Western Animation: Pet Alien
Pet Alien (2005) is an All-CGI Cartoon cartoon that follows the life of young man Tommy Cadle and his alien houseguests Dinko, Extreme Omnivore Gumpers, Deadpan Snarker Swanky, Cloud Cuckoolander Flip and Team Pet Scruffy. A total of 22 episodes were produced, though a number of them were left unaired in the original broadcast.
This show provides examples of:
- Achievements in Ignorance: One possible explanation for the Mind Screw below, as Swanky called Dinko and Gumpers nincompoops for it.
- Berserk Button: Hoo boy Dinko has a few, don't put Tommy in danger, Don't try to take the title of best friend out from under Dinko (He is absolutely obsessed about that and will go into a bunch of hair-brained schemes to reestablish himself as Tommy's best friend), and as listed below don't call Dinko by the wrong name.
- Butt Monkey: Tommy, Granville, and Swanky
- Canis Latinicus
- The Cat Came Back: It's impossible to get rid of Gabby. One time Dinko and Gumpers clearly locked Gabby in a box but later when the box was opened Swanky was somehow in there instead even though he was nowhere in sight when Gabby was put in the box.
- Catch Phrase: Swanky has "nincompoops" and Granville has "this is all your fault Tommy Cadle"
- Whenever one of the aliens says something nonsensical Tommy will say "Right" extending the I sound.
- Eating Shoes: Gumper eats everything, including shoes.
- Eureka Moment / Genius Ditz: Gumpers can have great ideas, he just has to think hard enough.
- Fiction Isn't Fair
- Gadgeteer Genius: Dinko's entire species hat is based around this, he's often able to make amazing things just by digging around Tommy's lifehouse.
- Girlish Pigtails: Gabby
- Hey, It's That Voice!: Jess Harnell, Candi Milo and Charlie Adler
- Idiosyncratic Wipes
- Meganekko: Gabby
- Mistaken Nationality: Despite being obviously English, Granville is often mistaken for being Norwegian.
- Rant-Inducing Slight: Dinko does not like being called by the wrong name, in 'the thing that took tommy's brain' Dinko lets off an absolutely terrific rant after being called 'thinko' by the amnesiac Tommy.
- Real After All: Some episodes ended like this. Like the one where the aliens thought balloons were other aliens.
- Rich Bitch: Melba
- Inventor Species: Dinko is definitely one, he says that all of his inventions run off of 'instinct' and his inventions don't have off switches! If one of them goes wrong it's Gumpers of all aliens that can figure it out but only when he whacks himself in the head.
- The Scapegoat: Characters would always blame Tommy for things that obviously weren't his fault.
- Square/Cube Law: In an episode where Tommy becomes giant size, he's much slower and tires out much more quickly.
- Stalker with a Crush: Gabby for Tommy.
- Super Strength: Gumpers is this, it's even listed in the theme song. The other one surprisingly is Dinko, who can lift up a massive boulder and throw it with enough strength to crush Granville's mansion which is far away up on a hill!
- Surrounded by Idiots: Swanky
- Weirdness Censor: No one realises Tommy's friends are aliens even though they don't wear disguises. They just call them his friends or his "things".