Hilarious in Hindsight: During the destruction of Alexandria castle, Zidane rescues Garnet from a crumbling balcony by swinging on a line.
- And later on, he's able to interpret the Terran glyphs without having seen them before.
- When Kuja has your heroes locked in deathtraps, Cid gets to play a little game... of Grandmother's Footsteps.
- One that's only hilarious in light of the other Star Wars references: as you proceed into Memoria, Garland speaks to you quite clearly several times before actually saying "can you hear me?"
- For fans of the whole series, here's a fun experiment with Steiner. Name him Basch. Marvel at how many times he declares something along the lines of "I'm Captain Basch!".
- In the Lindblum weapon shop, Zidane comments on a large sword, noting that he remembers a guy with spiky hair who carried a similar one. An obvious reference to Final Fantasy VII, but after 2009, it feels like a reference to something else.
- In the German version, the Town of the Black Mages is once called "The Town where not even the Ratzinger sleeps".
- In Esto Gaza Zidane has the option of hitting on a random NPC. Nothing new there. But if you talk to the girl's boyfriend, right beside her, he says "I hope you get kicked by a horse..." This is twice as funny after knowing the romantic credo of Jade Curtiss:
Jade: Well, you know what they say. Anyone who interferes with others' romances should be kicked by a horse and die.