM by judasmartel
- Type MP (Math and Physics) - The grand prize winners of the Superpower Lottery are those who excel in Math and Physics. As in Real Life, MP-types are rare, but there's no doubt that they have the most powerful abilities in the story. I classify the Emperor Chang Shen as a Type MP, due to his vector manipulation ability (yeah, it does remind us of a certain Accelerator, but I can assure you that this guy I have here is an honorable chap at best).
- Type NS (Natural Sciences) - The second best prize of the Superpower Lottery, which is reserved for those who excel in the natural sciences (Geology, Biology, Chemistry, etc.). Emperor Ayame and Edward are examples of NS-Type power users.
- Type SS (Social Sciences) - One of the three most common types of powers. They are the "Paramecia Devil Fruits" of the setting, due to the wide range of abilities it offers, since the Social Sciences covers the most aspects of Real Life (psychology, politics, economics, music and the arts, etc.). Indira, Guinevere, and Mizuki are examples of SS-type power users.
- Type VL (Verbal-Linguistic) - The second of the three most common power types, reserved for those who excel in written and oral language. It has a smaller range of abilities than SS but offers just about the same abilities it gives. The main indicator of a VL ability is that oral or written language is required to activate it, making it less practical than SS unless the power user improvises. Emperor William Robertson is an example of a VL power user. Emperor Hee-Shin Kang's ability to summon machines through programming codes resemble a VL ability, but is actually an MP ability since it deals with binary numbers.
- Type PF (Physical Fitness) - The last of the most common power types. PF-types gain increased physical strength as well as different forms of combat, usually based on their daily physical activity, making it best suitable for DanceBattlers and BareFistedMonks. Emperor Manny Barias is an example of a PF-type power user.
- Pedro vs. Mizuki would be brought about by a misunderstanding. She thought Pedro was an assassin, so she attacked him.
- During the Emperors' Cup (only the seven Emperors can fight in this Tournament Arc), Ayame suffered a Game-Breaking Injury after a difficult battle with William Robertson, so she had to sit out and possibly forfeit the championship match in favor of Chang Shen.
- So Pedro offers to fight Shen in her place, much to Class 3's concern. Ayame agrees to it, anyway, since he's so determined to avoid the forfeit. Edward would then try to stop him from doing a suicide mission, but he eventually Determinator'd his way through him. Nonetheless, I still want to invoke a Touma vs Accelerator vibe in this battle between Pedro and Chang.
edited 16th Dec '12 3:28:44 PM by judasmartel
- Your typical arrogant I-have-high-grades snob
- Romantic rivals for Ayame, or people who get pissed that Pedro's close to her.
- Lazy genius who hates hardworking people because "it's a waste of time"
- A battle maniac (always an easy option!)
edited 16th Dec '12 11:28:07 PM by judasmartel
edited 17th Dec '12 1:17:18 AM by fillerdude
- I'm having problems designating the story's first major villain (Chang doesn't count). As mentioned earlier, it's actually a bad idea to pit an Anti-Magic user against a mainly physical fighter, but thing is, my MC is a pretty good street fighter himself.
- He grew up fighting thugs in the streets of Tondo, one of the most dangerous in the Philippines. Prior to his arrival at Fields Medal Academy (name of the school), he built a reputation for becoming the youngest gang leader at the age of 14 since Asiong Salonga in the 1950's. He was 16 when he landed at FMA.
- His gang sure does have quite the reputation, but they're still no match for some of the badder gangs in Philippine history such as the OXO or Sigue-Sigue because they're still a bunch of kids compared to these guys.
- I'm inclined to make his first opponent at FMA a power user with a mid-tier ability but weak physical combat skills. Then he would have to fight two PF-type power users prior to the Elemental Girl Posse arc.
- I still can't decide of a reason why would the Elemental Girl Posse would bully someone like Ayame without making her look stupid. Maybe I should make somebody else the victim instead of Ayame. Any ideas?
- So I just decided to place Pedro's superpower reveal in his battle against a lightning user.
edited 26th Dec '12 1:14:00 AM by judasmartel
- Arrogant mid-tier power user with poor combat skills
- Female swordsman who uses Flash Step (Ayame's female bodyguard)
- The elemental Girl Posse who really hate a mid-to-high-tier power user.
- Alchemist-type power user (he would stop the MC from basically committing suicide by fighting an Accelerator clone)
- Chang Shen (MC acts as Ayame's replacement)
edited 26th Dec '12 1:33:06 AM by judasmartel
edited 26th Dec '12 10:38:48 AM by judasmartel
- Ayame (#3, Elemental Mage) and/or Mizuki (Samurai) vs William (#2, English fencer)
- Edward vs Hee-jin (#4) - Alchemy vs Technology
- Pedro (Hero) vs Manny (#7) - Both are more physical fighters than power users, so this could work if I make Manny the superior fighter even without his strength augmentation powers. Much more so since Manny's powers aren't something that Pedro can cancel with Anti-Magic.
edited 20th Jun '13 2:47:51 AM by judasmartel